Dream 3- A Resolute Man
153 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finding a room and putting in some of the stuff that came with her, she went to find the bath.

"Lady Kyūjouno." Said a man in a suit. "Lord Tokugawa sent me to help you."

"Oh okay! Do you know where the bath is?"

"Yes, I will show you and bring you new clothes while I clean yours. I will also bring you an assortment of underwear for you to choose from."

"I’m sure you know my size from those quick glances. And I will clean my own clothes."

"My apologies. I simply did it to be as optimal as possible."

"That’s fine. I can’t get mad at someone doing their job, but I hope your preferences are tasteful."

He was surprised she was this kind and understanding, but he could still feel a sense of overwhelming might behind her.

"I will do my best." He nodded.

He led her to the bathroom and went to get her new clothes.

As he went to get them, he spotted Tokugawa talking to a one-eyed man.

‘Seems Doppo Orochi came… oh well.’

Nothing happened to Ai as she finished her bath, got a good meal, and went to bed.

 

The next day. Out in the manor's yard.

"Alright! Are you ready!" Ai spoke with a wooden sword.

"I am," Musashi said, with two wooden swords and a black substance on his left cheek.

Standing by was Tokugawa; he could see the air warping around Musashi but not Ai. It's not that she couldn’t, but she was simply that calm.

The moment Ai gripped her sword and put it by her waist, the surrounding air changed significantly.

"!?" Musashi could see that nine-tailed fox rear it's head at him.

'I see not a endless bounty but a great beast that can lay waste to all who point their blades at.'

He was happy to have the chance to see and meet such a sight and person.

Musashi gripped his bamboo swords, and they both slowly moved closer to one another. The air grew thicker and thicker as they came closer.

They stopped when they were within reach of their blades and simply waited.

The tension was palpable. Tokugawa felt as though he was in a movie as these two swordsmen faced one another in what most martial artists describe as time slowing down.

Then, before his eyes could even register, the sound of wood hitting rang through the air.

Clack!!!

Clack!!

Clack!

Then there was dead silence, followed by Musashi and Ai straightening their posture.

"Truly perfect is the art of Iaijutsu. It would be my greatest pride to have you under my tutelage." Musashi said it with a big smile.

"Thank you, sir!"

It was so brief, but it was what distinguished masters from novices.

"Musashi, I hope you can continue your teaching after I introduce your next fight." Tokugawa said.

"Was that today? I was so excited to face her that I forgot about that. Would you like to come as well?" Musashi said to Ai.

"I’m up for it! Is the fighter as good as Master Miyamoto?" She said this to Tokugawa.

"He is one of the best the world has to offer!"

 

Tokyo Dome.

Arriving, Ai followed them with a special coat that was long enough for her to hide her tail within the tail end of it and a hoodie with fox ears to really hide her extra features.

The lights turn on for their entry into the arena.

'This place is kinda—hm?'

Ai could smell the blood, sweat, and tears in the sand, it was a place where many people had destroyed their bodies for glory. She looked closer to see broken teeth hidden within the sand. This was a proving ground for those of the modern age to hone their martial arts against one another.

Ai looked at the fighter Musashi was going to fight—another handsome man with chiseled features, and a skin like polished bronze. His body, from what Ai saw, was one that had mastered several forms of fighting.

‘Cirrus had a similar body type, but he is even more than that! This world is full of skilled masters! But his right leg... why is it a peg leg?’

"In 3 days from now, in this place. This is where your fight will be held. The Chinese Representative, Retsu Kaiou." said Tokugawa.

Musashi continued to look up at the dazzling lights as if they were stars.

"The rules... in the underground arena of the Tokyo Dome are that the first rule is that the use of weapons is allowed!!!"

Musashi then slowly looked at Retsu.

"That’s… That must be a rule put in place, wasn’t it, mister representative, right?"

Retsu nods.

"Indeed, it was my wish!" Retsu said with such conviction that it impressed Ai a bit. "Or, more accurately, I should say I wanted our fight to be on equal footing with you."

A tense look covered Musashi’s face.

"Of course, even if you weren’t holding a sword, it would be unthinkable to presume that Miyamoto Musashi can be considered weak."

"Hmmmm…" Musashi looked at him in thought.

"But even so… You are an unrivaled swordsman. Since I am a martial artist, if I were to defeat you in a barehanded fight, it would still be meaningless."

The look on Tokugawa’s face was starting to turn.

"So you think you can beat me if it were a barehanded fight??"

"…" Retsu stops to think for a second. "I don’t know if I could win... Even with different methods, I don’t know if I can win. but—" he looked directly at Musashi. "—That is not the 'issue' here!!"

He was a simple man to understand. He simply wished to fight someone at their best. A feeling similar to Musashi himself but far more pure than his.

‘Ah… I wonder if it’s to the death?’

"To be able to 'Win against Miyamoto Musashi,' it will only be a true statement if you defeat him with a sword in his hands!!" His eyes filled with resolve. It reminded her of Bell during training, but in the eyes of a master. "There is no other meaning behind it."

His words reached Musashi, and he felt a happy one with such resolve come to face him head-on in such a direct and transparent manner.

The aura around Musashi began to change. He was excited again.

"A man from the great continent, huh?" His excitement began to come off him.

Retsu was set off by such a viscous-looking aura and went in with a back kick with his peg leg.

"HHIII!!!!!"

Musashi grabbed it as if it were child’s play.

"Ha!!!"

Retsu then jumped up and went in with a left kick.

"Mun!!!"

Musashi held the peg leg like his sword, Retsu could feel the shift happening, but lucky for him, his peg leg was—

Snap!

—Not strong enough for Musashi’s swing and snapped.

Retsu took this golden opportunity and put his whole body weight into his kick and—

THUD!!!!!!

—With a meaty kick to the cheek, Musashi’s eyes showed signs of being shaken before falling to his back and Retsu landing back on his feet in a pose, ready to go again.

"Oh~ very impressive!" Ai said, coming over to look at Musashi’s blank eyes. "Did his spirit intimidate you that much?"

"I come from a long lineage of martial arts ms…"

"Call me Ai, it’s quicker."

"Ms. Ai, when facing someone who has the energy of a true demon, which is rare, very rare, I attacked on pure instinct."

"Seems luck favored you today. Had it not been for that shoddy peg leg of yours, you would have sand in your hair."

"Vey true." He turns his back on them. "In 3 days, I will look forward to seeing you again."

Musashi smiled, still on his back as he walked away.

‘He truly is brave… a very charming man that came from the great continent.’

"Lord Tokugawa, would it be all right if I explored a bit? I remember where the home is." Ai said.

"Sure thing, but what of your training with Musashi?"

"He needs to cool off, isn’t that right?"

Musashi gets up from the sand.

"Yes, it seems today was a very exciting day."

"Fine, but try not to cause trouble."

"I won’t! See ya!" she then quickly left.

 

Will drop two chapters a day so another is gonna drop later.

9