Chapter 30
90 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Narration* 

Two calamities charge at one another.

The spear of death and the fire that burns everything, both aiming to devour the other.

Riveria cast her strongest barrier knowing full well that she will be unable to stop the blazing fire of Bete's magic, she was confident that it is enough to stop August since his attack doesn't have any anti magic properties in it. Her goal is to buy time for Gareth and finn to put a stop at the two.

Gareth and Finn arrived in the middle of the two. Facing the attack of the two head on brought so much pressure on them but they are high class adventurers for a reason. 

"Earth Raid!" Gareth activated his magic and dug his axe down the ground destroying the earth beneath him, he then lifted it up forming a physical wall of hard stones in front of him. 'A fire that burns and absorbs magic, what a terrifying spell, the best course of action against something like that' "IS TO FACE IT HEAD ON!!!" Gareth roared as he braced himself for impact, he is by far the strongest physically in Loki's familia and right now he'll use that strength without reservation. Placing his gigantic axe in front of him, Axe Rolan, an axe with Durandal properties he grit his teeth and dug his feet on the solid ground.

Finn held his spear the Fortia, he stood firm in front of the charging death, right now August's power reached high level 6, the same as him, Gareth, and Riveria. The spear met the solid barrier of the elven mage and the magic roared in protests, it was only a matter of time before Bete reached the barrier from the other side completely destroying it. He ordered Gareth to handle Bete while he stopped the grim reaper that is August. Finn took his stance as he glowed a valiant golden hue, dazzling and radiant, an aura fit for a hero. The barrier vanished and the spear of death beamed on, charging straight towards Finn as he stood tall. "You have gotten stronger August..." Finn smiles as he watches the young adventurer heading in his direction, calling it fast would be an understatement. But Finn just smiled at the face of death, he willed his mana into his spear as he prepared to receive the attack. "But you're still too green." 

*BOOOOMMM!!!* 

Both calamities collide against the two veteran adventurers. A deafening explosion bombarded the 18th floor as a bright light consumes the colors of the dungeon. Debris came flying everywhere as the adventurers tried their best to cover themselves with whatever skill or magic they have, Riveria did her duty and covered those who aren't strong enough to protect themselves. The twins also made sure to keep those who are weak away from harm as they used their weapon to crush the incoming boulders into dust.

Ais watched on, excitement apparent on her beautiful face as she felt her heart beat rapidly, she wants this, this fight, this would undoubtedly make her breach the wall that she is facing right now. Oh how she regretted not being the one who challenges August into a spar. The mana inside her body ran wild from excitement as an unknowing smile rose on her face.

Gareth felt her skin boiling from the heat, he can smell his own flesh singed from the fire that devours everything. The wall that he made was melted by the magic of Bete, it turned into boiling hot magma from the heat. Bete's sword was in a pushing match against Gareth's axe, as the metals turned red hot burning themselves at the process. "Stand down Bete!" Gareth ordered as he stomped his feet on the burning hot ground that is now a pool of lava, he pushed Bete back with his superior strength as his muscle bulge. "ARGHHH!!!" With a primal scream he slammed and pushed the sword up making the werewolf lose his balance and with the brunt end of his axe he swung at him hitting him at the abdominal and sending him flying off the distance.

Bete's magic was canceled as he entered mind zero, he was unconscious by the time he hit the ground, his body beaten and battered. Burns from his own magic can be seen all over him, his right leg a bloody pulp. He was clearly broken right now. Nothing Riveria can't fix with her magic though.

Finn received August's spear with his own, a straight stab was easy to read for the likes of Finn, he was an expert when it comes to spear combat and he anticipated the trajectory of August's strike with one quick look. Charging mana into his lower body and spear he slammed his weapon at the base of Beowulf, breaking its path, directing it to the ground as it dug itself in it creating a huge crater the size of a large house. From the view point of others it might have looked easy, but Finn would be the first one to tell them that it was far from it, one wrong move and he would be at the receiving end of August's spear which would result in his inevitable demise. The mana he used had to be perfect in order for him not to create a blowback that would injure him, just enough to change the trajectory. Anything more or less would mean death for him. And even with all of that he didn't get out of the clash unscratched. His hand was a bloody mess, his fingers all black and broken from the impact. Right now he is in no conditions to even hold his weapon much less fight. And his spear was now unusable, as the spearhead shattered, a durandal weapon broken yet Beowulf was still intact and didn't get any damage from it.

August was shocked to see Finn in front of him, he can no longer stop his assault, and he was even more shocked when Finn redirected his blow to the ground. He was holding his spear next to his body and the blow ultimately bounced back at him, he broke several ribs as his hand let go of his spear, he was blown back by the shockwave of his spear hitting the ground. It interrupted his concentration which snapped him out of endless battle. His body entered mind zero as well and he was rendered unconscious.

Everyone was taken aback by the events, a friendly spar turned into an all out brawl between two powerful adventurers. Their fight literally changed the landscape of the 18th floor as huge craters, broken lands, burnt and melted floors appeared on the floor. The fight resulted in many level 3 and lower adventurers to be injured by their crossfire, nothing too serious, a broken bone here, a concussion there. But they didn't regret watching the fight at all. They witnessed something amazing that day and the memories of it would forever be etched at their minds. 'This is what happens when two high class adventures go all out.' 

The trio of Finn, Riveria, and Gareth were tired, Finn regretted his decision to ever allow this spar to even take place. But he did gain something out of it. He now knows what August is capable of and he could use this to their familia advantage this coming tournament. His eyes roamed and found Ais looking at the pair. He wondered what would happen if her and August fought. He established that the reason his goddess ordered for their early return was because of Ais, and he can't wait to see what the two of them would do when they face off against each other. 

Finn smiled which was caught by Gareth. "What the fuck are you smiling for?" Gareth was angry right now, his axe was broken beyond repeat because of the fire of Bete. He would need a replacement and it doesn't come cheap. 

"Just thinking of the future and what it holds." Finn just smiled at him as he answered his question. "Now let's clean up here. I don't know about you but my whole body is aching right now and I'm in a dire need of a healing spell." 

"OH SHUT UP!" Riveria was as mad or even madder than Gareth is. She was against this spar from the start given Bete's personality. And she was again proven right but no one listens to him. 'Men.' "If it wasn't for your curiosity none of this would have happened right now. So for that you'll be the last person I'll heal." 

"..." Finn just smiled awkwardly and scratched his head at Riveria's remark but winced in pain when his fingers touched his head. He remembered that all of his digits were broken black and blue. 

"Serves you right." Gareth mumbles as he orders the twins to carry the two unconscious fighters at the camp for them to be healed. "I'm too old for this shit."

.

.

.

.

.

*August PoV* 

I found myself floating in darkness, in an unending void, this sensation was familiar to me. Very familiar. I'm back at the abyss.

There was a cold chill running in my veins as the darkness seems to completely envelop my body. 

"This is unexpected."

A blood curdling voice echoed all around me, I can hear it everywhere yet nowhere can a figure be found. 

"Beowulf?" I called out the familiar voice, and an answer came instantly.

"Yes?" the voice seems amused, I can feel it all around me, like a watchful eye, I can feel its presence in the dark endless space.

"Why am I here?" I asked, hoping to get answers. Answers I didn't get the last time that we talked.

"Because I willed it so." 

"..." 

"Why so serious August? You should be happy, I deemed you strong enough for me to call your presence here."

"Why did you call me here exactly."

"Why oh why indeed. Maybe because I'm bored, or because I wanted someone to talk to. Who knows?"

"What games are you playing here?"

"I'm hurt! I just wanted to see my master and talk to him face to face."

"Then show yourself. Why are you hiding?"

"Who said that I am?"

As soon as it said those words the whole void started to shake. Shivers run wild in my body as I felt a primal fear, the fear of the unknown. 

Slowly I could see a light, it was blinding in the darkness, I covered my eyes as I started at it, wanting to see what it was.

Then I saw it, a pair of gigantic eyes staring deep at my soul, it seems to be the only source of light in this endless darkness. 

I remembered the old saying.

Stare at the abyss, and the abyss will stare right back at you. 

And right now, I'm staring face to face with the abyss.

"W-what the hell are you?" my voice suddenly became shaky, I was like a speck of dust in front of those unblinking eyes.

"I already told you that August. I am a Theïkó Óplo."

The voice became much louder, much clearer, much darker than before, I can feel my whole body vibrating at it's voice. So deep, metallic, and bone chilling. Like a growl from a primal beast.

I can hear chains rattling all around me, yet I see nothing except those eyes. 

My body became stiff and unmoving. Even Lord Heracles didn't have this much pressure when he unleashed his aura against me.

"Can you hear it August? Can you hear the chains all around you?"

"..." I was unable to answer it, fear was still coursing in my body.

"I know that you can hear it. The chains that binds me, that limits my powers, every time you get stronger a chain will break. And the moment that you break every chain that binds me, you will have absolute power. A power that can even bring divinity to its knees."

"Power?" its words snapped me out of my trance. 

"Yes August. Power... Absolute Power. Power befitting someone who I deemed as my master."

As it said that its eyes slowly closed, returning the space into an endless darkness. 

"I'm afraid that is all the time that we have right now." its voice sounded tired. Yet it still carries so much power behind every word.

"Wait I'm not done asking questions." I protest.

"all will be answered in time. Be strong my master. You are destined to be the strongest after all."

And with that everything became quiet. 

My body suddenly started falling, it felt heavy, the floating sensation vanished and I fell into an endless depth.

"ARGHHH!!!" My eyes snapped open as I sat up, cold sweet falling off my body. I felt my head bursting in pain. 

I hear the shutters of a tent flap open as my eyes rush at the source of the sound.

"You're awake. How are you feeling right now?" it was Riveria, she was wearing a stoic expression and by the look of it she was unhappy.

Everything started returning, the spar with Bete, us unleashing out magic, Finn standing in front of me. And him redirecting my charge like it was nothing. 

"I'm fine... J-just a major headache." I answered the elven mage as she nodded and checked my body for any abnormalities.

"You seemed to be fine. The headache is due to you entering mind zero, it's completely natural." after she was done she headed to the shutters to exit the tent.

"Hey Riveria..." I spoke softly, stopping her in her tracks. "I'm sorry by the way, I let the spar escalate into an actual fight." I apologize to her sincerely, I felt bad about my actions earlier. It was childish... immature. 

"It's Ok August. Take a rest now. You need it." she gave me an assuring smile and continued her way out. 

I lay down and looked at the ceiling as my mind wandered off to the fight I had with Bete. He may be arrogant and a major asshole but I have to admit he is strong. He is stronger than me and the only reason I was able to keep up with him is because of my skill. The skill that I got from Beowulf. 

I looked at my side and saw my partner, it was placed leaning at the bedside table. I remembered the conversation I had with it. So many questions in my mind. "A Theïkó Óplo huh." I muttered softly and took a deep breath. "I can't help but seem to rely on you more and more." my spear vibrated, giving me assurance that it was ok. But deep down, I want my own strength. My own power. 

My body felt tired and sleep started to rear its head. My eyelids became heavy and I stifled a yawn. 

I let myself go into the sweet embrace of morpheus.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*** 

Chapter 30 is now done. How are you guys liking the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all. 

P.S 

The Man Candy would really appreciate it if you guys can leave a review of this fanfic.

3