2
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before I knew it, I found myself sitting on a stone chair that was cold, hard, and practically useless. The chair had backrests and armrests, but they were also made of stone, so it wasn't exactly luxurious. As I looked out into the distance, everything appeared in black and white, and even when I looked at myself, I saw no color. I couldn't understand what was going on.

Questions raced through my mind, "Why am I here in the first place? Who am I?" And then it hit me, "I'm Miyama Natsuo, a 25-year-old Japanese man who weighs around 60 kg and is 165 cm tall. I work at a home center, and I am unmarried. But why can't I remember anything else?"

I realized that my memory was worm-eaten, and although I could recall most things about myself, I couldn't remember my family, friends, or acquaintances. Suddenly, a voice echoed in the room, and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. As I tried to make sense of my surroundings, the black and white world suddenly intensified, and everything appeared in bright light.

I closed my eyes for a moment and then opened them again, and to my surprise, the world had changed. It was dark, but there was a faint red light coming from behind the stone chair. I got up to investigate and noticed a large red boulder emitting the faint red glow. It looked like a jewel, but I couldn't fathom its worth.

As I stood there, I felt an inexplicable connection to the boulder, which made me realize that my center, my roots, were connected to it. It was as if the boulder was the source of my power. I didn't understand how this was possible, as I wasn't a psychic or had any superhuman abilities.

I was trying to make sense of everything when I noticed a stone pedestal beneath the boulder. Above that were two thick books that looked like albums or dictionaries, and a small box in the middle. They were arranged beautifully. I couldn't help but wonder what they contained and what their purpose was.

As I tried to distract myself from the reality of the situation, I laughed dryly and realized that this was not some Showa special effects. I needed someone to explain what was happening to me.

As I look at the cover of the book, I can't help but feel like I'm following a tutorial in a game. A twisted part of myself wants to ignore this feeling, but I quickly shake my head to correct it. This is reality, not a game. Although it's risky to follow the speculations of the person who brought me to this place, I can't take more risks than necessary at this point.

The books on the table catch my attention. On the right is the "Dungeon Catalog," and on the left is the "Monster Catalog." The characters are unknown to me, not in English, Chinese, or Korean, and reading them sends shivers down my spine. However, the book emits a bright light, making it easy to read even in the dark.

As I open the "Dungeon Catalog," I am struck by its colorful pages and easy-to-understand illustrations. It appears to be a catalog, designed to stimulate the customer's desire to buy. The headings and illustrations are elaborate and captivating, showcasing how to make a dungeon more comfortable, how to deal with intruders, and how to add various gimmicks to make it unique.

But there's a problem. I have no idea about the prices of the items, and the number of advertisements is overwhelming. It's hard to determine what's real and what's not. Some of them seem like blatant exploitation and deception, with fictitious charges and forced labor. It's more like a trap than an actual catalog.

Overall, I can't help but feel wary of everything around me. I need to be cautious and not fall into any traps, even if it means taking a step back from my own desires.

"Be polite. There is a big difference from those who set traps with purchase intentions. It is rude to even compare them. It's like the difference between a good cop and a bad cop - the latter could actually be the real trap. But flipping through the pages of this catalog, you won't feel any malice of a dungeon at all. The notes section even includes a list of low-cost monsters for rookie dungeon masters, and the rest of the catalog is simply described with illustrations and explanations for each race. There are no weird ads or anything.

"The drop is too severe. What is the person in charge thinking?"

Do they want to exploit it, or do they want it to run properly? Anyway, this megalith seems to be the life of the dungeon - the dungeon core. Since I seem to be the dungeon master, it must be connected to me. It appears that the basic things to manage the dungeon are complete, except for one terrible thing which I'll put aside for now. I look around the room with a book as my light, but there's nothing else. There's only one straight passage in front of the stone chair.

So, what do we do? It feels like the tutorial is telling me to run a dungeon. Do I want to go down this road? I know I'll need to if I want to run a dungeon and know what my home is like.

Is it possible to escape from here and return to my original life? Well, it's impossible. There's someone with the power to turn me into a modified human while I sleep. As long as I can easily bring him in, it wouldn't be difficult to bring me back if I ran away.

It can be said that there is no option other than dungeon management. It's very possible that this isn't Japan, and it's hard to imagine they have diplomatic relations with each other. Basic human rights aren't guaranteed, and I don't have a way to survive in a foreign danger zone. Additionally, judging from the fantasy elements like the Dungeon Master, it can be seen that this is a so-called different world. A world of swords, magic, honor, and violence. Even though I'm remodeled in a way I don't understand, I don't have the confidence to stand on my own with a single sword (even though I don't have one).

From the above, the conclusion is reached: make a living by running dungeons and try to survive first. I'll accumulate knowledge and technology later and think about the future. Returning to Japan will definitely take a long time - I'm already fired due to absenteeism. Re-employment is also difficult in this age, so if I can go back, I wonder if the economy will improve. But, let's leave aside things that can't be helped even if I worry. Now, let's focus on what's in front of me.

For now, the only thing I can do is explore the dark passageway at the end of the stone chair."

3