Chapter 10: Lost
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bloodhound cackled with delight as he dragged Lillian by her blond hair, relishing in his victory. Valentina watched in horror, tears streaming down her face, as Bloodhound dragged her mother across the rough ground.

Suddenly, Valentina spotted a small rock at her feet. She quickly picked it up and flung it at Bloodhound. The rock hit him squarely in the eye, causing him to bellow in pain and momentarily lose his grip on Lillian.

As Bloodhound staggered towards Valentina, intending to intimidate her, Lillian stirred. She felt a rush of adrenaline and fury, and summoned all the energy she had left into a single attack.

With a fierce cry, Lillian thrust her hands forward and sent a shard of earthen energy flying towards Bloodhound. The shard pierced through his gut, causing him to scream in agony and fall to the ground.

Lillian collapsed, utterly drained, her body wracked with pain.

Valentina ran over to them, tears streaming down her face, and threw her arms around her mother's neck. "Mommy, are you okay?" she sobbed.

Lillian smiled weakly at her daughter. "I'm fine, sweetheart," she whispered. "Just a little tired."

The room was silent for a few moments as Valentina watched in horror at the scene before her. Bloodhound lay on the ground, writhing in pain, while Lillian and Aurelian lay motionless beside him.

Valentina quickly ran over to her siblings, tears streaming down her face. She checked their pulses and thankfully, they were both alive, but just barely. She looked over at Bloodhound and saw that he was also barely conscious. Furious at him for hurting her mother and brother , she poked both of his eyes with rocks. Bloodhound wreathed in pain as blood gushed out of both of his eyes. Eventually the pain became too much and he fainted.

Valentina cries and tries to wake her mother up, but to her avail, she does not wake up. Theodore is curled up next to his mother, whimpering softly. The whole house is in shambles after the battle with Bloodhound. Amidst the chaos, a woman shows up. She knows this family well, and she despises them, especially that four-armed child. For years she has waited for this day.

Quickly, she picks up Aurelian, but it feels like he is too heavy for her to lift on her own. So, she drags him all the way to her own house.

Meanwhile, Nathanielle’ s friend, Samantha, receives news of the attack and rushes to the house. She finds the children crying and the house in disarray. Samantha tries to comfort Valentina and Theodore as best she can, but it is clear they need a place to stay for the time being.

Samantha takes the children and Lillian to her own home and makes them comfortable, giving them food and drink. Valentina and Theodore are still shaken up, but they start to feel safe under Samantha's care.

Lillian groaned as she tried to sit up, wincing in pain. Her head was throbbing and her body felt sore all over. She looked around, trying to get her bearings, but everything was unfamiliar to her. She felt a sense of unease settle in her chest as she realized she was in a stranger's house.

Lillian slowly opened her eyes, feeling a dull ache all over her body. She tried to move but found herself immobilized by bandages and splints. Panic set in as she looked around, realizing she was in an unfamiliar room.

Just then, Samantha entered, carrying a glass of water. "Oh, thank god, you're awake," Samantha said, placing the glass on the bedside table. "How are you feeling?"

Lillian tried to sit up but was stopped by Samantha. "Don't move too much, you've been through a lot," she said.

Lillian looked at Samantha, trying to recall who she was. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Samantha, I'm Nathanielle’ s friend. We have met a few times," Samantha said, a hint of concern in her voice. "Do you remember what happened?"

Lillian shook her head, still feeling groggy. "No, I don't. Where are my children?" she asked.

"They're safe with me. Valentina and Theodore are playing in the next room," Samantha said, gesturing towards the door.

Lillian breathed a sigh of relief and closed her eyes for a moment. When she opened them again, her expression turned serious. "Where is Aurelian?" she asked.

Samantha hesitated for a moment before responding. "I'm sorry, Lillian. We do not know where he is. We looked everywhere but he is nowhere to be found," she said, looking down at the floor.

"What do you mean he's missing?!" Lillian exclaimed, trying to sit up again.

Samantha placed a hand on Lillian's shoulder. "Please, Lillian, calm down. We are doing everything we can to find him," she said, trying to soothe her.

Lillian lay back down, feeling helpless and frustrated. "Who could have done this?" she muttered.

"We don't know yet, but the village head and some of the other villagers are looking into it," Samantha said.

Lillian closed her eyes and tried to process everything that had happened. Her mind raced with thoughts of Bloodhound and the possibility that he had taken Aurelian.

Suddenly, Valentina and Theodore burst into the room, giggling, and playing with each other. Lillian smiled weakly, glad to see them safe.

"Mommy!" Valentina exclaimed, running towards her, and giving her a tight hug.

Theodore followed suit and Lillian hugged them both tightly, feeling grateful for their safety.

Samantha watched them, a small smile on her face. "You know, I can take care of them for a while if you need some time to rest and recover," she offered.

Lillian looked at her, touched by her kindness. "Thank you, Samantha. I appreciate it," she said, feeling a sense of relief at the offer.

As the children continued to play, Lillian lay back down, feeling the exhaustion wash over her. She knew that the road ahead was going to be long and difficult, but she was determined to find Aurelian no matter what.

On the other side …

Aurelian finds himself in a cart, at first feeling a lot of pain in his body. But then his attention shifts to the cloth that was wrapped over his mother, or the steel shackles that restricted his movements. He seemed as if he was inside a carriage which was moving, by his side were some unknown people and a woman that he didn't recognize.

"Where am I? Who are you people?" Aurelian asked, his voice groggy from the pain and confusion.

"You don't remember me, little one?" the woman asked, a hint of amusement in her voice. "Well, that's not surprising. After all, you were just a baby the last time we met."

Aurelian furrowed his brow, trying to remember. "What are you talking about? Who are you?"

"I am Sable, and let's just say that I have a bit of a score to settle with your family," Sable said, a wicked grin spreading across her face.

Aurelian tried to struggle against the shackles, but they were too tight. Fear and confusion began to set in as he realized he was completely at the mercy of his captors.

Aurelian tried to struggle against the shackles, but they were too tight. Fear and confusion began to set in as he realized he was completely at the mercy of his captors. Suddenly, the carriage jolted to a stop and Aurelian fell to the ground. Before he could even attempt to run away, four armed men approached him, their swords gleaming in the sunlight.

One of the men crouched down beside Aurelian and said, "Don't even try to escape, little boy. You're coming with us."

Aurelian tried to scream for help, but a strong hand covered his mouth, muffling his cries. He could feel his heart racing in his chest as he looked up at the man holding him down. It was then that he noticed the woman who had been in the carriage with him, standing off to the side with a satisfied smirk on her face.

"Good job, boys," she said. "Now let's get going before anyone notices."

Aurelian's eyes widened in terror as he realized that he was being kidnapped. "Who are you? Why are you doing this?" he managed to ask through the hand covering his mouth.

The woman just laughed. "You'll find out soon enough, little one. But for now, just be quiet and come with us."

Aurelian could do nothing but obey as they hoisted him back into the carriage and continued on their way. As the scenery passed by outside, Aurelian's mind raced with questions and fear. What did they want with him? Would he ever see his family again? He could only hope that someone would come to his rescue soon.


Prologue Over

Please comment out which was the worst chapter up until now. Do tell what you found annoying ? Thank you for reading this far.

0