Fighting Arena
400 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So when Cara came and helped you out you didn't see Ricard again?" Fourth Elder questioned as he listened to James' story and when James nodded his head there was a sigh from Fourth Elder.

"Well, let me start by apologizing. Sorry for the way I acted when I first entered, it was unbecoming. The reason I've been asking you this is Ricard is my first Disciple. I trained him since he was young and cherish him dearly but they found him dead in an alley this morning." Fourth Elder said dropping a bomb on James.

"D-dead?! How is that possible? From what I've seen Ricard should have been pretty powerful and considering the fact you're backing him he should have no reason to have been killed." James reasoned as he ran many scenarios in his mind trying to understand why this situation would happen.

"That's also what we were trying to figure out today by backtracking his last location. Considering your strength and the fact you left with Cara should prove both your innocence. For now, we will leave, thank you for your time." Fourth Elder said as he directed his other disciples to get up and they left James' house.

'He actually died? I guess that's what karma will do to people.' James thought to himself not really caring for the death in the least.

Ricard had treated him rudely and James even heard from others as he was passing by that he treated some people even worse than himself so he couldn't really feel bad for the person.

The only thing that surprised James was the fact that someone could overwhelm Ricard with power and even kill him without anyone figuring it out. It was a kind of strength that James could only strive for.

Now that Fourth Elder was gone James began making his way toward the training area for the Outer Disciples.

It wasn't nearly as far as he thought considering it only took him a few minutes while walking.

When he arrived there, there were many fights going on in arenas seemingly being refereed by higher-level disciples to keep it from getting too rowdy. In addition, there were some test dummies in the back area for people to practice their normal sword skills.

When James was looking at the people fighting in the arena he realized that there was no reason for him to go in there first but to instead sit outside the ring to watch how the people fought.

James wasn't the only one in this endeavor as many people watched the fights trying to get some knowledge from some of the stronger disciples.

"Whatcha doing?" A voice suddenly asked right behind James' ear while he was engrossed in the fighting.

"H-huh?!" James shouted as he spun around quickly to meet the white eyes of someone he met the day before.

"Cara, what are you doing here?" James asked in confusion.

"I went over to your house this morning to check on you but I saw you heading this way so I followed to see what was happening. I didn't expect you to go to a place like this." Cara said as she twirled her long hair.

"It's Elder Sister Cara!"

"Princess Cara please notice me!"

"Hey Elder Sister Cara!"

Now that James was no longer focused on the fight in front of him he realized that the commotion of a Sworn Sword Disciple was really not something small.

"Yeah, I've never fought with a sword before so I thought I would come to check it out and learn." James admitted as he pointed to the ring of people who were now staring at Cara.

"Learning to fight? So you've never trained before?! That's more than a little surprising, do you want me to help?" Cara offered as she ignored the gazes and calls from people around her.

When James was offered such a great chance to learn from someone of such high standing there was no way he could refuse, "If you don't mind then that would be amazing." James said with a smile deciding to trust Cara some more.

When James agreed in his mind more black Qi seeped out of him and went inside Cara's dantian speeding up the contamination process and turning now more than a quarter of her dantian black.

Cara seemed taken back for a moment by his response before smiling, "O-of course. I'll head in the ring and you just watch for some pointers." Cara said before she walked into the fighting ring where the two people were.

When she entered both the people didn't take their gaze off of the beautiful woman and just stared in shock, "Both of you come at me." Cara said as she suddenly pulled out a long icy sword. The sword was a few inches taller than her entire body and clearly had a cold chill radiating off of it.

The two people in the arena questioned her at first but after some coaxing, they both pulled their swords out and got ready to fight.

Immediately, the two of them rushed Cara with each going one side trying to block her route of escape. As they did this, many people were confused about what Cara was doing but it wasn't until the two people swung their swords that the crowd finally understood.

One of them swung for her legs while the other swung for her hip making her jump in the air as she spun and kicked one of them in the head sending them flying off the arena with her power. After that Cara stood back up and sliced her sword toward the person as they blocked it.

When the person blocked it there was a sudden rise in Qi from Cara. The sudden rise shot from out of her body and poured into the sword which quickly made ice spread from her sword to the other person's completely freezing it before it exploded.

"Who's next?" Cara said flicking her hair as she rested her sword on her shoulder.

"Oh wow. That's impressive." James said in awe as he had never seen anything so impressive before.

*BADUMP BADUMP*

19