Commandment 17: The Sixth Retainer
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lugh and some of other Tricksters had been convicted by Lucifer to help create mischief and curses to prank the older deities.

 

To the young tricksters, it wasn’t supposed to be something evil or that would cause strife in humans lives. It was Lucifer that turned the curses into the dangerous superstitions and monsters of lore.

 

It wasn’t the tricksters fault but deep down the resentment was there from the older deities. Nuada and a group of Celtics made it their mission to exterminate the Celtic curses.

 

Lugh had wanted to redeem himself and also help out. Unfortunately, he let one get the best of him and almost got gravely wounded. That Piseóg had detached from the human it was cursing and scurried away. For the last few ages, no Celtic was able to find it.

 

And here was Nuada, standing in front of a Piseóg who had reached adolescence. “Damaris! I need you to show me this man's history,” Nuada shouted.

 

He needed to know how they overlooked this curse… and for how long they did. A small pink cloud explosion appeared next to Nuada. Damaris was wearing her pajamas and held a pillow in her hands.

 

She rubbed her eyes looking tired, yet she still managed to pose with a peace sign for Nuada.

 

“Hey there king— WOAH!” She looked at the Piseóg and all drowsiness disappeared.

 

 

“Damaris, can you please show me his history?” he asked impatiently.

 

Damaris took out her tablet from the inside of the pillow case and took a picture of the man.

 

João Machado

STR:<0/_/_/_/_/_>

INT: <0/_/_/_/_/_>

ATH: <0/_/_/_/_/_>

RES: <0/0/0/0/0/0>

 

“This poor man, that monster has been draining everything from him. Strength, intelligence, his ather. He should be dead by now,” Damaris said as she clicked the play icon on the tablet.

 

She held it for Nuada to see, and the images made him feel such sorrow and sadness. They learned of the Machado curse and what each of the first born males had to go through, each generation of the curse getting stronger and stronger.

 

João, who with his resilience tried his best to live a life on his own terms. Unfortunately unable to reach the heights he dreamed. The same things that had happened to the other Machados men.

 

The two also summarized the reason the Piseóg went unnoticed for so long. João was Catholic and prayed to other deities that hadn’t noticed the Piseóg, who was hiding deep in the souls of a Machado.

 

Once the next first born son was born and the soul was placed in him, the Piseóg would jump quickly and latch itself deep in the new born baby’s soul. It was largely untraceable from any warden, deity, or angel.

 

It was only now that it had matured to this point that Nuada and any other deity could sense it. But at this point it was too late.

 

Nuada looked away from the tablet and at the Piseóg. It was already deeply attached to the soul of João. Exterminating the Piseóg at this stage of its existence would mean destroying the young man's soul.

 

He would be casting this poor man's soul out of the cycle of reincarnation and into the eternal oblivion. How much more misfortune did this human have to face?

 

Damaris wiped tears in her eyes. “So, is this the retainer you wish to pick?”

 

Nuada was confused, what did she mean? He just wanted to know more information to get to the bottom of the Piseóg, to confirm that this was the one Lugh failed to exterminate.

 

He had a duty to exterminate this Piseóg and didn’t have the power to piece souls back together. Heck, no one but God did, the wardens themselves would only receive newly born souls from Eden.

 

 

“No one… but… God…” Those words echoed in his thoughts. Only God could save this man’s soul after being destroyed. If Achilles could use his judge abilities to have a temporary vessel for the fragments to reside in, it could allow him to live in the Fantasia world.

 

But if João lost he would go straight to the eternal oblivion. Nuada turned to Damaris. “Could you ask Achilles something for me?”

 

Damaris nodded and Nuada explained to her about creating a temporary vessel out of the shards of João’s soul. “If he were to enter the fantasia world with the Piseóg still attached, the same misfortune and pain would befall him. Can Achillies do that?”

 

“I’ll ask him right now.”

 

POOF. She disappeared in an instant. Nuada stood waiting for what felt like hours, mostly because he was overthinking again.

 

“If this works, then there really is no guarantee I’m going to win the Tryfing.” Nuada really wanted this opportunity, he wanted to win more than anything. He was so sick of having to watch over others, of being the oldest.

 

And here he was put in that same position. The humans were considered the deities younger siblings. He would have had to give up his one chance to escape the duty he was honor bound to uphold.

 

He stared at João, a man who had no say in this curse. Who had wanted to be a boxing champion… No that wanted the opportunity to be that champion. He remembered the disgust he felt with himself, to run away from his duties and purpose.

 

He wasn’t upholding the virtues that he held in high regards. He wasn’t acting like Brigid or Cu would have. No, he was running away… and that wasn’t the Celtic way. This human deserved the opportunity to live a normal life, and it was Nuada's purpose to make that happen.

 

Damaris came back in a pink explosion. “Achilles can provide a homunculus body for his soul to power. It would only work in the fantasia world, though. Let me know if that is what you want to do.”

 

Nuada closed his eyes, he felt his soul burn with his conviction and purpose, something he’d lost a long time ago. This human wasn’t Lugh or the tricksters, he had no sins or mistakes that led him to this point.

 

“Like an older brother to his siblings.”

 

The words his Father carved into his psyche. The purpose entrusted to him as a king. No. More. Running.

 

“Yes, I will select him as my retainer.”

 

///

 

Elysium

 

Main hall

 

POOF.

 

Achilles had just finished speaking to Damaris about creating a homunculus for Nuada. Lucifer was trying to copy the Son of God project, creating a vessel that could exist in the human realm. This vessel would be able to use all of Lucifer’s abilities and ather, just like God vessel, Jesus Christ.

 

It took many centuries for Lucifer to be able to produce one vessel. Something that Achilles had no time or ability to do, not even with his current title of Judge, and God embedding some of his ather.

 

The homunculus vessel would be powered by the four Greek deities for use in the fantasia world, a testament to how powerful Lucifer was, being able to create his own vessel and sustain it himself.

 

This Tryfing really was going to be something else, he thought. Was he really doing the right thing? As he doubted himself, he felt a warm ather flow through his body. He smiled and let his worries go.

 

“Judge Achilles.”

 

Achilles turned around to Minerva the straight lace Roman deity. This was the first time he had seen her since the opening ceremonies.

 

“Yo,” he casually said.

 

“I have a matter I need to discuss about the retainer I wish to select.”

 

“I’m all ears, Lady Minerva.”

 

Minerva slightly bowed her head to Achilles in thanks. “The retainer I have my eye on has an extremely tainted soul. In normal circumstances, I wouldn’t consider him. But I think I have a good chance at winning with him.”

 

Achilles couldn’t focus at all, this was the most he ever heard Minerva speak! “Pay attention,” she said.

 

“Ack sorry, Lady Minvera, any reason it has to be him?” he replied.

 

She stopped speaking as if formulating what to say. “I picked the tactician role, knowing fully well that my retainer wouldn’t be able to fight directly. I have my own personal armory, and I need a retainer that can piece together the correct pawns.”

 

 

It was so strange hearing her voice but this time Achilles was also paying attention. “How tainted are we talking about?” he asked

 

“Very,” Minerva responded. “He’s directly and indirectly murdered many.”

 

Achilles couldn’t believe Lady Minerva wanted a retainer like that on her side. Much like the Greek deities, the Romans were honorable and battle hungry. But then again Minerva herself wsa a tactical general of the battlefield.

 

As he was going through the situation in his mind, he felt the warm ather flow through his body again. As if saying, “Let her choose him.”

 

“I’ll allow it. Try to keep him in check though,” he said with a smile.

 

“Thank you, Judge. You will not regret it, this Tryfing will be a special one.” Minerva bowed and took her leave.

 

“Yep, definitely a special one. The weakest retainer in history. A human who thinks he’s perfect and has perfect abilities, but is an asshole. A retainer who needs a homunculus body. Lucifer’s vessel, who's a murder. And now, Lady minerva wants her own mass murderer.” Achilles sighed.

 

“At least Lugh and Lady Inari recruited normal humans.” Achilles laughed as he thought how of all deities, Lugh got a normal retainer.

 

Achilles stared out of the window of the main hall. He saw the gates of Eden in all of their glory. The selection phase was coming to an end and his battle spirit roared with excitement and anticipation.

 

“I wonder who Zhong kui is going to pick… Will his retainer be normal or part of the special category of retainers?”

 

3rd Tryfing

 

Official judge: Heroic Greek deity, Achilles.

 

Support judge: Angel, Damaris.

 

Chosen deities:

Ra: Demi-God: Darren Donaldson

Lugh: Knight: Ariel Morales

Zhong Kui: Exorcist

Inari: Polymath: Kento Sanosuke

Freya: Assassin: Charlie Wilson

Nuada: Conqueror João Machado

Minerva: Tactician ???

Team Arc-Angel: Hero Luther Satenly

 

 

Fantasia world: The world known as Helioan

 

Starting year: not yet decided.

 

27:23:48

0