Chapter 7: Kaito’s Side.
89 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Anyway, this novel is available on Amazon to purchase here. You can also support me on Patreon for $10 to get access to all of my content.

Chapter 7: Kaito's Side.

*Avariena’s POV*

Though I was late, it was only by ten minutes. Now I was back at school. Once again… How many more times will I have to even deal with this stupid nightmare? What crime did Kaito and I commit to have to go through this?

Once again, I met up with Kaito near Yuna’s office.

Kaito: “Avariena? What’s wrong?” Kaito asked with a worrying tone.

Avariena: “This is my fourth loop. Last time, you told me about how you’ve looped eighteen times already. In that loop, you took my handgun, and used it to kill yourself.” I say with tears rolling down my face.

I can’t remember the last time that I’ve cried like this. I didn’t plan on crying, it’s just what happened when I started to explain myself to Kaito. Kaito then gave me a hug, and rubbed my head as I cried.

*Kaito’s POV*

Ah, I am such a horrible person to make Avariena cry like this. Though I do not remember what she told me, I know that it did actually happen. Otherwise, she wouldn’t be crying like this.

Whatever happened in that loop, it must have been impossible for us to survive. I love Avariena. Though she doesn’t know this.

This all happened many loops ago. I told her that I’ve only looped eighteen times. But that was a lie. If we count the loop that Avariena remembers, I’ve looped around 685 times already.

On one school morning, Avariena approached me, and told me about how we will be trapped in a pocket dimension. I did not believe her at first, but what she said started to make sense to me the more I thought about it.

Something like this happening isn’t really that rare, so I went along with her. And it turns out that she wasn’t lying, or crazy.

Avariena ended up protecting me, and dying in that loop. I died shortly after her. I then woke up in my bed. And it was the morning before all of this happened.

She had told me about Yuna’s handgun, so the first thing that I did when I made it to school, was head to the principles office. Avariena showed up shortly after I arrived.

She felt different. Like she didn’t remember the last loop. Actually, I was sure that she didn’t. If she did, she wouldn’t have been surprised that the dimension changed.

She told what her first loop was like, and my first time that I remember in the pocket dimension, was different from it.

It was a grab bag on how long we would survive. Sometimes only a few hours, sometimes days, or even weeks. One thing was a constant. Avariena always sacrificed herself for me.

She has died for me well over 600 times… And yet, I’ve only died for her three times. It goes without saying, I love her. And many of the loops that I remember, we have fallen in love in most of them.

Avariena doesn’t remember this. She most likely barely even knows me. But to me, she is the only reason why I even bother coming back to school, and going through this nightmare.

Regardless if she doesn’t remember, I still wish to be with her. I want to want to hold her in my arms, I want to kiss her, I want to marry her. But that is something that can only be done once with figure this situation out.

Though, I am glad that my last few deaths, were me saving her. I had a terrible thought, what if she ends up going through seeing me die, a hundred times, like I have seen her die. Surely, she would fall in love with me as well, right?

Kaito: “Avariena, I’m sorry, but if we are to figure this out, you need to survive last. I have more knowledge on this situation than you do. Since I’ve died last more than you. Please, if I need to die to let you remember, I’ll do it as many times as I can.” I say while rubbing her head.

Avariena: “But…” She said with a shaky voice.

Kaito: “Please?” I plead.

Avariena: “Fine.” She said with a sad expression and tone.

While we were doing that, it seems that we spent so much time, that we were trapped in a pocket dimension once again.

This time, the school looked to be normal. That was unless you looked closely at any corner. There was a slightly invisible monster in one of the corners of Yuna’s office.

Avariena didn’t notice it, but I did. So I took the handgun out of her bag, flicked off the safety, and shot at the monster. I managed to hit its head, killing it. I worship Ruina as well, so the bullets were super effective.

All of these loops have made me really good at using firearms. Since Avariena has taught me how to use them. How she knows how to use firearms so well, I haven’t had the chance to ask.

Casual conversations don’t really happen in situations like this. I went over to the monster to make sure that it was dead. It was. I then looked to Avariena with a smile on my face.

A smile that quickly went away. As her head was being munched on by one of the monsters. I was too confident, and didn’t see it at all…

Avariena was dead once again. As such, there is no reason for me to go on with this loop any further. I shot the monster that killed her. But not it’s head. I wanted to torture this piece of shit. And I did just that.

While it was riving on the floor, with multiple bullet wounds, I loaded more ammo into my handguns mag, before reloading it. I then unloaded the entire mag, besides one bullet for me, into the monster. It was now dead. Something that brings me no joy.

I went over to Avariena body, and knelt down to touch her.

Kaito: “I was careless, I’m sorry. I’ll make sure to die first next time.” I say while holding her lifeless hand.

While still holding her hand, and with tears running down my face, I took my handgun, put it to my head, and pulled the trigger. I was once again, back in my room. And it was that same fateful day.

Sitting up in my bed, I begin to think. Should I really keep dying for her? I am not saying this like I don’t love her. I’ve only died for her a few times, and yet, she is so shaken up by it.

Maybe I should focus on trying to figure out how we survive this situation? As you would expect, watching Avariena die so many times, as well as seeing so many other people die, has greatly affected my mental health.

If her I die for her, she will remember another loop. But… I can’t just let her die…

I should come clean, no matter how many times I have to do so, it’s not fair that she doesn’t know. I will also tell her my feelings.

Today, she will think that I killed myself, so that she could survive last. Ah… this whole thing is so frustrating! Surely, there is a way out, right?…

8