Training Arc
156 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Cara and Noel had originally mentioned that his new training regime was going to be hard he had assumed that by the end of the day, he would be covered in sweat and extremely tired.

However, his expectations were completely shattered from day one. The first thing they had him due was run until he passed out in the heat. They were gauging his stamina and ability to run at a fast pace for long periods of time.

They also did similar things with different aspects such as his strength making him swing against a dummy hundreds and hundreds of times. This was by no means a way to increase his skill but to instead increase his base ability.

From what James was told being able to have a strong body and organs was a fundamental part of having a strong foundation for Qi and other fighting. If one was not strong in their stamina then they would get tired during a fight and die. In addition, if someone's body was not already strong then the enhancement of the person's Qi would not be as strong as someone with a built body.

During these initial stages, James would pass out at least once a day and wake up back in his room where one of the girls would be staring at him waiting on him to wake up. Sometimes this ended with the two kissing and having some more "personal" time but sometimes this just ended with more training.

Overall James' body slowly started getting stronger and the bonds between the three companions only got stronger and stronger. By this time Patriarch Colton had already announced that James was going to be the person representing the Inner Court Disciples for the sect-wide tournament.

The reaction of the Disciples was not a very positive one at first which was understandable considering that James had just become an Inner Court Disciples. Many of the people that had been working their asses off for years in the inner court were rightfully angry with this decision and tried to challenge James to a duel.

Normally something like this he would ignore or Noel and Cara would take care of it but this time it was different. When Noel and Cara heard about these challenges they thought it was a great idea for him to get some more practical experience with his new strength.

Since they suggested it of course James obliged and accepted any duel request that was given to him by someone in the inner court. At first, he struggled quite a bit against some of the people getting a decent amount of cuts and bruises in some of them.

James realized that he was lucky the past few times he had fought since he had Noel or Cara with him at those times. The only time he truly did something by himself he had gotten the jump on the person which was not the case during duels.

In a one-on-one situation, James was forced to learn how to think on the fly and defend himself. He had never really been on the receiving end of attacks so this was something he struggled with at first even getting stabbed in his leg during the first match.

However, soon after he learned about the issue he began correcting the problem by spending a good amount of time with Noel and Cara practicing his swordsmanship. The level of these two was nothing to scoff at making his skills reach a new level quickly which was proven by how he began destroying any challenge given to him in a domineering fashion.

His skill got to the point that the Inner Disciples no longer questioned why he was going to be the one to represent them but instead fully accepted it. Many of them had accepted him not just due to the fact he destroyed everyone in duels but they had also been watching him train.

Noel and Cara were by no means going easy on him during his training. They both found that their love for him was shown by how unwilling they were to go easy on him. They expected a lot out of him and expected him to change the world so they wanted to see him go through with his full potential and the way to do that was to train him to the best of their abilities.

Some of the disciples even got tired of watching him since he often had some of his practices in the public disciple training area. Things like slicing at the attack dummy for 8 hours were performed there where at first he only lasted 2 hours but now he could go on for the full eight albeit barely.

With all of this fighting and training, one thing that had stayed constant during this was the fact that Noel and Cara had forbade him from using his artifacts or his sword at any point. They had given him a normal sword made out of a strong metal so it was durable but also didn't have the amazing abilities with Qi such as his own.

This allowed him to progress without the use of anything like that or make it to where he will only rely on such a thing during real life or death fight. Noel and Cara were of the mind that if someone were to rely on something too much and not have their foundation down then they would never really go anywhere.

This was helpful for James but at the same time, he still needed to cultivate and practice his control of Qi so at night they would spend a few hours letting him cultivate while also circling the black Qi around his body.

He was slowly but surely figuring out how to properly control his Qi while also increasing his Qi strength. From what he had been told the stage he was currently at was where he would choose the Dao he was going to follow. This was important for a cultivator's life since this was something they would always have to follow in some form on their journey to get stronger.

7