Chapter 91: Human Hybrid.
17 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 91: Human Hybrid.

 

A few weeks later, after reuniting with the hunters and the surviving expedition team, Professor Ken stays in the M.O.D. nest and explores the dark territory.

 

Most of the news right now is about talking about M.O.D. primates. There is even a scientist who wants to buy or hunt down Levi for an experiment. However, Professor Ken makes sure nothing happens to his new friend, Levi.

 

In the woods, few people are talking to the hunter leader from the expedition team.

 

“Leader how?”

 

“We might have a problem with Professor Ken.” The middle-aged man with white hair still hesitates.

 

“What we are afraid of is that the price of the talking M.O.D. is equivalent to rank three M.O.D.”

 

The hunters had been contacted a few days ago by their guilds. According to them, they will be paid a lot of money if they can capture Levi alive.

 

“Let me think first. Do you know how to break the illusion?” The hunter leader asked. When he first arrives, he is surprised that the M.O.D. nest is covered by illusion. From the outside, no one will notice the large M.O.D. nest.

 

“No, but we might use another M.O.D. to come out of the illusion.”

 

“You try first; if it is feasible, we can proceed with the plan.”

 

When they left, a rat came out of the hole and headed in the M.O.D.'s direction.

 

In another area of dark territory. Levi is standing in front of a huge beetle with a scorpion tail. If the huge beetle enters the city, there will be chaos and death. He is trying to control the rank 3 M.O.D. with his new power, the third eye. After a while, the huge beetle bows his head.

 

“I will call you when the time comes.” After saying that, the scorpion beetle enters the large hole.

 

Levi had subdued several rank-three M.O.D.s, but to conquer human territory was not enough. For the third eye, he can destroy it anytime he wants. Since the power doesn’t bring him any harm, it is better if he uses it.

 

Closing his eyes, he tries to sense the next rank-three M.O.D. After opening his eyes, he leaped forward. There are many things that he needs to do; he also finds a way to be immune to sunlight and finds a creature that can spread darkness. The only problem is that their number is small and requires him to intervene; fortunately, there is a way to increase their number.

 

-

 

Hunter class building

 

In the renovated practice room, Michael is holding a katana inside a sword suitcase. Nicole finds out he is going to become a hunter. She supports him but asks him to be careful. There is a report of hunters dying almost every day.

 

With Nicole's father's connection, he gets a sword that can cut rank-two M.O.D. According to Nicole's father, it is better if he focuses on firearms, although a sword is handy to kill one M.O.D. Using a sword takes time, especially if you are outnumbered.

 

Michael disagreed; he had seen a martial master cut down numerous people and beasts with one slash. Too bad he was a third-rank martial artist in his past life. Because he doesn’t know any top martial arts manuals and can’t gather innate energy in his dantian.

 

However, he can replicate that attack if he fuses with an M.O.D. energy core in the future.

 

The katana is focused on speed; he swings the katana many times to get used to it.

 

Different from a normal double-edged sword, a katana only had one sharp-edged curve.

 

Michael begins to use the sword martial art that he learned in his past life. The movement is rough at first because of his chubby body. Nevertheless, after a few hours, his movement had become smooth.

 

When he stops, his hand is already blistering from holding the katana.

 

After he finishes outside, it is already dark, so he goes home.

 

There is a group of people watching Michael go out of the building.

 

“Should we ask that fatso for money?”

 

“It's better if you don’t.”

 

“Why?”

 

"First, you will not get the money because Fatso is resilient and will fight back. Second, he is connected with someone from Umbra Guild; the last person that attacked him didn’t have a good time after that.”

 

Hearing that all of them were quiet. They are thugs, not hunters.

 

Inside a large underground sewer, a half-naked man is sweating and prostrate on the floor. After a while, his body expands, and black fur begins to grow all over his body. His teeth become sharp, and his face resembles a wolf.

 

“I am hungry.” The werewolf walks through the dark tunnel sewer.

 

-

 

Starlight guild.

 

A middle-aged man with a full beard is reading the report. Since the last incident, there has been no more news about the escaped M.O.D., and no one claims to be responsible.

 

The only news is about the M.O.D. that can communicate with humans. For centuries, humans tried to domesticate M.O.D. but failed. Finding an M.O.D. who can communicate with humans and not be hostile to them is rare.

 

Some guilds, including him, wanted to capture it. However, according to the report, the M.O.D. named Levi is the king of an M.O.D. nest. But if they send stage 3 hunters, it will not be impossible to capture.

 

The middle-aged man presses a button, and a female secretary enters the room.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“Are there any stage 3 hunters available?”

 

“No, but we can change the schedule.”

 

“It's fine, you can leave.” In the end, it's better to wait for other guilds to take action first. They still don’t know how strong Levi is.

 

-

 

The next morning, there was news that someone had died in the alley. The woman's body had been dismembered inside out.

 

At the crime scene, the police are investigating.

 

“How?”

 

“We found the victim's ID, name Cara, age 37, and she just came home after having a drink with a friend.”

 

“Do you know the attacker?”

 

“We suspected it was an M.O.D.”

 

“Another escaped M.O.D.?”

 

“We don’t know; should we send this information to the guilds?”

 

“Yes, this is not something that the police can handle.”

 

Not far from the crime scene is a hooded man; after watching, he left. That man is Edric; he has returned to the city and begun to investigate where his wife is. He found out that she had already failed a divorce and testified that he attacked his wife as an adulterer.

 

Feeling lost, he wandered around the city. Should he return to the dark territory?

 

“Excuse me, are you Mr. Edric?” A man wearing a coat walks toward Edric.

 

“Yes, who are you?” While saying that in his pocket he was already holding a gun.

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t want any trouble. I am from the Veil organization, and we want you to join us.” The man handed Edric a card.

 

-

 

Inside a secret lab.

 

"Sir, the test subject had returned and had forgotten what happened yesterday.”

 

“Good, that means we can activate the transformation anytime we want. How many serums can we produce each day?” A man in a wheelchair said it excitedly. Finally, after a long time, they succeeded.

 

“10 to 15 per day. The only problem is that we don’t have enough machines and materials to increase production.”

 

They finally succeeded in creating a transformation serum that could create a human hybrid. That means the Veil organization now can control and create an army of human hybrids.

 

With Veil, the organization produces advanced communication devices that can be used in dark territory. They now have several top guilds and organizations that use their devices; they don’t know all of their information is being recorded and gathered.

 

“Don’t worry, the new shipment will arrive next week.”

 

-

 

in dark territory.

 

Levi is sitting cross-legged inside a chamber and opens his eyes. The undead birds and rats go out of the chamber.

 

“It looks like they are going to betray me soon.” Levi is waiting for this moment. He is not a human in this world and doesn’t need a reason to start a war. However, he needed to pretend he had no choice.

 

“With this, I will have a group of stage two hunters become an experiment subject.” Levi wants to know how the M.O.D. core fusion works, and maybe he can learn something from it.

 

Suddenly, he remembers the owner of the dark territory. According to her last message, if he finishes the mission, he will be rewarded. Maybe he can try asking if she can create the solar eclipse phenomenon.

 

From what he found out, the M.O.D. that can spread darkness requires time to reproduce. He needs to wait for several years if he wants to invade human territory.

 

"Master, do you know how to create the sun eclipses?" Levi's third eye opens and transmits the message.

 

-

 

Deep in dark territory, an elderly woman with white hair gazes at the dark sky inside her mansion.

 

"No, I can’t create the sun eclipses, but I can help you hasten the M.O.D. reproduction.”

 

The elderly woman raises her hand, and the dark miasma spreads through the darkness, causing the entire M.O.D. in dark territory to become active.

 

“The outsider is interesting.” The elderly woman doesn’t expose Levi's identity since she has been contacted by the chaotic space and understands what is going on. As long as she can get her revenge, she doesn’t really care, even if Levi is another world demon.

 

3