Ch143- Clown
34 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slumping next to the fallen man, Jack pulled out a flask of drink and took a sip, then offered it to the Vice-Admiral. Lysander accepted, taking a cautious sip. The burn of the liquid was a stark contrast to the heat of battle, but it felt rejuvenating. He sighed contentedly, then looked over to Jack, his face etched with concern.

"Is there really something so heinous happening under my nose?" Lysander questioned, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

Jack simply nodded, his stormy eyes unwavering. "We have a Vivre Card. At least one child is here on this island."

Lysander's expression grew grimmer, his deep blue eyes clouded with worry. "What if it is the government's order?" he muttered, almost to himself. He had risen through the Marine ranks, and had witnessed a myriad of covert operations. Some decisions were made for the greater good, decisions he could live with. But the idea of innocent children being kidnapped for experimentation? The Vice-Admiral found himself questioning the lines of morality.

Before either man could delve deeper into the matter, a sudden, almost imperceptible change in the atmosphere caught their attention. Using their honed Haki senses, both warriors felt a distinct shift, indicating that a large group was converging on a nearby location.

Jack's face contorted into an ugly scowl, sensing the potential danger to his family. Lysander, recognizing the gravity of the situation, pushed himself to his feet. "Let's go," he declared, determination evident in his voice.

Jack nodded in agreement and began to walk with brisk strides. As they neared the main area, they saw Shakky and Lysa, surrounded by a vast number of individuals. The duo's presence seemed like a beacon, drawing attention from all corners.

Approaching the group of mysterious individuals, Lysander's eyes narrowed with cold authority. "Who ordered you to act?" he demanded.

The guards, uniformly dressed, their bodies and faces concealed, gave no response. The only identifiable aspect of them were the IDs pinned to their chests, a badge of their affiliation.

"Stand down. These people are my guests," Lysander commanded, his voice ringing with unmistakable authority.

Yet the guards remained unmoved, gripping their weapons with intent. This defiance was not usual, especially not to someone of Lysander's rank.

Jack, who had walked past the guards to check on Shakky and Lysa, felt a momentary relief as he saw that both were unharmed. Though he kept his emotions hidden, the two women could see the storm brewing in his eyes, signaling a promise of retribution should they be threatened further.

Lysander's face contorted with a mix of anger and confusion. "Why do you not heed my orders? Who sent you?"

The guards remained silent, their posture rigid, emphasizing the gravity of the situation.

Jack took a step forward, positioning himself between the guards and Shakky and Lysa. He did not need words to convey his intent; his very stance was enough to convey the message.

Lysander's attention shifted to the ID badges pinned to the guards. "Number sequences... They're from the Genetic Engineering Wing."

Jack's fist tightened, a subtle display of his mounting frustration. "They're must be behind abduction of children."

Lysander's face darkened, the weight of the revelation pressing heavily on him. "So, it was right under me this whole time? An operation of human trafficking... and I was oblivious."

Without hesitation, Lysander deftly retrieved a small button-like device from his coat and pressed it firmly. Alarms blared throughout the base, an echoing cacophony that resonated in every nook and cranny.

He met Jack's gaze. "I've sealed the island. It's in complete lockdown. No one can enter or exit – not by air, not by land, not by sea. This place is now a fortress."

A sly smile tugged at the corner of Jack's mouth, recognizing Lysander's intentions. Even if this kidnapping plot stemmed from Marine orders, they were now cut off. Without a direct line to headquarters, Lysander had free reign to handle things his way.

They stood momentarily, the urgency of the situation hanging between them, before Jack spoke. "We need to identify their ringleader. If we can corner them, maybe we can uncover the full extent of this operation."

Lysander nodded in agreement, his mind already working through potential strategies. "The ID badges... they're linked to the Genetic Engineering Wing. It's an area I've had limited access to."

Jack's voice was as unwavering as his stance. "Who's the master of this island, Lysander? Can they truly be trusted?"

Lysander's deep blue eyes seemed to struggle with the weight of his own thoughts. "Vegapunk may be eccentric, but such vile actions... It doesn't seem like him." A glint of realization struck him, "But wait..."

The Vice-Admiral's jaw clenched, his fingers curling into fists. "It’s been in front of me the whole time. I've been a fool." Without another word, he lunged at the guards, his movements swift and precise. They didn’t stand a chance.

Jack, recognizing Lysander's newfound resolve, signaled for Shakky and Lysa. With a nod, the two retreated into the Bead's Dimension. It was safer there, especially with what was unfolding.

The Genetic Engineering Wing loomed ahead, its daunting architecture casting a shadow over the area. The secrecy that surrounded it was palpable, and it was no surprise to Jack that the heart of this operation lay within its walls.

They encountered more guards as they approached the entrance. These weren’t regular marines but elite units from the Cyborg Initiative. The Berserker Units, known for their ruthless aggression, and the Stealth Series, almost invisible to the naked eye. Lysander, familiar with their design, took on the Berserkers, while Jack, relying on his honed senses, focused on the Stealth Series.

Utilizing his observation Haki, Jack swiftly maneuvered around the guards from the Stealth Series, delivering precise strikes with each move. He didn't let his emotions interfere with his actions, focusing solely on incapacitating the enemy. His movements were a blur, every step calculated, every punch lethal.

A guard lunged at him, but Jack dodged effortlessly, his fist connecting with the guard's temple. One by one, the guards from the Stealth Series began to fall, overwhelmed by Jack's speed and prowess.

Amid the chaos, Lysander's roar reverberated through the area. "Caesar, show yourself!"

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic

4