Chapter 36
69 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Narration*

August let his mana flow as he unleashed his bloodlust targeting the idiots, a polite smile still on his face as he takes a step closer to them while twirling his spear. 

All of them got into their knees as their body shook in fear, some vomited while others fainted on the spot, the potent bloodlust of August was too much for them to handle.

August was watching the 12 adventurers beg for their lives on bended knees, they didn't even attempt to fight him. The moment they found out who August was and felt his aura gripped their neck, they all simultaneously kissed the ground as they begged to be spared.

"So... What should we do with them?" Denki asked August as he stared blankly at the rookie slayers. 

"Well killing them would just leave a bad taste in my mouth, but the info we got on them is that they have been targeting plenty of rookies in the middle floor so letting them go is out of the question." August shrugs as he answers. Then he remembered something about the Ganesha Familia being something akin to a police force in Orario, and since he's been meaning to visit then he views this as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. 

"Oy!" August starts gaining the attention of everyone. "Do any of you carry a rope?"

"I-I do sir." a thin looking adventurer answered him. The fear is clear in his voice.

"And what's your name?" August asked.

"B-Belo sir, Belo Dona." he answered as he tried his best not to look at August in the eye.

"Well Belo tie everyone up, and make sure it's tight. I'm going to check it after you're done and if I find that you're purposely loosening up the tie." August paused as he let a quick burst of his aura go while looking at Belo. His face smiling innocently. "I'll cut your limbs off one by one."

Belo paled at what August said, he nodded over and over again as he quickly did the job.

.

.

.

.

.

After tying everyone up with his rope, he made sure that it was as tight as humanly possible, with that done August checked it and found it to his liking.

With that they made their way out the dungeon as August ordered Belo to be the one who'll pull the rope all the way to the top.

August was in a hurry so he decided to take the front, not wasting any time, he decided to kill every monster in their path with one blow while continuously moving.

It took them about an hour and a half to reach the 1st floor, it would have been faster if it wasn't for the package they were bringing. 

As they head to the exit, every adventurer they meet along the way stares at them, specifically at the 11 men that were tied up and at Belo who was pulling them like a herd of cattle.

"Denki I'll take care of these idiots, go to the guild and cash in our loot, then head home after you buy some grub from the hostess." August ordered, he then smiled at Denki as he teased him. "And be sure not to get scammed again." 

"Oh shut up!" Denki answered, "You're not letting that go aren't you?"

"No I am not." August smirked as a chuckle escaped his mouth. He then shoos Denki away. "Let's go you idiots, I really want to eat some of Mia's food and have a nice long bath so let's just get this over with." 

The 12 idiots had no other choice but to follow, they really dreaded their luck.

.

.

.

.

.

August and the 12 idiots arrived at Ganesha's home base, earning a few looks by some pedestrians as well as other adventurers along the way.

It has been months since August and Heracles arrived at Orario but to this day August still couldn't fathom why a god would live in such a building, he didn't know what was worse, that the building was in the image of the said god, the fact that the building's name is I AM GANESHA, or that the entrance to it is at its crotch.

"Why the hell did my father join this familia?" he asked himself that question every time he saw the building. he was getting second hand embarrassment just by staring at it. He was really thankful that he chose Heracles over this. "Well it looks like we're here. Let's just get this over with." 

August marched inside along with his prisoners, he was greeted by a young girl his age in the reception. "Good evening sir, how may I help you?" 

August explained everything swiftly as he wanted nothing more than to leave right now. He felt like staying in a place like this is draining his mental health as all that he could think about right now is that he is inside Ganesha's crotch.

"And that's about it." he finished as he signals Belo to get closer which the poor guy did. "Isn't that right?" he asked as he showed Belo that polite smile once again.

"Yes! everything he said is right! just put us in jail now please I beg you!" he answered quickly. ""Yeah please just put us in a cage!!!"" the other idiots chimed in.

"...Ok" the receptionist was confused by the sudden outbursts of Belo and the others. "I'm gonna process this now, can you please provide your name sir so that I can put it on record."

August was about to answer but someone beat him to it.

"August Kaiser..." The voice said, it was feminine and familiar for August. He quickly followed the voice and spotted a person he would never forget. "His name is August Kaiser."

"Captain?" the receptionist also turned at the voice which in turn nodded at her. 

"S-Shakti?" August felt emotional seeing her again, she was the one who was closest to him, the one who always stayed by his side 9 years ago, she was the one who comforted him the most and treated him like a family. 

"It has been a while August. You've grown so much." Shakti smile. Seeing that August rushed at her with open arms. 

Shakti laughed as he received August, returning an affectionate hug of her own.

"Gods... It's been so long." Shakti pushed August lightly in order to get a good look at him. "You're all grown up now, look at you, so strong and handsome, you look just like Sieg did when he was young. Where's the little boy who's always clinging to me?"

August laughed as he scratched his head. "Do you really have to bring that up? It's been 9 years now." 

"It really is such a long time now. How have you been? We have a lot of catching up to do."

"Yeah we really do. But if you'll excuse me for a minute, there's something here that I need to take care of." August said as he pointed at the 12 idiots who had been staring at their conversation.

"Oh that? Let Shacha and Momonga handle them. Right now we have a lot to talk about." Shakti said as she pulled on August arm dragging him into one of the seats in the building.

August could only sigh as he let himself get pulled. He really did miss Shakti so catching up with her was something he looked forward to.

.

.

.

.

.

"And that's my story." the two of them are currently face to face drinking tea as they sit in a private room inside the I AM GANESHA building. August has just told Shakti about his journey all around the continent along with his god, all the way to today. He made sure to remove some details about his story, particularly about some of the parts in his fight with Goliath, all of his fight with Bete, and about his weapon being a Theïkó Óplo.

"You've been through a lot, no wonder you've gotten this strong in just a span of 9 years. It must be hard?" Shakti said softly, she moved her hand to hold August's. 

August smiled at her and said. "Well the old man did said that life is full of hardship, it will bring you down but it is up to you to stand back up." 

At those words Shakti got quite. She was pondering something in her mind. 'Looks like August really bonded with that god, still he belong here in Ganesha familia, and I promised Siegfried's grave that I would take care of his son.' 

"Is everything ok? You've been quiet for a minute now?" August words snapped Shakti out of her thoughts.

"I'm fine, just got something on my mind that's all." she answered quickly smiling at August. "I've been meaning to ask you this, what do you think about Ganesha familia?" 

"Well to be completely honest, this place feels weird for me. I mean why are you living inside your god's crotch?" August asked awkwardly.

"HAHAHA!!!" Shakti laughed hard at what August asked, it was not the answer she was expecting and it caught her off-guard. She wiped the tears in her eyes as she slowly controlled herself to stop laughing. "Not the answer I was expecting. But seriously what do you think about your father's old familia?" 

August pondered for a moment and then opened his mouth. "it's a great familia, from what I heard it's the largest familia in Orario with over 30 members, it's also the familia that has the largest collective of level 5 adventurers in the city. And everyone here speaks nothing but good things about your god and the familia."

His answer made Shakti proud. She became the captain when Rajesh died 9 years ago, she made sure that she became someone the familia can look up to just like his predecessor. With her leadership she brought the familia to new heights, and she was glad to hear that all her work was recognized by August.

"That's great!" She said happily. "So you wouldn't mind joining this familia instead?"

Those words made August stop on the spot. 'Is she recruiting me? But I already have a familia, and I'm the captain of it which she knew.' his mind was stuck on Shakti's words. "I'm sorry, are you recruiting me right now? If so then the answer is no Shakti." he answered firmly.

"Don't be impulsive August, think about it, Ganesha familia has more to offer to you than what you have right now. You said it yourself, you're frustrated since you can't move deeper into the dungeon, but if you join here you will have your resources and support to reach the deeper floors." Shakti said with all seriousness. "And this is where you belong, this is the familia where your father thrived in. With you joining you'll be continuing his legacy.." 

August knew this, he knew the benefits of joining a larger familia, he knew that he would be following his father's footsteps if he joined Ganesha. But he doesn't belong here. "As much as I appreciate the offer, I'm afraid I have to decline it. I am not my father, I have chosen my own path, and sure that path is hard and tortuous but it's the path I chose. I made my choice 9 years ago and I stand by that choice Shakti. I hope you understand." he stood up and made his way out.

Shakti didn't stop him, she just watched August's back as he walked away. 'Someday you'll understand, and you will be joining this familia.' she thought to herself. She already made the deal with Ganesha and it was final. If August loses to anyone from their familia in the tournament then he would have no other choice but to join this familia. "You just can't see it now August, but you belong here." she muttered to herself.

.

.

.

.

.

August exited the building and made his way back home, his mind was a cluttered mess. He hoped Shakti understood him but something in his mind was telling him that this wasn't over. 

"Legacy huh?" he spoke softly as he remembered what Shakti told him. Continuing his father's legacy wasn't on his mind when he got here, but now that Shakti mentioned it he couldn't help but wonder what his father did in order to gain this much respect from the likes of Finn, Riveria, Gareth, Mia, Shakti, and even the late Rajesh. 

Was he really that strong? He knew his father was level 3 when he retired and right now he was much much stronger than him in his prime. But somehow he felt like he still hasn't reached the man known as Siegfried Kaiser.

Almost every story that he heard about him spoke about how amazing he was. But at his current level how amazing can a level 3 be?

At that moment August decided that he would do some digging about his father, about why everyone sees him as this amazing figure.

And right now the only lead he has is.

"Beowulf."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

***

Chapter 36 is out, how do you guys like the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your 

preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all.

2