Dream 10- Sword Goddess
136 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the event, many have labeled Ai with the title of Sword Goddess, one simply for her mastery of the blade and two for how kind she was in giving Retsu comfort in his last moments and to Musashi for showing him her strongest move.

Word even got around that she also received the same deal as Ogre in the U.S., thus elevating her fame throughout the world extremely quickly.

"To think you would be the one to kill Musashi... I know he asked you to be his end, but still." Said Tokugawa, saddened by his passing.

"I like it as much as you do, but he requested it, and so I obliged him. He fought with everything, and it would be a dishonor to his renown to fight with anything but the best." Ai said eating her meal.

"Yes… I must admit you being from another world. It makes it somewhat believable for you to be able to do that, But… what was that exactly?"

"Magic."

"M-magic? As in stuff like fireballs and shooting lighting from your palm?"

"Well, there are two kinds of magic in my world: the natural ones you find in the air and the ones from gods. Only the elves use magic that comes from the air and no one else, as it’s very, very impractical for any use."

"Ah… I never asked you much about your world, huh?"

"I chose to leave that unknown, and it only makes me more homesick, which is why I don’t use common stuff from my world like the potion I used for Musashi and my magic."

"Then can I ask you, are you the strongest fighter in your world?"

"Me? Oh no, I'm in the top four! I’m quickly catching up to numbers 3 and 2!"

"And who is number one?"

"My husband, of course! Now I have about 192 hours left!"

"192 hours to what? Did something happen when you went to a shrine?"

"Yup! It seems something will happen in 8 days, so until then, I think I’ll just finish Shibukawa’s lessons and explore more of the world! Oh, this is my number! If anything happens, just call me! Apparently, this phone the U.S. government gave me works all around the world."

"You certainly acclimated to this world, well, Ai." He nodded.

"It's very fun! Anyway, thank you for housing me! Should you ever find yourself also spirited away to my world, then simply ask for my name in Orario!"

"Hahaha! I’ll be sure to do just that!"

 

She leaves the manor and begins her last eight days left in this world.

One of the things she did was go to Shibukawa.

"I’m here for more lessons!" she said proudly.

"Welcome, Ai-chan!" said Shibukawa. "Shall we begin!"

The lesson was extremely brutal for the other students, but for Ai, it was another day in the park as she soaked in everything Shibukawa had to offer as best she could in that one day.

"Thank you, master! Sorry, I couldn’t spend more time mastering it, but I’m on a crunch right now to see as much of the world as I can!"

"Not at all! It was a pleasure to just lightly spar with you!"

"Thank you! Bye-bye!" she quickly left, waving goodbye.

"Sensei, is she really gone?" said one of the students.

"I’m afraid so. Ha~, I wish she would stay longer; it was a joy matching against her in Aiki! She is a quick learner, and in what amounted to about 18 hours in total, she could be considered at least a 2nd-degree black belt! And there was still so much I could polish!" He was smiling ear to ear at her potential, but alas, she had other things to do.

 

While riding around looking for a place to eat, a thuggish-looking man appeared. He wore fine clothing.

"Sorry for stopping you, but the boss wishes to talk to you."

"Oh? And who is it?"

"His name is Hanayama Kaoru."

"Ah, the man in white; very well, I wanted to meet him as well!"

She followed him to a nice restaurant, and while she went in, they watched her bike.

She was walking when she saw Hanayama sitting down. His massive frame made it easy to spot him. She went and sat down at his table. The restaurant was filled with maids, a common sight in the country.

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"I simply wished to express my gratitude for giving Retsu peace in his last moments. I would have come to you earlier, but I faced Musashi and was in the hospital." Hanayama  said.

"He must have cut you well. I doubt anything short of high-quality weapons could get through your muscles. Did you already order?"

"I have."

As he said that, a maid with brown hair came by and put down two cold drinks.

"Please enjoy your order!!" she said with a happy face.

She went back to tell her friend that he was hot and admired Ai’s beauty.

"It seems you are quite popular with the ladies. Do you have anyone in your life like that?" Ai said looking at her drink.

"I do not, do you? I have heard talk that you are already a wife and mother?"

"Very informative. You should pay your information guy a bonus." Ai takes a sip of her drink. "Hmm! Delicious! Such a nice fruity drink!"

"Yes." He takes the drink mixer and eats the small ice cream. He spins the drink to mix it up. "I come here when I have time; it is nice and quiet here."

"A very good—"

"Hello, handsome!"

They look to see a small person dressed in cheetah print.

"Who are you? It’s rude to interrupt someone when they are talking, you know?" Ai said staring the person.

"My apologies. My name is—"

"I don’t give a fuck." The surrounding air drastically changed. Her eyes pierced through the small person, right down to their soul. "If you keep spewing that gas and bloodlust, I’ll fucking make sure you get even smaller than you already are. Understood?"

The person remained in place, shaking violently; their hands were shaking so hard they couldn’t even try to snap their fingers.

"I-I-I will not!!" The white of their eyes changed to black, and as they were about to snap their fingers, they found he couldn’t. "E-eh? Why can’t I—!!" They look to see their hands are gone, yet there is no blood while they are on the floor. "M-my hands!!!!" they screamed loudly.

"Quiet, or else I’ll take your voice as well; you are lucky I am only doing this with the stench of innocents on you." Ai said sheathing her blade.

"H-how!! There should be blood!!"

"Friction, I simply cut you so fast that I cauterized the wound. Now, unless you want more limbs gone, you will shut up and wait for me to bring you into law enforcement. Got it??" Ai's words were laced with fury.

During the dark era of Orario, Ai, unfortunately, understood the difference in the smell of blood depending on the person it belonged to. If they were terrified, their scent would be far more rustic and old. Soldiers in Yamato also had this scent, but there was a massive difference between a soldier being scared and a civilian being scared.

"Y-y-yes…" They sit quietly at a nearby table.

"Sorry! Shall we resume?"

"… Yes." He said it as if nothing had happened. "But would you allow them into my custody? They have been attacking my family." A hint of anger could be heard in his words.

Anger didn’t fit him at all. His greatest trait was his purity.

"That’s fine by me." She gets up and tosses the person's cut hands into her pockets. "Let’s enjoy this lovely meal!"

He nods, and the waitress puts down their food.

"Here you go!"

 

They enjoyed their meal and left the restaurant with the small person in Hanayama’s grip.

"Well, it was a nice, pleasant meal! Maybe if I come here again, we could go on a double date with our respected lovers!" She then reached into her pocket and pulled out the hands she had picked up. Her eyes glared at a building a few blocks away, releasing a vicious killing intent toward those who were looking at her. "Prying eyes are unwanted." She then flung the hands, cutting through the air and reaching the location.

Thud-Splat!!!

The hands burst upon impact.

"T-these hands!!" said a man with black hair and a mustache that connects to their sideburns.

"It seems we have stepped on the dragon's tail." said a one-armed man with glasses.

"Hoh~ an adept way of putting it."

They look to see Ai at the bathroom window.

"H-hiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!" said the man on surveillance. "W-w-were on the 8th floor!!"

"So? For me, it’s as simple as a hop and a skip away, now." Her bloodlust grew even stronger. "You have two choices: one, you will go under Hanayama’s custody; two, I will take you to the police. What’s it gonna be? Oh and by police I of course mean taken to them in a body bag."

They felt fear unlike any other. This creature before them was something that should never be angered. A god of death now loomed over them.

"P-please spare me!!" said the man who was on surveillance.

Ai looks at them and then at the two who kept their nerves as best as they could.

"You two seem to be more experienced; tell me, why did you aim for Hanayama? Is it simply because both of your groups are criminals? If so, I must say I like him far better than you lot getting innocents involved."

"W-we know nothing." said the man with sideburns.

"Then you do know something? Tell me, where is your base? You must have one with equipment like this; they aren’t cheap, so..." Her eyes grew even sharper and more intense. "Spill or I’ll throw you into space."

"W-what about our previous choices?" asked the one-armed man.

"I threw that out the window the moment I saw all this equipment. Now are you gonna tell me? I’m sure you value your own life better than anything else this world has to offer, no?"

"… F-France." He said it fearfully.

"Put it in my phone, and if it’s wrong, well, I’ll track you down and make you wish you never even gotten into this line of work." Her eyes bear down on the two induvial. "Got it???"

They both nod their heads quickly.

 

Three days later.

"Hey-o!!" Ai said she was entering the Hanayama headquarters. "I dealt with those guys who were targeting your family! I have to say, France was a beautiful place! So many castles too!"

"Y-you did?" Kizaki said.

"Yup!" she said as she sat down. "I went into their headquarters and burned it to the ground! They were pretty weird; they worshipped Yujiro as a god; they even had a strand of his hair like some holy artifact; it was really weird. France was pretty nice! Took some nice pictures!"

"Thank you," Hanayama said. "I’m sure had I not been with you that day, civilians would have gotten involved." He gets up and bows to her.

"B-boss!"

He stands back up.

"Should you ever need our help, we will come." He then removes his own pin and hands it to her.

"Oh! Thanks!" She took it. "I’ll see you around Hanayama! I still have more to see."

She left to resume more travel.

9