01
713 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter One

 

H  U  M  B  L  E     B  E  G  I  N  N  I  N  G  S 

 

A blink.

Vertigo. 

Hard, heavy, world breaking vertigo

Adam tried to take a step to steady himself then the slap came. The hand was heavy, and carried behind it the weight of a fully grown man. His lip split on impact. He fell to the side and right into a bookshelf. 

Bookshelf?

“Lock him away.”

The steps clicked harshly against the tiled flooring as they stepped back and away. 

A ringing noise filled the air.

“Lock him away. I don’t even want a whisper of that boy in this castle until I say so, do I make myself clear?”

Adam could only stare at the ground drooling. The man had knocked him stupid

Disgusting.”

Adam looked up. 

The man was blond, and clearly white. Tall, thin, dressed weird. He was pretty and lean and had the most disgusted look on his face. 

Adam stared. 

The last time he saw a look that harsh and definite was when his mother told him to fuck off one hot and muggy tuesday night. 

A man in a uniform stepped forward. 

“Take him.”

The world swam as Adam was manhandled, quite literally, out of the room and across what felt like a damn amusement park. 

There wasn’t a single thing Adam could recognize. 

Not the people, clothes, or the architecture. Even the sun felt off as it hit him from its perch in the sky. 

He was flabbergasted. 

Unable to keep his head up Adam let it bobble down as he watched the dirt, grass, and stone pass beneath his dragging feet. 

The back of his neck burned.

A building.

There was no break in their steps as they kept dragging him forward through the doors, down the abnormally long staircase, and right into a room at what he suspected to be the bottom floor. 

Not a single word was spoken as they threw him face first into the dirt covered ground. Only the click of the lock told Adam they were gone.

Cunts. 

Adam was furious. Or he was trying to be. He wasn’t feeling all that well actually.

A few seconds later Adam vomited. 

It was a mess. 

“Fuck me.”

Adam stopped. 

“What the fuck.”

Again Adam paused.

His voice was wrong.

Groaning Adam struggled to turn away from the mess he created and to his other side. He felt like he was going to pass out. 

“Come on Adam, think.”

He could not think. 

Again vertigo attacked him, only this time he puked until there was nothing left. 

Adam seethed.

He was a professional fighter. He had just signed a contract. There was absolutely no fucking way someone could do this to him.

Then what the fuck is happening?!

Silence.

.

.

The ringing began to hum.

18