Chapter 79: The Faceless Gang
40 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 79: The Faceless Gang

 

The Mysterious Tower, after the news about the war spread, began to panic. The civilians located near the mage tower are deciding whether to escape and start a new life or stay to face the war between the two mage towers.

 

The reason the mage tower war existed was to warn civilians and to fight in the open. Because if both sides start the war secretly, the one who is going to suffer or die is the civilian.

 

Today, only a small group of people stay in the mage tower, while the others have already run away. The patriarch of the Mysterious Tower has already sent a message to the members outside the mage tower to return.

 

As time passed, many mages returned to the Mysterious Tower. Ironically, the people who live a comfortable life with resources are the ones who run away while the outsider members return to protect the mage tower.

 

The Mysterious Tower doesn’t realize that the Arcane Tower people have already infiltrated the Mage Tower. Using bribes, coercion, and persuasion, the weaker member relents, while the powerful member is promised position and wealth.

 

The elderly patriarch looks much older than before. Although most of the deserters were not from the core group, some of them had been nurtured to become the next elders or had the potential to become masters.

 

"How many people do we have?" The elderly patriarch asked one of the people in the room.

 

"304 mages and 578 warriors." Mage Tower also hired warriors to protect their businesses and mages. Since the number of mages is low compared to the number of warriors if it were in other kingdoms, the number of mages would be lower, and most mages would be weak in close combat.

 

The elderly patriarch slumps in his chair. The Mysterious Tower, which once had more than a thousand mages, has fallen to a mere 304. For warriors, the majority of them are apprentices, and only a handful of them are adepts.

 

It’s only a matter of time before more of them desert. He can promise them a reward or force them to stay, but they are not commoners who can be threatened. It’s different if there is a master rank here.

 

Patriarch, the non-noble faction had sent their aid. " A mage enters the room, but he doesn’t look enthusiastic.

 

"How many?" The elderly patriarch stands up from his chair.

 

"More than 100 mages and 200 warriors." The mage hesitated but still said it.

 

The elderly patriarch's face turns from jubilant to dejected immediately. It’s not enough to deter or hold the Arcane Tower mages, not to mention the master rank.

 

Over centuries, the mage towers had developed a weapon that could kill masters, but it required a large amount of mana stones and time to activate.

 

Nevertheless, the experienced masters had a way of defending themselves or deflecting the attack using a magical device or their strength. They had an extra 500-year lifespan; they must have learned a trick or two to protect their lives.

 

"Order our man to prepare for war." The elderly patriarch gathers his strength; there is still hope as long as the mage tower is standing.

 

The reason why the mage created the mage tower was other than study and research. It was to protect them from the enemy.

 

"How about the weapon that I asked you to purchase?" Asked the elderly patriarch.

 

"The weapon has already arrived."

 

Ironically, the mages use the cursed Federation weapon that defeated them in the past. Until now, mages didn’t use firearms because of their pride and ego. But he had no choice; either way, he couldn’t surrender before his plan was complete.

 

What most members of the Mysterious Tower don’t realize is that he had secretly moved the mage tower's wealth away, preparing for this day. He can rebuild the mage tower again somewhere else.

 

Outside the mage tower, most civilians chose to leave Yrul City. They can only pray once they return to their home and their businesses are still there.

 

-

 

In Qraso City, the underworld underwent a massive change. There is a new gang called the Faceless Gang that tries to take over all the criminal organizations. The people who refuse to submit to Dr. Jekyll will disappear from the city.

 

In the Dark Wolf Gang building, a black masked man wearing a robe is sitting on a chair while his face is resting on a head without a body. The head is the leader of the Dark Wolf Gang.

 

Beside the masked man are Laura and a mage wearing a gray robe. Brian, after removing the curse and using a healing potion, had already recovered.

 

"How many gangs are left?"

 

"We can handle the rest; we only need to deal with the Blood Hand gang, but..." Brian hesitated. The Blood Hand Gang is weaker than them, but the problem is their backer.

 

"What is it?"

 

"That organization is connected to the mage noble faction." With Brian and Laura's strength, they can become the top gangs in the city. Nevertheless, there is always someone with a huge backer. even though the leader of the Blood Hand gang is weaker than them.

 

"I thought this city was under a non-noble faction?" Levi had done his research on three main factions controlling the mage nation.

 

"We don’t know why Mage Tower usually doesn’t get involved with the underworld; I also heard there will be a Mage Tower war soon." This time Laura spoke and began to explain the mage tower war rule.

 

Levi's eyes gleam. "For now, stop attacking other gangs, and if anything happens, contact the people I told you." Levi stands up and disappears into the darkness. If he plays his cards right, he can profit from this war.

 

After making sure Dr. Jekyll was gone, Laura spoke. "Husband, what do you think?"

 

"For now, we just listen to him; what does the physician say about the poison?"

 

"They can’t detect the poison." Laura is puzzled that all the physicians said the same. The only conclusion was that it was a slow-reacting poison that would suddenly appear if we didn’t consume the antidote on time.

 

"It's fine; as long as our lives are not in danger, we shall follow his order for now." Both of them are not people who will believe or trust anyone.

 

Brian raises his hand, and a fireball burns the head and headless body of the Dark Wolf Gang.

 

-

 

Today Philip met his younger brother, age 15, and sister, age 14. Both of them already know about their father's illegitimate child. They look at him with disdain and contempt.

 

Because of the awkward situation, Philip goes out of the mansion. His feelings are complicated; he finally has a sibling, but they want nothing to do with him. Suddenly, he sees Serena and waves his hand. Since she is his teacher's assistant, they have become closer.

 

Serena now looks beautiful compared to her haggard look in the past; now she can buy a beauty product and dress that she dreams about with her salary. Because of that, she is grateful to Levi.

 

"Miss Serena, where are you going?"

 

"I am going to the mage tower. Levi orders Serena to find Kelsey and gather information about the mage tower war.

 

Oh, let me accompany you."

 

Both of them had pleasant conversations. Philip, although he had high standards, did threaten Serena differently. Soon they arrive at the mage tower, and Serena separates from Philip and goes to find Kelsey.

 

Philip smiles and looks behind her back until she disappears.

 

-

 

On the outskirts of Qraso City.

 

Several mages and warriors bathe in blood. The culprit is a black-haired, scarred-faced woman with various injuries on her body.

 

"Please spare my life." The female mage, soaked in blood, crawled to escape from the mad woman. They are from the Infinite Tower and have pursued a primitive mage. When they think they can finally capture her, they fall into a trap.

 

Clara's crimson hand pierces through the crawling magi.

 

"NOOO!" The female mage's body soon shrivels like a mummy.

 

After killing Clara searching for their corpses and finding a few healing potions, she is exhausted and lies under the tree to rest. Although she manages to stop the bleeding, the injury is still there. She opens the healing potion bottle and drinks it, and the wound gradually closes.

 

However, the injury is serious, and she drinks and pours the rest of the healing potion on the wound.

 

Fortunately, Clara learned the blood claw that Levi gave her; without this technique, she might have died. Compared to using a blood spell, the technique uses less mana and doesn’t require her blood.

 

After resting for a while, she wears a mask and walks. Suddenly she stops and smiles because she can sense something familiar toward the Qraso city. "It looks like you've already arrived in Mage Nation."

 

 

3