6.1
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the first defense was over, everyone was exhausted, with the exception of the slime cleaners who were still busy cleaning up the scattered sand.

As for myself, I was also extremely tired and sought refuge in the example chair from the core room to recover. My body felt heavy, and my head was throbbing with pain. The cold stone chair helped ease the heat from my fatigue, and the kobold-made zabuton cushion was a blessing for my buttocks. Woven from soft ivy, it was hard but not as hard as stone.

It seemed that the kobolds were planning to make a backrest cover from the fur they had hunted. While I was grateful, I couldn't help but feel it would look like a barbarian king's throne, especially if they added a beast's skull at the top.

The kobolds had since fallen asleep, and the injured had been treated by the shamans. While some were stabbed, cut, and beaten, there were fortunately no fatal injuries. They even managed to eat dinner before the attack and used spells to aid their recovery. I hoped I would feel better by tomorrow.

Sylph, who had achieved the greatest results in battle, was now back on the lookout. With a contract with the core and natural wind, he could recover his physical strength and magic. I was beginning to realize that 10 coins might have been cheap for his skills in enemy search, interception, and low maintenance cost.

As I spread my hands, I saw two dungeon coins. That was all I had gained from this battle, despite all the hard work. Even with the trash-like weapons and supplies taken from the goblins, the danger to life was completely disproportionate.

"I should expand our military strength," I muttered to myself, not believing that violence solved everything, but knowing that with more strength, we could have avoided such a hard time. I wanted at least one wall role and one attack role. I resolved to speak with Ms. Jarvenpaa, but realized it might already be outside of working hours. I would need to buy a watch soon.

As I tried to stand up, a small bell-like sound began to ring from behind. It was coming from the core and the pedestal with the book. One of the books on the pedestal was ringing a bell while emitting a faint light. I preferred the catalogue to Ultra and didn't want anything to do with it. I even tried tearing off the backmost page to create a spark, but it wouldn't wrinkle or budge.

I wondered if it would stop ringing if I left it alone, but the persistent ringing continued. I closed my eyes and tried to endure it.

Suddenly, a kobold woke up, and I waved to signal them to return to sleep.

I sigh and stand in front of the pedestal, opening a book. A shining window appears, reflecting a beautiful person with short silver hair. Her razor-sharp impression is enhanced by her neat dress. The man smiles and speaks to me.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Jorma Harkana from Dangerous & Deluxe Construction. Are you the new Dungeon Master?"

“…Hello. I’m Miyama, the Dungeon Master."

"Yes! For 3,000 years since our opening, we have been providing various facilities to each dungeon master. We offer support for economic activities, utilization of resources around the dungeon, and not limited to life and defense! I am contacting you to ask if I can be of any help to the Dungeon Master, who may be experiencing difficulties."

Cheerfully and politely, he continues to talk, and I realize that he is used to this kind of conversation. However, I have only one thing to do.

“We are on time.”

This is the only way to handle telephone sales. I reach out to close the book, but the man panics.

“Oh, please wait!"

He tries to persuade me with a wide variety of defense equipment and traps, but I simply reply, "I don't have money, so that's fine." I thought he would leave it at that, but he suggests a side job.

"Wouldn't you like to aim for more convenience!? Dungeon Maker-sama's initial funds will run out in no time. Don't worry, it's outside of your normal business, but our mission is to support you! We can propose a variety of side business plans.”

I hesitate to decline without asking, but he seems to understand my point and continues to speak.

I sigh and stand in front of the pedestal, opening a book. A shining window appears, and a person is reflected. She is beautiful with short silver hair, and her razor-sharp impression is enhanced by her neat dress. The man smiles and speaks to me.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Jorma Harkana from Dangerous & Deluxe Construction. Are you the new Dungeon Master?"

“…Hello. I’m Miyama, the Dungeon Master."

"Yes! For 3,000 years since our opening, we have been providing various facilities to each dungeon master. We offer support for economic activities, utilization of resources around the dungeon, and more! I am contacting you to ask if I can be of any help to the Dungeon Master, who is having a lot of trouble."

He speaks cheerfully and politely, and his words flow effortlessly. I understand that he's a salesman, and there's only one way to handle telephone sales.

“We are on time.”

I try to close the book, but the handsome man panics and pleads with me to wait. He begins to pitch their latest technology products and defense equipment, but I decline since I don't have the funds.

He then proposes a unique side job for Dungeon Masters called goblin farming. He explains that the initial investment is just one coin and that goblins can be hired on a contract basis. He suggests purchasing human slaves and giving them to the goblins, and once their numbers increase, sell the goblins for profit. He also mentions another monster they recommend using in conjunction with the goblins.

I'm taken aback by the suggestion and question how he can say such terrible things.

“Are you insane? How can you suggest such a thing?"

He seems confused and explains that he and his people, Hylo, are different from humans. They are children of the dungeon and possess different qualities and abilities. He tells me that the Arcus Empire was born and grew powerfully with the blessings of dungeons, and the empire exists for dungeons. He emphasizes that there is no law that binds masters, and they can behave as they like.

1