Pierce The Veil
359 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"HAAAAA!" James shouted as he felt a new wave of strength rush through him. The new power he felt was not even comparable to the strength he had before. Despite just breaking through and not consolidating his realm James still felt a lot more powerful and what he didn't know was that by drawing on his newfound strength he was allowing the black Qi to close and fix the cracks in his dantian.

'Too much!' Cara thought to herself as she suddenly felt James' strength increase. She knew that if she kept things as they were going then she was going to lose this match just due to the realm difference. In response, Cara finally decided to suddenly increase her rank to Second Stage Elementary Realm.

When this happened Cara quickly overpowered James letting the flat side of the sword hit his face shooting him across the ring and onto the ground unconscious. The reasoning behind this was the fact that Cara had already consolidated her realm making her many times stronger at the realm while also having a much more toned and trained body adding even more strength.

However, despite winning, Cara immediately became nervous when she saw James on the ground with a bloody face.

"James! Are you alright?!" Cara said nervously as she began running over to James' body sitting beside him and checking his pulse. Cara inwardly knew that such a hit would never kill him but nothing would soothe her fast-racing heart until she knew for certain.

*BADUMP*

Cara finally heard a heartbeat making her sigh in relief before she saw multiple pairs of feet in her peripheral vision. When she looked up she was surprised to see the faces of two people she recognized and one she did not, "Patriarch! First Elder! What are you doing here?" Cara asked in confusion as she still stayed on the ground beside James unconsciously.

Both Patriarch Colton and First Elder raised their eyebrows when Cara stayed beside James instead of rising to greet her elders. Many times before she had greeted them no matter the situation but for some reason, she didn't this time.

"I could ask you the same thing, Cara. What are you doing here?" Patriarch Colton asked in confusion as he asked the rest of the disciples to disperse from the area.

When Cara was given a question like this she glanced at James for a second before replying, "I was giving James some pointers on how to fight. He told me that he had never used a sword before so I thought he would learn faster by watching me." Cara explained to the two.

"Oh really? So watching included a one-on-one match with you?" First Elder asked with concern as he stared at James wondering if Cara was just bullying him and if he needed to intervene. First Elder may not have spent a lot of time with James but he had a positive impression of him and would not stand by if he were to be bullied so openly.

When Cara heard this she immediately became guilty, "No of course not! He came in here himself and said it would make him learn faster if he fought me. I started off super easy and barely was fighting him but as time went on he got better and better before I seriously had to defend myself." Cara explained much to the shock of all three people present.

All of them had higher cultivation than Cara allowing them to see the huge difference in strength between Cara and James. The third person in the group was unconvinced but the First Elder and Patriarch were convinced since they knew Cara had never lied to their face.

"I see. Well if he can improve that quickly it seems like we will have a great new pupil in the sect." Patriarch Colton said smiling happily that if anyone was to have good talent that it would be James.

The third person in the group however was someone that had not met Cara before and did not know whether she was lying or not, "Just to be sure why don't I wake him up and see what he says." The person said making Cara look up at them for the first time.

What she saw made her jaw drop.

When it came to good looks Cara knew that she was on the higher end of things, especially with her pure white eyes and voluptuous body. However, the woman in front of her oozed a different kind of attraction. The woman oozed mature elegance as she had a veil over her face and dark blue hair.

She had the body of a sexy mature woman with curves that would make anyone fall over in lust. In addition, with the veil covering her face, there was no telling what kind of beautiful fairy sat under there.

"Sure, I trust Cara but if you insist then go ahead." Patriarch Colton said respectfully as the woman got closer to James. Cara was shocked that someone like Patriarch Colton would sound so respectful to this woman. That could only mean that she was a lady of high status that transcended even the entire sect.

However, when Cara saw the lady's hands inch closer and closer to James' body she suddenly laid her hands over him in protection.

"What are you doing?" The woman asked in confusion when she saw the way Cara was acting.

"Don't put your hands on him. Tell me what I need to do and I will do it myself." Cara said distrustfully as she felt she needed to defend James from this strange woman.

"Cara back away from him right now." First Elder said speaking up for the first time with a stern voice. When he said this he oozed out some of his aura letting it sink onto Cara who could barely stand such strength.

Cara was strong in her own right but when First Elder was going all out with his aura there was little Cara could do until she got a little bit stronger.

19