Chapter 1: Reincarnation.
423 9 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Reincarnation.

 

In a wooded house, a woman lies on her bed and tries to give birth.

 

"UWAAAAHHHH." After a while, the baby's cries could be heard in the room.

 

"It's a boy." The midwife holds a small baby wrapped in a cloth.

 

"How is my son?" The woman speaks weakly.

 

"Your son is fine." The midwife brings the baby next to the woman.

 

"Have you thought of the name yet?"

 

"Levi."

 

Time passed, and Levi was already 12 years old. The village where he lives is far from the city. He lives with his mother, while his father is a traveling merchant whom he sees several times a year.

 

"Be careful and do not drown in the river again!"

 

"Yes." Levi's body has an old injury from an accident and bruises. He's no different than any other kid. It's just that he's unlucky compared to the others, which causes him to get hurt. An outsider who knows nothing about him. Will thinks that he was bullied by the villagers.

 

He was already used to that. But his mother is always worried about him getting hurt.

 

While Levi pedals in the water. A big shadow moves through the river. The last scene Levi saw before he died was a huge mouth with many teeth.

 

"Ahhhhh!" The children who were nearby screamed.

 

"Help!" Some of the children ran toward the village.

 

"What happened?"

 

"The crocodile dragged Levi into the river!"

 

-

 

"Where am I?" When Levi regains consciousness, he sees a chaotic space. Various stars, lights, and elements float and merge.

 

He is naked in this unknown place.

 

["A monotone voice sounds: "Hello, welcome."]

 

"Who are you, and where am I?" Levi looks around, but he does not see anyone. He is not frightened, but curious about the voice. Compared to other children, he is more mature and cautious because he has had bad luck.

 

The voice ignored the question, and Levi's body began to disappear.

 

"Wait, what is reincarnation?"

 

["Goodbye."]

 

-

 

"UWAAAAHHHH." Levi opens his eyes, and the first thing he sees is the face of a middle-aged woman. His first reaction is to cry.

 

"It's a boy." The middle-aged woman is holding a small baby wrapped in a cloth.

 

"How is my son?" The woman speaks weakly.

 

Before the middle-aged woman can answer. The door flew open, and a fat man entered the room. "How are my wife and child?" The fat man's face is full of sweat.

 

"Your wife and son are fine." The midwife shows the fat man the baby.

 

"Have you thought of the name yet?" The fat man's wife spoke.

 

"Levi." The fat man smiled as he looked at his son.

 

After everything calms down, the middle-aged woman puts him in a baby crate. Levi realizes what has happened. He has turned into a baby. "Did I die or is this a dream?" After thinking for a long time without finding an answer, he falls asleep.

 

Twenty years later, Levi lives with his parents in a small medieval town. Levi lives a mostly peaceful life, but he almost dies several times. Tomorrow he will go to the city to work.

 

He has already forgotten the dream he had as a baby about past lives and reincarnation. After turning off the oil lamp, Levi falls asleep.

 

In the morning, after saying goodbye to his parents. A horse caravan is on its way to the city.

 

"Is this your first time out of town?" Asked the coachman.

 

"Yes." Levi's face is pale. Because of motion sickness.

 

"Do not worry about it; you'll get used to it."

 

Suddenly, the coachman pulls on the reins to make the horse stop. The other passages are amazing.

 

"Why are we stopping here?"

 

"Bandits."

 

Hearing this, everyone in the caravan gets nervous.

 

"We just want money. If you do not listen to us, this arrow will kill you." The rough man pointed at the people next to him. They aimed their arrows at the caravan.

 

"Achoo!" The man holding the arrow sneezed and accidentally let go of the arrow.

 

The arrow bypasses the coachman and other passengers. When everyone thought they were safe.

 

"Ahhhh!" The arrow pierced Levi's skull. He is shocked and in disbelief at what is happening. He stops breathing and dies.

 

-

 

A naked human appears in a chaotic space.

 

["Hello, we meet again."] A monotone voice greeted Levi.

 

"This place is real?" Levi had seen this place before. But he thought it was just a dream.

 

["I am sending you to your next reincarnation."]

 

"Wait, why are you sending me to reincarnation, and why can I remember my previous life?"

 

["Goodbye."] The voice ignored Levi's question. And his body began to fade.

 

-

 

The cycle of death and rebirth continues. Levi experiences almost all the emotions that humans can experience. In each reincarnation, he takes on a different persona depending on the situation to survive. Because he has experienced betrayal and death so many times.

 

Inside a large mansion, an elderly man is sitting in his study room. Outside of the room, the sound of guns and fighting can be heard.

 

"It looks like my time has come." Levi calmly takes a sip of tea.

 

After a while, the noise stopped, and the door burst open. Many men wearing SWAT uniforms enter the room. And aim their weapon at an elderly man.

 

"Mr. Levi, you are under arrest!"

 

"Oh, what is my charge?"

 

"You are the leader of a criminal organization, the dark moon." After saying that, the intruder rushed toward Levi to arrest him. The floor beneath Levi opens, and he falls together with the chair. Before the intruder can jump into the hole, the floor closes.

 

"Captain, what should we do?"

 

"Surround the mansion and don’t let anybody escape!"

 

Levi is right now sliding in the tunnel, and when he reaches the exit, there is a landing mat.

 

"Ahhhh, my back!" Levi is already old and can’t do any strenuous activity.

 

“Boss, are you alright?” A handsome man rushes beside him.

 

“No, hurry up and help me!”

 

“Quickly bring the wheelchair!”

 

After Levi has sat in the wheelchair, a female secretary help pushes him.

 

“How is the escaped route?”

 

“Everything is ready.”

 

“Good.” After a long time, Levi feels something is not right.

 

“Stop!”

 

“Boss why are we stopping here.”

Levi looked at the man beside him emotionlessly and spoke. "Why do you want to betray me?"

 

The handsome man is taken aback at first, but quickly returns to normal and smiles. "Since I am already being exposed, there is no need to pretend any longer."

 

The female secretary and other man take out their weapon and aim at Levi.

 

“You still didn't answer my question?”

 

"Because you killed my father!"

 

"I understand." Levi didn’t say anything and closed his eyes.

 

"BANG!"

 

"BANG!"

 

"BANG!"

 

Several bullets pierce Levi's body, and he dies.

 

-

 

Levi slowly regains consciousness and enters the same chaotic space.

 

"Sigh, I die again."

 

["Testing, can you hear me?"] Levi can hear a familiar monotone voice every time he dies.

 

"..." Levi ignored the voice.

 

["That means you can hear us. You have reincarnated 99 times on Earth. That means the trial has ended."]

 

Levi is surprised; this time the voice dialogue is different.

 

["If you die again, your soul will be destroyed."]

 

Without waiting for Levi to reply, the voice continues to talk.

 

["This time the world that you are going to be reincarnated indifferent world."]

 

Wait, what world?"

 

["The world where people can use martial art or magic to fight a monster."] The voice answers Levi's question.

 

"Wait! That means I will die for real." Levi is right now panicking. Because even on Earth, he always dies. Now he is going to be reborn in a world similar to one in a fantasy novel or movie.

 

["Don’t worry, we will provide you with a Free Language Pact, Basic Magic Elements Manual, Basic Body Strengthening Manual, and an Idiot's Guide to Acheron World.”]

 

"Wait, wait!" Levi shouted.

 

["Now we will send you to the new world. We are generous today; this time we will create a new body, and you don’t need to be reincarnated as a baby again."]

 

"I say wait!"

 

["Transfer information and construct a new body."]

 

"Damn it, wait!......." Levi tries to grab something, but there is nothing to grab. His body disappears inside the chaotic space.

 

After a while, the monotone voice spoke. ["We detect a mistake; we need to fix the problem."]

 

["We don’t make mistakes."]

 

["Adjustments need to be made."]

 

[Removing the bad luck curse."]

 

["Unique ability traveler of the world added."]

 

-

 

Unknown world. There is a beautiful palace, and many humanoid creatures are busy doing their jobs. Suddenly the whole building begins to shake, and after a while, everything stops.

 

"What happens?"

 

"Maybe an earthquake."

 

"Impossible; we are in a blessed land."

 

Below the palace deep underground. There is a restricted area. That no one is allowed to enter. On the dusty chamber floor, there is a pitch-black orb that cracks and shatters.

 

11