Chapter 7- Goblins
952 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You brought a lot of books to read” Flipping another page, Lisa continued to read while laying inside the tent with several novels beside her.

“It's a hobby and my lifeline” Lisa titled her head to Ren.

“I love reading and do you know what else requires reading? Studying” 

“a scholar”

“Yes, I'm one, the only reason I got into Starfall Academy is because of this hobby, without it, I would have never dreamed of getting into it” Ren Reminisced about the times he studied to get into the Academy, he had a teacher to help him.

‘Read or die’

“Why are you turning pale?” 

“No reason at all, We'll leave when it stops Raining” It started raining heavily, it was the 3rd day.

In the novel, rain would continuously start randomly on day 3 until the last day of the survival exam and Hecate would be resting somewhere in a cave, Ren hoped that the cave would not be this cave.

Depending on what happens next, he could only bribe her with food.

Her only known weakness that he could use was her fondness for food.

Anything else was a no-go, Even if he had the conditions to use it, it wouldn’t even matter.

Soon the rain started to weaken, and taking it as a sign, Ren He Prepared to Depart.

Ren took the novels from a reluctant Lisa who gave him a pout. “Read this later, we leave now”

“You have Good taste in Novels which makes it hard to let it go” Lisa had a picky time picking novels usually but she wasn’t bothered with his picks.

“It’s not like I’ve read them before, I picked what Looks like entertaining to read in the library” He replied while making sure the Novels were protected from the Remaining rain Putting it nicely in his bag.

“Wait..those are borrowed?” Her expression turned pale.

“Yes, what about it?” He didn’t know what was the big deal.

Lisa came Closer and grabbed both of his shoulders “No matter what happens don’t lose them or damage them.”

Staring into her eyes, Ren understood she was serious, he nodded Not knowing the consequences later on.

After packing everything, they left the cave and entered the forest.

Navigating through the dense trees, Ren led the way as they ventured deeper into the wilderness. 

actively using the wind to scout the area, He raised his hand to stop. “10 Goblins up ahead, 10 more near them”

The wind started to Gather around Ren.

Lisa took a deep breath, focusing her energy on her hands. Flames flickered to life, dancing around her fingertips as she prepared to unleash her fire magic. She nodded at Ren, indicating that she was ready to attack.

Ren silently gestured for Lisa to follow his lead as they slowly approached the goblin group.

 He signaled for her to aim for the goblins on the left while he took care of the ones on the right.

With a determined look on her face, Lisa stepped forward, her hands outstretched. She unleashed a stream of fireballs toward the goblins, accurately hitting her targets. 

The flames engulfed the creatures, causing them to screech in pain and confusion.

As chaos erupted among the goblins, Ren swiftly moved into action. 

He unsheathed his sword and skillfully struck down the goblins on his side, taking advantage of their distraction caused by Lisa's fire magic.

His sword sliced through the air with precision, swiftly dispatching the remaining Goblins head.

It’s Within moments, the goblins were neutralized. Lisa's fire magic had proven to be a valuable asset, and Ren couldn't help but acknowledge her skills.

Sounds of rushing footsteps Gained his attention, and a Flicker of flame appeared in Lisa's hands once more.

The flames rapidly took form into Gauntlets, ‘could I have lasted longer, if I used this on her’ 

She ran passed Ren startling him, Surprised by the sudden speed.

*BOOM*

The goblin's head was sent flying with its body, Barrage of fists were thrown at the newly arrived Goblins decimating them in an instant.

Ren watched in surprise, as the newly arrived goblins were decimated. ‘She can do that!?’

“Any more coming?” Lisa asked doing stretches.

“None”  

‘Do I even need to do anything?’ Ren thought to himself as they continued to go deeper into the forest 

*

In the dimly lit depths of a vast, ominous cave, the air was heavy with the stench of damp earth and decaying flesh. 

Corpses hung ominously from the ceiling, while the walls were adorned with eerie shadows cast by flickering torchlight. 

an ogre sat hunched over, its massive frame blocking out much of the feeble light that managed to penetrate the depths.

The ogre, already formidable in its grotesque appearance, had just finished a savage feast. The remnants of half-devoured wolves lay strewn around, their blood staining the rocky ground. Grunting contentedly, the ogre's attention suddenly shifted as strange energy coursed through its veins.

An unsettling transformation began to take hold. Its thick, leathery skin rippled with pulsating veins, and its muscles bulged with newfound strength. 

Unearthly flames ignited around its body, dancing with an unholy brilliance. 

The ogre's tusks elongated and sharpened into razor-sharp fangs, while its eyes glowed with a malevolent intensity.

Amid this agonizing metamorphosis, the ogre's form began to change. Its hunched back straightened, and its posture grew taller and more imposing. 

As the fire within intensified, the ogre's skin transformed into a charred, ashen texture, resembling the hardened crust of molten lava.

With a bellowing roar that reverberated through the cavern, the transformation was complete. 

Its bloodshot eyes glowed like smoldering embers, and its footsteps left behind trails of smoldering footprints as it surveyed its surroundings with a newfound sense of dominance.

a blazing embodiment of terror lurking deep within the heart of the cave.

20