Chapter 26: Skipped.
382 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyway, this novel is available to purchase digitally, or physically, on Amazon Here. 

If you would be ever so kind, then you can donate $10 on Patreon to get this novel, in different formats, as well as anything else I have made/will make, here.

Chapter 26: Skipped.

*Eleina’s POV*

If I remember correctly, I was thirty minutes late for magic class. No one complained about it, though. But that was over a month ago.

Mary’s attempt on my life wasn’t the only time that someone tried to assassinate me. It seemed that some motherfucker, or motherfuckers, really want me dead. Couldn’t imagine why. I am just a good little princess, after all.

I mean, it’s not like I am stupidly powerful, right? Problem is, I am absolutely powerful. Of course, Iris and Rena are more powerful than me, but I am still really powerful.

At the exam for the magic class, I was asked to stop midway through each of my spells. That goes for every one of my elements. Regardless of which one I used, the spell would always be too powerful, and dangerous to cast.

Not to mention, I already knew pretty much everything that is known about magic. So I was given a blanket 100% passing grade for the entire class. So this is another reason to want me dead.

On top of that, and being a “princess” to this kingdom, my combat class went about the same. Within a month, I had learned everything that Avenia could teach me. Much to her utter disbelief and annoyance. Due to that, I was also given full marks for that class as well.

In less than a month, I completed every single class that I enrolled in. Military tactics class went the same as well. At the end of the first exam, the teacher said that I was either insane, or a tactical genius. Both are compliments in my mind.

Yes, I wasn’t supposed to take any tests, or anything like that, for a few more months, but for some reason, every one of the teachers gave me the tests early.

Ah, enough boasting. Back to how people keep trying to fucking kill me. Attempts on my life aren’t even an unknown thing. According to Vina and Tia, I am known around the academy as unkillable.

Which is funny. It’s not like none of the attempts on my life actually succeeded. Some of them did. It’s just that, you know, I am immortal. So I’d just quickly come back to life, assuming my natural healing doesn’t save me from the injury first.

That magic on the academy badge that detects when someone is in danger, well, they removed it for my badge. Since they were tired of rushing to a scene, where I already dealt with all of the threats…

The attempts on my life are even worse, and more frequent, since neither Iris nor Rena has come back yet. Gone for over an entire month… I am beginning to lose to my desire, and let my two maids drink my blood.

But I am not a cheater, so I will resist. Though, I didn’t think that I would ever crave someone drinking my blood…

Anyway, even though I basically one shotted all of my classes, I still have to attend this academy. Attendance is needed for me to say that I actually graduated from this academy. Since I had to stay anyway, I decided to take on every other class. In response, they just gave me a 100% for each class, even though I didn’t attend them…

Now I truly feel like a protagonist in a shitty Isekai novel… I even have the hot women to boot! Though, as I keep having to deal with assassination attempts, it’s not all rainbows and sunshine.

I legit, have nothing else to do anymore, so I just chill at the library. Vina and Tia’s woman, her name is Hild. As I am very capable of taking care of myself at this point, and that I am just relaxing in the library, those two are on a date with her.

It seems like they plan to marry her. Even more surprising, is that Hild will most likely accept marrying them. Well, they make a cute… uh… triple? So it’s fine. They don’t treat her like a replacement for me either.

Man… I miss Iris and Rena… Oh? Who are these three women showing up at the library? No. I am not peeping on random people that come into the library, these three walked up to me.

Eleina: “Can I help you three?” I ask.

The one who looked to be the leader of the group, looked at both of her lackeys who then took that as a signal to leave us, then she sat down right NEXT to me.

Woman: “Hello, Lady Vanetius. My name is Nila Betery.” She said with a bow.

As the table I am using has a booth to sit on, Nila then snuggled up to me. Pushing her breasts onto my arm. Either she was ignorant, or she was trying to seduce me. Problem for her is, her family is one of the groups of people who want me dead and have sent people to kill me.

Eleina: “Your attempts at seduction will not work. Pray tell, why should I associate with someone whose family has tried to kill me?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

Nila: “So it seems… My family are fools. Once you ascend to the throne, since you know that they wanted you dead, we will surely be executed. I just wish to get in with your good graces, so that I can live.” She said with a sigh.

Eleina: “Good graces? And how will you achieve that?” I ask with a head tilt.

Nila: “As your sisters are away fighting for the kingdom, although most people love that they’re fighting for us, as we are still here in the kingdom, we can destroy their reputations.” She said with a confident tone.

Eleina: “And why would I want to do that?” I ask.

Nila: “So that you can beat them, and become the ruler of this kingdom!” She exclaimed.

Eleina: “Iris will be the ruler of this kingdom, that is already decided. Neither Rena nor I have any desire for the throne. If you have only come here to slander my dear sisters, I kindly ask for you to leave, so that I can continue to read in peace.” I say with an annoyed tone.

Nila: “…”

Nila: “But… you’re so much stronger than them!” She yelled.

Eleina: “No, I am not. And don’t shout! This is a library.” I quietly yell to scold her.

Nila: “…is that why you’re here in this kingdom, instead of defending it?” She asked.

Hm… what do I tell her? Should I just come out and say, “Actually, I am their wife, so it’s obvious why they won’t let me on the battlefield.”? No… that is too racy, even for the gossip that nobles love. She’d probably think that I was making fun of her.

Eleina: “We’re a unit, I stay here in the kingdom to protect the center, Iris comes up with tactics and does some fighting, and Rena does most of the fighting.” I reply.

Nila: “Oh no…” She said with a shocked tone.

Eleina: “What’s wrong?” I ask.

Nila: “I have already started bad rumors about your sisters…” She replied with a nervous expression.

Eleina: “Why!?” I rudely ask.

Nila: “I wanted to get your help! Please! My family is crazy, they want to sacrifice hundreds of people to summon some demon, so that they can take over this kingdom!” She exclaimed with a serious tone and expression.

Eleina: “And why didn’t you lead with that? Spreading rumors like that was completely unnecessary. Do you think that I wouldn’t defend this kingdom?” I ask with an angry tone.

Nila: “I know that you would, which was why I needed you to like me so that I would survive. If my family fails, they will all be executed.” She said with tears going down her face.

Eleina: “Dammit… Fine, I promise your safety, but deal with the stupid rumors. I’ll deal with your family, which means killing them. Anyone else that you want to save?” I ask with a sigh.

Nila: “No. I was adopted, that entire family is crazy.” She replied.

Getting the information that I needed from Nila, I then made my way out of the academy. I probably shouldn’t be doing this alone, but Vina and Tia are busy, Rena and Iris are gone, so I have no choice.

I have no idea how serious a demon summoning is, but it can’t be any good when the sacrifices are that many. The Betery family is very arrogant, the location where they’re holding the sacrifices, and where they will perform the ritual, isn’t that far away from the kingdom. Ah, finally! My first adventure in this new life!

21