Chapter 82: The Thief Strike Again.
33 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 82: The Thief Strike Again.

 

Far from the building, there is a pile of warrior corpses. To prevent a plague or disease, the corpses are burned, but they don’t want the enemy to locate their locations.

 

Two masked figures walk near the corpses.

 

It's bad to waste." After saying that, the pile of corpses disappears and turns into an invisible particle that enters Levi's body, which only he can see.

 

"What should we do now?" Asked the masked woman.

 

"We wait until they leave." Although their number has lessened, it’s still too dangerous. After that, both of them disappeared into the woods.

 

-

 

The next morning, one of the mages rushed inside to report that the warrior corpses that they threw in the woods had disappeared.

 

They suspected a large group of monsters were nearby.

 

After discussing, one of the elders at the peak of adept rank will stay with several others to guard this place. While the patriarch leaves to arrange the transport of the wealth that he accumulated. With this, his plan is set.

 

"Guard the building and call me if anything happens."

 

"Yes, elder."

 

The middle-aged elder is satisfied and enters the patriarch's room. He doesn’t know why they need to guard this place, but there must be something here. The patriarch's decision to poison all the warriors is suspicious. If he is not careful, he might also get poisoned. After searching the room, he found nothing.

 

The elder is one of the people who got an offer from the Arcane Tower, but he refused. The reason is simple: he needs to start from below again. Although they promised a high position, who will believe them, and can they trust a traitor?

 

"It’s nothing here." Then the elder realizes something and gazes at the floor. Since he doesn’t find the secret door, the safest way is to dig a hole outside; even if he finds nothing, he can pretend nothing happened.

 

Half an hour later, a few mages try to dig a hole outside the building. However, soon they bump into solid metal. They try to attack using fire spells to melt the metal, but nothing changes. The metal is made from a special material.

 

"Elder, should we stop?" The mage said he was afraid.

 

"Just listen to my order if you want to live. Don’t forget that the thing that happened to the warrior can happen to us!"

 

The mages nodded and continued to try to melt the metal.

 

"Move aside." The elder takes out his wand and casts a fireball spell. The red fireball turns blue.

 

Seeing that the mages move far away

 

"BOOM!"

 

The metal melted but still couldn’t go through. "How thick is the metal?" The elder kept casting spells several more times until he ran out of mana.

 

After that, he decided to rest to recover his mana. When they go inside the building, two masked figures are observing them.

 

-

 

Levi, although he is not an expert in magic formation, can find a weak point in the magic formation to enter. While in Qraso City, he doesn’t stay idle; he also gathers more information about magic formation.

 

The illusionary magic formation that had been set up surrounding the building is considered advanced.

 

Nevertheless, it’s not perfect, and magic formation requires mana to operate. From what he found out, the magic formation had not had any maintenance for a long time.

 

After finding the flaw, Levi enters and creates a second illusion formation to hide it. Since he already knows that there is something underground, he can try to enter it.

 

The elder doesn’t even realize that someone is watching him.

 

After digging underground using a spell, in front of Levi is a gray metal wall. He tries testing it using his sword, but it only makes a scratch. Using large-scale magic will alert the enemy, and then he will remember how the factory cut metal using a laser.

 

Levi takes out his wand and creates a small magic circle. "Heat beam." A line of hot beams attacks the metal and slowly cuts it.

 

Clara is guarding the entrance in case there is an intruder.

 

A few hours later, Levi finally manages to cut a hole that he can enter. Inside his eyes were mana stones, magical devices, gold, and other goods in the large metal chamber. He takes a deep breath. Now it’s time to work.

 

Although his spatial storage had grown larger after his breakthrough to fourth-tier mage status, the amount of goods inside the room is too large and can’t fit inside the storage.

 

Levi's first targets are mana stones and money. For him, the other stuff can be purchased. He needs to move fast before they notice. Levi touches the crate and chest containing the mana stones and money to make them disappear.

 

After that, he began to search for the goods and take anything that he found interesting. There are even many books and research papers. Without reading it, he just stores some of the books and research that he finds interesting inside the storage.

 

After looking around the chamber, he quickly leaves and collapses the hole. Levi just stole around five to ten percent of the goods inside. However, it's better if he doesn’t get too greedy. If all the things inside the chamber disappeared, maybe the mage had a way to track him down.

 

It’s better to be careful. This world, after all, had magic.

 

Two days later, a large flying merchant ship appeared in the sky. The mage begins to clear the forest to make a landing site.

 

The Mysterious Tower patriarch doesn’t even notice the goods' disappearance because he also doesn’t know how many things are inside the chamber. When the other magi know what is hidden underground, they are surprised and excited. There is hope to rebuild the mysterious tower.

 

“Patriarch, in a certain part of the chamber, the metal collapses and is covered with earth."

 

"There might be a problem with the chamber, ignore it, we need to leave the mage nation." The Mysterious Tower patriarch doesn’t suspect anything. First, there is the illusion formation; second, there is the mana shield protecting the building and the only entrance to the secret chamber. The third, although they built the metal chamber in the rush and had some flaws, is hard for mage and warrior to destroy. Unless it was a master rank,

 

"Yes." The mage hurriedly moves the goods to the flying merchant ship.

 

What is important now is to leave the mage nation, or Manofrea, fast. Before the Arcane Tower found them.

 

Inside the flying ship, the elder's eyes were full of greed and hesitation. But soon turn back to normal and he take out a device secretly.

 

-

 

A week later, in Qraso City, Levi reads the report of the mage tower war. The Mysterious Tower tries to flee to a neighboring kingdom but gets ambushed by the Arcane Tower. In the end, the Mysterious Tower patriarch is dead.

 

Nevertheless, the Mysterious Tower patriarch family had already escaped before the war started.

 

Levi raised his head and saw a group of children eating. They are all orphans, that Levi gave them food last time. They beg to follow him. It looks like he needs to find a larger place.

 

"Let’s go."

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"Finding a new place to stay, this place is getting cramped."

 

"Sir. Levi, what should we do?" The eldest boy in the group asked nervously. Until now, they didn’t do any work and just learned to read. He and others don’t want to get kicked out of here.

 

"Don’t worry, wait here for now."

 

The next few days, after moving to a bigger house. Levi tested the orphans to see if they had the talent to become mage.

 

The children who had the talent to become mage are happy. While the rest look disappointed.   

 

Levi will send them to the Aurora Gem Mage Tower to learn magic. The mage tower had a program to teach children who had talent in magic, and after that, if they couldn’t pay the tuition, the children would work for the mage tower until the debt was settled.

 

Levi had no problem paying the tuition. That means in the future, he will have a mage working under him. For the rest, he will send them to a warrior school to train. If they don’t have talent, there are many things that they can do, like gather information.

 

The last information that Levi gets about Otis is that he is in Infinite Tower prison. As long as he doesn’t move to a different place, it is hard to rescue him.

 

After arranging everything, Levi can focus on absorbing mana and advance to the middle or peak stage of a fourth-tier mage.

 

Inside a room, a mana-gathering formation is activated, and Levi is sitting cross-legged and closing his eyes. A small vortex appears above his head and absorbs the mana. The four magic cycle runes inside his brain absorb the mana like a whale.

 

The formation quickly drains mana stones' energy, and Levi, without any concern, takes out more mana stones from his spatial storage. The mana-gathering formation becomes brighter. Several hours later, he opens his eyes.

 

"Middle stage of the fourth-tier mage." Levi is now confident enough to do the mission, but it's better if he reaches the peak stage.

 

 

4