Commandment 27: The Valhalla Training Montage Part 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two angels appeared and took Jopheil away on a stretcher. Another angel was next to Freya touching her face, healing her. She had to end the time field spell while the angels came to help Team Freya.

 

“Is Jopheil going to be alright?” Charlie asked with concern.

 

“Yeah, he just needs rest right now and then he’ll be back on his feet. Anyways it’s time to start your condensed training. Put the time field back up sister,” Freyr said. Freya made an inaudible moan and started to cast the time field down around them once more.

 

“Place your retainer bracer on, Charlie. Think about the color you want to register it as and then think about turning it on.” Freyr started to stretch his body as he spoke. Charlie placed the bracelet around his right wrist. It then automatically closed around him and made itself feel snug around his wrist.

 

It felt like it belonged on his wrist. Charlie thought about the color purple. He then heard a voice in his mind say “accepted” and the bracer had accents of purple around it. He was quite happy he got to have his favorite color, even if it didn’t make him stronger or more retainer-like.

 

Freya had finally finished getting treated for her self-inflicted wounds and had summoned another bag of chips, this time it was “ Isis’s Sour and Creamy Delight” she munched on. “Oh like the highlights in your hair. So, I guess purple is your favorite color, huh?” She stuffed her face with chips at the same exact time she ended her sentence.

 

Charlie nodded yes to his deity. Freya then grabbed the braid in her hair and made it purple. “Freyr, make a purple streak in your hair too. We've got to match our champion over here.” Looking unamused, he did what was asked and made one of his spiky bangs purple.

 

Charlie appreciated the gesture and then proceeded to think about turning on the bracer. As he concentrated, a screen pulled out of the bracer, surprising Charlie.

 

“Interesting, it's just like a JRPG’s status screen.” He got really excited and started to scroll the screen that held his Tryfing info.

 

///

 

Charlie Wilson

Deity: Norse Twin deity, Freya

Deity soul-level: D rank

Weapon mastery: D rank

Age at starting year: not decided

Sex in the Fantasia world: Female

Race in the Fantasia world: Elf

 

Stats

STR:<0/0/_/_/_/_>

INT: <0/0/0/_/_/_>

ATH: <0/_/_/_/_/_>

RES: <L/O/C/K/E/_>

 

Role

Assassin: An individual who mastered the art of killing one's target. You are locked into using knives, daggers, and short swords. You can also use any and all tools considered to be Assassin tools (you will know). You must start off as a member of an Assassin guild/ apprentice of a master Assassin.

 

All retainers have a Primary objective and secondary objective either given by their Role or the Judge of the Tryfing. Your primary objective is to win the Tryfing. Your secondary objective is unique to your role: Assassinate one retainer that is chosen for you. You will roll a dice that will randomly choose your target.

 

Unique Ability: Choose one assassination style from the three below:

 

Speed Style: You are swift and mobile. Your goal is to kill quickly and get out as quickly as you killed them. This style transfers into your STR stat and stacks with it. Applies to your reflexes, hand eye coordination, weapon skill.

 

Shadow Style: Being out in the open is not an option you enjoy, instead you love to hide and kill from the shadows. You can hide in the shadows and move in the shadows of people and objects. Retainers cannot sense you or your murderous intent until you are right behind them. Nothing personal, kid.

 

Counter style: You enjoy parrying your targets' attack and attacking the vital spots that your parries open to you. When you parry, you can pinpoint weak spots and strike accordingly, causing higher damage to your target than usual. You are also more durable thanks to this style. Survive longer and counter your opposition.

 

If you successfully assassinate your target and are not the last retainer standing yet, choose another style from the other two you didn’t choose to add to your abilities.

 

Divine Wills

(These are your Deities passive skills you have access too. As long as you are connected to your Deity these will always be active.)

 

Master of Seidr: As Freya’s retainer you have access to her seidr magi. Choose from a list of spells for you to automatically know. Your ability to memorize these spells is based on your ATH level plus one. You can also painstakingly teach yourself other spells you didn’t memorize to add to your list.

 

You can memorize two spells. Choose two from the list of spells your deity will give you.

 

Twins of the red sun and blue moon: Locked. Please believe in yourself more and unlock your resolve before the system unlocks this divine will.

 

Fólkvangr: Locked. Please believe in yourself more and unlock your resolve before the system unlocks this divine will.

 

 

Godsends

 

Twin Summer: Lady Freya’s personal twin blades, which can be combined to create a double-bladed short sword. This godsend can be summoned and de-summoned at will. (Attacker)

 

Feather Cloak of Protection: Lady Freya’s favored cloak, given to her by God before the Great Rebellion. (That’s why it’s her favorite cloak, don’t tell her you know that, she would just be mad and deny it). It will add extra protection to your defense and also has the ability to fly and glide you around. You lose the ability of protection if you activate the ability to fly. (Supporter)

 

The Lady’s Chariot: Freya’s personal chariot is yours to command. The ability of flight has been disabled in the Fantasia world, but in exchange the chariot has better maneuverability and speed. Bygul and Trjegul are summonable with the chariot. (Supporter)

 

Hildisvini the Battle Boar: A loyal familiar of Freya, much like Bygul and Trjegul, as his name suggests he will battle with you when you summon him. Freyr gave his sister Hildisvini as a birthday present. (Supporter)

 

Brisingamen the Necklace of Dwarves: A golden necklace given to Freya as an offering by the dwarves of the first generation of humans. Freya will load two extra seidr spells of her choosing in this necklace. You will have access to those two spells as long as you wear it. (Supporter)

 

Judge’s Comments and Evaluation

 

Achilles: He needs more confidence in himself if he wants to even think about achieving anything in this Tryfing.

 

Damaris: That’s just mean Achilles! Charlie’s got a lot of heart and he's cute to boot! He already has a fan club cheering him on!

 

Achilles: Yeah… he is cut— I MEAN he did tell me himself he wanted to change. It takes a lot of guts to admit your faults and charge them head on. You're the 3rd Tryfing Resident underdog kid, good luck.

 

Damaris: Goooooooo CHARLIE!!!!!

 

///

 

Charlie sighed and lost his excitement after looking through the screen. It was a lot of information to absorb but really that wasn’t why he was sighing. “I feel like I was made fun of near the end there. I have to choose an assassination style, as well and roll a dice to get a target.”

 

A seven-sided dice appeared in front of his face, in a pink explosion, of course. It floated in place waiting for Charlie to grab it. “What should I do first?” Charlie said to the twins, waiting for one of them to help him out.

 

 

“We should use the allocation rights first and max out one of your stats.” Freya took out the baseball-sized orb and lightly tossed in the air and caught it. “I say we max out that ather, that way you can summon more of my godsends and have more spells to use.”

 

That made a lot of sense to Charlie, but as he was about to say something Freyr interrupted him. “What good is having a lot of ather if he just going to get killed first? He needs to dump those points into strength to make up for his lack of weapon mastery.”

 

“How do you even know he has a low mastery score?” Freya replied with annoyance at her brother.

 

Freyr pointed to Charlie. “Just look at him, you think he’s a master swordsman?”

 

“Fair point.”

 

Charlie fell to his knees and cried humorously “Is this a sibling comedy routine and I'm their punching bag?” He wished Jopheil was there, at least he respected him.

 

“He’s my retainer, I think he needs ather to succeed!”

 

“You only want him to know more spells to stroke your ego! I’m the one that is truly looking after his wellbeing. He needs strength to survive against the other retainers!”

 

“ATHER!”

 

“STRENGTH!”

 

“ATHER!”

 

“STRENGTH!”

 

The two siblings had gotten close to each other and started fighting and tumbling for the orb. Charlie wanted to say something but he knew in situations like this they would just yell at him to butt out of their squabble.

 

Instead, he walked over to Bygul and Trjegul and sat with them. They both wanted his attention and placed their heads on Charlie's lap wanting head rubs, which Charlie gave in full force. He opened his status screen again and caught something that he thought was strange.

 

Stats

STR:<0/0/_/_/_/_>

INT: <0/0/0/_/_/_>

ATH: <0/_/_/_/_/_>

RES: <L/O/C/K/E/_>

 

“What the heck?” he muttered. Freya had shown him his stats before they came to Valhalla. The Resolve line had the entire word of “LOCKED” on it and now it was missing a D!

 

“Lady Fr—” He looked up and saw that the twins were now fighting each other using their weapons. As he watched the two battle it out to the death, he sighed one last time.

 

“It’s a good thing this time field is up, don't you think Bygul and Trjegul?”

 

///

Elysium

 

Osiris had to quickly return to her room before she went to speak with Ra; she needed to make sure she didn’t look like she woke up from a hundred year sleep. As she reached the door, she stopped and moved her hair to fix it once again. She knocked on the door and the door opened swiftly. It was Muriel, Darren’s appointed guardian angel.

 

“Muriel sweetie, can you tell Ra I need to speak to him?”

 

She nodded and closed the door. Osiris felt that her skirt had bunched up and took this time to shift it back into place. She also “fixed” her hair again for the twentieth time. The door opened mid-fix and she quickly moved her hands after.

 

“Lady Osiris! You are awake.” Ra beamed a joy that had not been seen in quite a while. He closed the door and stepped outside. “How are you? What are you doing here?

 

“I’m fine, my Lord. Listen I need to talk to you about the human you picked as your retainer.”

 

Ra raised his eyebrow to the warden. “How do you know about the human I picked?” He had not told any deity about Darren and only Achilles, Damaris, and Muriel knew about him. “Did that insufferable Greek deity leak my human? Or maybe it was the pink haired angel! I’ll need to speak with her about this.”

 

///

 

Damaris felt a shiver run down her body “Achillllesssssss, please don’t leave me alone right now. I just got a weird feeling and it's freaking me out!”

 

///

 

“Did you not see his past, my Lord?” Osiris asked.

 

“No, I just needed to know if he had Egyptian blood and if he had high stats. Which, he checked both of those boxes,” Ra said proudly.

 

Osiris looked bewildered at the flame deity. “So, you don’t know what he really is do you?”

 

Osiris bit her nail, she had started to sweat nervously and looked stressed out. Ra noticed this immediately changing his tone and demeanor.

 

“Warden Osiris… What do you need to tell me about Darren?” he demanded.

 

3rd Tryfing

 

 

Official judge: Heroic Greek deity, Achilles.

 

Support judge: Angel, Damaris.

 

Chosen deities:

Ra: Demi-God: Darren Donaldson

Lugh: Knight: Ariel Morales

Zhong Kui: Exorcist: Audrey Rhodes

Inari: Polymath: Kento Sanosuke

Freya: Assassin: Charlie Wilson

Nuada: Conqueror João Machado

Minerva: Tactician ???

Team Arc-Angel: Hero Luther Satenly

 

Fantasia world: The world known as Helioan

 

Starting year: not yet decided.

 

23:53:32

0