77
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Seventy Seven

R U N A W A Y : THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

 

The place was very ornate.

The architecture was gothic inspired, with thin, long pillars and embellishments throughout the entire room. Most, if not all, of the coloring was black, silver, and hints of gold. Anything with color popped.

Horus teleported them to Seth’s office.

“..”

HATRED.

Osiris smile was back.

His teeth shone in the light.

“Hi~”

He waved his fingers at very familiar men.

He could see the hair rise on the backs of their necks. Each one dropped their ego-

Seth got big mad.

Osiris was the only one standing after it dropped. The air was completely washed in white and black weight lines.

“Stop, you’ve violated the la- I mean, really, this is going to happen every time.” He patted his shoulder. “Do I look bothered?”

Seth slowly dragged his eyes from his men to him. It took a minute, but he dropped it eventually.

Osiris glanced back at the men and they were struck in horror and confusion. Osiris popped to the side of Seth and did a side v with his hands.

“Ta-da! He’s alive.”

“…..”

 

Osiris sat on the cold window ledge in Seth’s office while he got caught up on something. Osiris really didn’t care about it.

He wasn’t going to be King for a reason.

*reasons.

He would rather.. actually.. what was he going to do after he flattens Lux..

“..”

Osiris lost himself to his daydreams of torture and mayhem.

 

Horus would be worried for their country’s secrets if he didn’t know Osiris that well. He could see his mind wondering about murder again.

Masika came not a moment after dad’s ego let up.

She was about to attack Osiris, but Horus kept her in place with a painful grip.

They would talk later.

It took an entire day to get everyone on the same page. It was a hard pill for them to swallow.

Seth sighed as he sat back.

He glanced and Osiris was still there, reading something this time. All day he minded no one. Not the stares, not the boring speeches, nothing.

Instead, despite his warnings to his men, he walked and did whatever he wanted while they glared at him.

He really didn’t mind..

Seth was wrong, again, about him.

“…..”

He must have felt his stare because he sat up and yawned.

“Done?”

His hands stretched above his head.

His shirt rode up. He had an excellent waistline.

“Yes.”

He got up before scratching his cheek shyly.

Fire rolled across his stomach.

“Sooo, where am I sleeping tonight?”

With me.

Seth startled himself.

“Where would you like to sleep?”

 

Damn bastard.

He was supposed to lead him to a guest room not ask him.

With you.

“..”

“Does your room have a couch-”

“Yes.”

Osiris laughed.

What a weirdo.

He rubbed the bottom of his nose.

“Let’s go, I’m curious how it looks.”

 

Seth started a walk and Osiris followed with his hands behind his back and a slight forward lean.

Seth wanted to-

“It’s not much.”

“My room was always destroyed after assassins ransacked it. It’s annoying, if I’m honest.”

“Who was it?”

He snickered.

“Who wasn’t it.”

Wasn’t he the least likely to attain the title since that prince was crowned?

They walked in silence the rest of the way. Osiris would, occasionally, hum a few random notes, like a trill.

He spends a lot of time in his head.

He was no better.

“We’re here.”

 

It was a room.

The bed was double in size, and bigger than anything he’s ever owned.

The frame was beautifully carved with intricate swirls and vines. There was a candle like chandelier made of oak found from the woods just outside.

He had a three panel window set that led to open skies and raging seas. Below, on the ground, was a garden and more paths leading to elsewhere.

He looked at the bed. He wanted to jump on it.

Osiris began to trail his finger along the dresser to his left. The room felt modest in size when he compared it to his father’s. It felt warm.

He could see the knobs worn from wear, corners a bit dulled. He could even see a tiny trail of where he seems to usually pace.

It felt lived in..

He suddenly felt envious.

Osiris moved on.

In front of him a tiny couch area for tea sat. The couch looked like a terrible bed, but he remembers sleeping on a wooden box with a two inch foam mattress once. He nana was very poor.

Too bad they disowned him after he turned out gay.

“Shit!”

Osiris bit his nail.

Seth doesn’t know he’s gay.

He’s fucked if the man finds out later and-

Would Horus have told him?

“..”

Right, he’s not in the closet at all.

He wiped his eyebrow of fake sweat.

“I’m an idiot sometimes.”

Of course he knows.

“..”

Osiris squinted at him over his shoulder.

He seems fine with it.. different cultures maybe?

 

Seth made a mistake.

He should have led him to a guest room.

Osiris snored on that shitty couch his wife picked out ages ago. Seth felt himself rack with shivers.

Fuck.

He was right there.

Maybe sleeping in different rooms would have been for the best.

“…..”

But he feels so good about this.

Masika and Horus could do nothing but watch them.

They barely separated from one another like they were lovers. It was disgusting.

How DARE he mock their mother this way.

Masika could give two fat ass cheeks if that boy liked dick. That room was for their mother and father.

“Are you sure they haven’t mated yet?”

Horus looked at her.

“Osiris told me himself.”

 

Well not in quite those words.

Horus got him alone one day and asked him point blank if they were fucking. He gave him a crazy look, then looked around like someone was recording him.

Why would you think that? He’s straight. I mean, I like to watch, if that’s-”

 

“I’m sure of it.”

That guy would gloat if that were the case.

“Do you think dad’s just…..”

“Osiris is good at finding dirt on people.”

He hated that he was lying.

Horus was told that if you don’t mate with a partner, it hurts less when they leave or die.

“…..”

They weren’t going to kill him, it wasn’t possible.

And they weren’t stupid enough to try and do it with their dad right there.

“Just tell him dad is too nice to tell him himself.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

He had to.

 

Seth left him in the herb garden today.

“Are those jalapeños?!!!”

He ripped one off and bit into it.

It was.

He coughed but kept eating it.

I’m in love.

When Seth isn’t around a lot more people become openly hostile to him.

It feels like home.

Osiris’s grin started to drop.

Home huh.

Who was he kidding.

Seth has given him the potions, even showed him his lab of all places.

“..”

He broke a lot of things that day.

“It’s painful spicy..”

His mouth aches in the best way.

He’s been here a month.

Surprising, I know.

He still sleeps on that shitty couch feeling like his world is right. Even back home he dreamed of this. Don’t get him wrong, he loves to fight. He would die if he was ever denied it by losing his limbs, or his body.

It was just who he was.

Good or bad, he would kill to keep his condition at peak health.

But he also wanted to go home and sleep with someone he loves..

Yeah, he wants to fuck. Oh GOD does he want t-

But he also wants to sleep with them and, maybe, one day, be held, and sometimes, hold them back. Osiris shivered.

Seth’s touch is the first he didn’t hat-

 

“What are you doing here.”

 

Ah, the little spit viper.

She had that hot head her father has, only with no regulation. She was actually a sweetheart, when you weren’t her enemy.

“Masika, sup?”

He turned and stood. He had to look down a bit, but she stayed her distance.

Smart, I’d do it too.

He was allowed to fight back if ever attacked.

He was jumped a few times, but he knocked them out and left them sleeping against a wall. He knew he deserved a few of them.

He made sure Seth left them at their posts.

It really was just puddles splashing into an ocean.

“Why are you still here.”

Wouldn’t we all like to-

“My father is too nice to tell you this but-” He felt a heart jump to his throat as the other plummeted into his stomach. “-you’re just a bother. He’s given you everything you wanted and you're still here? Hasn’t it been long enough?”

“..”

She has a silver tongue..

 

Masika was shaking in her pants.

Her brother said he wouldn’t attack her if she was alone, and all she had to do was-

“-Hasn’t it been long enough?”

She watched his face start to change. She watched the light in his eyes nearly disappear as his face slowly fell, but his smile, somehow, stayed in place.

“R-Right, I probably am a bother.”

He rubbed the back of his head and broke eye contact.

He looked hurt.

But brother said-

“Tell him I said thank you for me, yeah?”

His eyes closed and his lip line was crooked.

“W-wait I didn’t-”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But he was gone.

1