Chapter 85: Hero Template.
40 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 85: Hero Template.

 

Inside a cave, a three-meter-tall dark-fur primate is sitting cross-legged. Levi absorbed the surrounding energy.

 

Levi, while meditating, is contemplating what type of hero template he wants to use. An orphan without a family, someone who wants revenge or wealth. In the end, it's better if he starts with people who enter dark territory. Greedy people are easy to influence and control as long as you give them benefits.

 

From what he sees, although the monster of darkness is strong, the main problem is the sunlight. If he can find a way to overcome the sunlight, he can proceed with the next plan. To create a hero, there needs to be chaos.

 

Now he doesn’t know if he needs to be directly involved or if he needs to work together with the hero. This time, the voice doesn’t explain anything and just sends him to this world.

 

While he is thinking, an undead bird with a hole in its chest enters the cave and lands on Levi's shoulder.

 

"It looks like I found the human." Levi grins and walks out of the cave, his body disappearing into the darkness using the Shadow Cloak technique. The only way they could detect him was if they had an infrared camera or device that could sense heat. What Levi doesn’t realize is that the M.O.D. are cold-blooded creatures, including him.

 

-

 

The hunters, after getting ready, leave the camp and enter the dark woods. Thanks to the night vision goggles that can see in the darkness,

 

"Everyone get ready; I detect movement at three o’clock."

 

The hunter aims for their assault rifle.

 

After a while, tiger-sized black ants with three pairs of mandibles and razor-like legs rush toward them.

 

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!"

 

"Damn, it was the ant-type M.O.D. Quickly kill it; we need to leave this area!"

 

There is no problem killing the black ant. However, once alerted to the nest of black ants, M.O.D. will chase them to death.

 

"Who is the one who gives the map?"

 

"Don’t argue now; quickly kill it!"

 

The large worker is black and manages to withstand the first barrage of bullets. Nevertheless, the bullets soon penetrated the ant's hard exoskeleton and fell to the ground.

 

"Run!"

 

However, it was too late; once the black worker ant M.O.D. died, it would release a pheromone that would call the other ant M.O.D.

 

The people guarding the camp notice the fleeing hunter and porter.

 

"What happened?"

 

"Get ready; there is an ant M.O.D. nearby!"

 

Hearing that the person's expression had turned pale, I quickly prepared to fight. Fortunately, the hunters had a mounted machine gun.

 

While the humans are preparing for battle, a large primate sits on a large tree branch, observing the human camp.

 

Half an hour later, the ground began to shake, and the tiger-sized black ants came out of the woods in all directions.

 

The mounted machine gun blasted the large black ant. The ant's hard exoskeleton can’t even last for a few seconds before being shredded by the bullets. However, the ant M.O.D. keeps coming out of the woods.

 

"Damn it, fire the bazooka!"

 

The rockets hit the ant and exploded. The ant near the explosion dies, but more and more come out of the woods.

 

When the ant neared the wire barricade, the ground exploded. The hunter detonated the buried bomb.

 

"We can’t last long if we stay here; everyone gets ready to flee!"

 

The human begins to make a path to escape from the encirclement. After a while, they manage to make a path, but more of them have already died or been injured. Without looking back, they begin to flee.

 

"Activate stage 1!" The hunter leader shouted, and the black bracelet on his wrist had been activated. A black tattoo pattern appears on his skin, and the ant near him gets punched in the face. A crackling sound can be heard, and although the ant is not dead, it gives the other ant time to kill it with bullets.

 

Thanks to the tattoo pattern, the burly hunter leader's strength had tripled. This is the first stage of M.O.D. fusion; it can boost strength, speed, or defense. Depending on what M.O.D. core is being fused into the body,

 

"The leader is strong."

 

"Of caused the leader to fuse with rank 1 bear M.O.D. core."

 

"Keep running, don’t stop!"

 

"Wait help!"

 

"NOOO!"

 

The tiger-sized ant caught any human that was too slow to run. Most of them are porters. Their job is only to carry stuff and not fight M.O.D.

 

"Don’t come closer!" The porter, afraid, shoots at the incoming ant. The last thing he saw was the ant's mandible.

 

The ants surrounded the slow humans, preventing them from fleeing.

 

"Leader!"

 

"Leave them; if we don’t get out of here, we will die!"

 

"Don’t leave us!"

 

Among the people that had been left behind was a black-haired woman. Maggie joins because she needs money to help her family. However, she never thought that she would die today. When everyone had already lost hope.

 

"RAWR!"

 

The ant stops moving and leaves the area.

 

Even when the ant is already gone, the surviving people are pale and trembling from fear. because the thing that can be sacred to the ant must be the stronger M.O.D.

 

Just like they guessed, three tall primates appear in front of them. The pressure released from the M.O.D. is suffocation. When they thought they were going to die, the M.O.D. spoke.

 

"Follow me if you don’t want to die.

 

Their mouth is agape because M.O.D. can’t speak human language. What they said was true, but Levi had a Free Language Pact that could translate and transmit any new language inside his brain as long as he heard any word once.

 

For the ant M.O.D. nest, he already met with the ant queen and had a deal. Compared to the ant army, the ant queen is weak and can be killed easily. With his skill, he can enter the nest undetected.

 

Maggie doesn’t want to die quickly following the large primate, but the others are wary. Next, a brown-haired woman follows Maggie. She doesn’t want to stay with the man, afraid that they will use her as bait to lure the M.O.D. away.

 

The rest don’t trust the primate and run toward the dark woods. After that, a scream can be heard inside the dark forest.

 

Maggie and Kate heard the scream, were afraid, and walked closer to the large primate. Both of them also don’t trust the primate, but they have no choice and can’t think properly because of fear.

 

They also can’t contact the Darkness Hunter Association because they are inside the dark territory and all communication devices can’t be used.

 

"Do you think the primate will kill us?" Kate whisper.

 

"I don’t know; I've never heard a primate-type M.O.D. communicate with a human," Maggie replies softly.

 

"Don’t worry, I will not kill you; I will ask some questions before I send you out from the dark territory." Levi turned his head, gazed at the two women, and grinned.

 

Both women shut their mouths, afraid that the primate would kill them.

 

Levi brings them to the cave and serves them some food.

 

At first, both of the women are afraid to eat, but they are hungry.

 

"What meat is this? It's soft."

 

"The fruit is weird, but it tastes good."

 

"This is the dark giant land crab that I saw the rich people eat on TV." There is a food ingredient from a dark territory only the rich can afford.

 

After that, Maggie and Kate answered Levi's question about the Twilight world.

 

It seems like this world is like modern Earth; the differences are the dark territory, M.O.D., and the darkness hunter.

 

Levi is interested in the Hunter M.O.D. fusion.

 

"Rest for today; I will send you out of the dark territory tomorrow."

 

The next day, as promised, Levi sends them out of the dark territory and, at the same time, makes a deal to trade information for M.O.D. core energy.

 

The sun had already risen, but they didn’t see the transport. They must have come out of a different location, or the survivor has already returned to the association.

 

Maggie and Kate contacted the Darkness Hunter Association to pick them up.

 

While waiting, both of them are discussing

 

"What do you think?" Kate asked.

 

"It doesn’t seem like Levi is going to harm us," Maggie answered.

 

"I think so too."

 

After that, both of them were quiet, but they still didn’t believe that they had managed to survive and meet with the talking primate M.O.D. Even if they tell anyone, no one will believe them.

 

"Don’t you think Levi is handsome?" Kate enquired.

 

Maggie's eyes are wide, and she gazes at her weirdly.

 

"I am only joking." Kate smiled.

 

Both of them laugh.

 

"With the M.O.D. core, we no longer need to endanger ourselves, and I can help my parents," Maggie said she no longer felt tense.

 

"Yes."

4