Don’t Ignore Me!
111 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was clear by how serious Cara spoke that they truly didn't care about Fifth Elder who currently had a sword at his throat. He was still knocked out so he didn't know the peril of his situation but Cara and Noel refused to back down much to the surprise and displeasure of all those present.

Patriarch Colton wanted them to stand down because the life of an elder meant a lot more to him than catching Fourth Elder. He thought they were doing it because they might still be able to catch him but little did he know they were only doing it because a certain someone had asked them to.

All of the people wearing a mask were surprised by this development as they had been told that everyone in this sect treated each other like family and would quickly fall under pressure when put in a situation such as this.

"YOU THINK WE WON'T DO IT?! I'M WARNING YOU!" Blue Mask yelled at Noel and Cara but they just smiled at him. Angered by their reaction Blue Mask walked over to Fourth Elder and place his sword against Fifth Elder's neck as well drawing blood and quickly putting more pressure.

"NO STOP-" Right as Blue Mask was going to continue Patriarch Colton finally made his presence more known by shouting and catching the attention of all those present.

"I'm sure you guys would rather take me hostage right? How about I swap with him and you take me?" Patriarch Colton asked.

"NO WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

"NO!" All those present began telling the Patriarch how bad the idea was considering the difference in their position from Patriarch and Elder but he didn't want to listen at all.

"Hmm that's not a bad idea but you have to hand over your sword first." Blue Mask said loudly as he still stared at Cara and Noel. He had stopped the pushing of his blade on Fifth Elder's throat which made everyone relieved but still worried about what was about to happen.

Patriarch Colton seemed to be apprehensive about this but the second Blue Mask began pushing the sword deeper once more Patriarch Colton took out his own golden sword throwing it toward Blue Mask who held his hand out to catch it.

However, almost immediately Blue Mask and the others became confused about the trajectory of the sword. Patriarch Colton was by all means a strong person so why would his throw miss so much to go behind them?

"BEHIND YOU!" Red Mask suddenly shouted as he was the first one to turn around and look at the scene.

*SLICE*

No matter how soon Red Mask would have shouted James was already in position long before any of them had realized. He now had Patriarch Colton's sword which was currently impaled inside the Fourth Elder's heart while his own sword was in the heart of Blue Mask.

The entire time James knew he was the weakest of the people there even being ignored by the masked people. It seemed that they had learned only to sense those at a certain level while James made Noel and Cara override their senses just to be sure.

James had slowly been sneaking around them the entire time and finally found the chance to ambush them when everyone took their attention toward Patriarch Colton. It seems he had known exactly where James was this entire time and drew attention at the exact moment.

It was either that or he got really lucky when Blue Mask made a move on Fifth Elder.

"W-w-where did this brat come from?" The Blue Masked man sputtered as red began flowing out from under his mask before he fell forward onto the ground. Soon after Fourth Elder followed suit falling to the ground in a puddle of his own blood silently accepting his fate.

Yellow and Red Mask were so shocked by the situation that they didn't see the other two groups of people coming from both sides. Before they knew it they both had swords at their neck from Cara, Noel, and the Matriarch.

"Throw your stuff on the ground before I kill you." Matriarch Hannah said before both men dropped their things in fright. While they may both be older men it didn't mean they weren't afraid of death.

"I knew you were going to pull it off my love~" Noel said seductively after Patriarch Colton retrieved his sword and knocked out both masked men. She had genuinely been surprised when James whispered the plan in her ear but to her that only meant there were many more surprises to be had and that excited her.

"Hey bitch. That's my man." Cara said flatly as she pushed Noel out of the way and walked toward James with a smile on her face. She had also been impressed by the plan he came up with but to her that meant she needed to work harder if she wanted to keep up with him over time despite their huge difference in power.

James smiled as the two argued finally getting to take a breath. First Elder also took a knee for the first time visibly tired from all the fighting and having to go on for so long. Third Elder was also on the ground tending to his missing arm while Patriarch Colton got ready to transport the masked men.

"Before we go we should check what's under the mask right?" James asked Patriarch Colton as the situation began getting more controlled gesturing toward the dead body of Blue Mask on the ground. He seemed to be a very powerful person and the only reason James had been able to kill him was due to the sword he got from Patriarch Colton.

"Yes, go ahead and lift it." Patriarch Colton agreed as everyone's attention suddenly went to James as he removed the mask revealing the face of an older man about the same age as the other elders with a clear scar going down the middle of his left eye.

"How can this be?! This can't be right!" First Elder suddenly shouted in shock causing James to look at the others who also seemed to have shocked faces except for Noel who was also confused.

5