Ch143- Number 3
125 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In another corner of the sprawling Mirror Dimension, Kai found himself in the midst of the Hollows The commanding presence of Hallibel with her loyal subordinates - Apachi, Mila Rose, and Sung-sun - by her side, and the somber Starkk, who had little Lilynette fluttering around him like an insistent shadow. These were the very Hollows whom Kai had once persuaded to switch sides during the Hueco Mundo raid. The ever-present tension between the various factions in this dimension was evident in the low undertone of bickering that filled the space.

But the moment Kai entered, the quarrels ceased. Every gaze was fixed on him, expressions ranging from curiosity to impatience, and a hint of reproach. The silence, thick and stifling, was broken by Lilynette's sharp voice. "You promised Starkk would rule Hueco Mundo! And yet, our land gets attacked. Explain!"

Kai responded, his voice dripping with exasperation. "Hey, I never said I could control everything. The Quincies? This time around, they're not playing games."

Hallibel, her blue eyes searching Kai's, inquired, "What about the replica? You said it would distract them."

Kai shrugged, running a hand through his hair, "Nope. That won't work. That millennia-old fucker sees through pretty much everything."

It wasn't just the words, but the gravity in Kai's voice that made Starkk speak, a frown marring his face. "Then what do you suggest we do? We can't just stand around."

Kai shrugged, his stance relaxed, a playful smirk on his face. "They're itching to attack Soul Society. So, let's give them what they want. We'll be the predators in the shadows, waiting for the right moment. Were you training as I instructed?"

A smirk crossed Apachi's face, her eyes gleaming with a dangerous light. "Of course. We're always ready for a good fight."

Sung-sun, twirling a strand of her hair, remarked with an amused tone, "Did you really think we'd sit around, Kai? We know our roles." Her gaze then fell on Mila Rose, who nodded subtly, indicating that they'd been preparing well.

Kai's eyes wandered, landing on Starkk who was deep in thought, Lilynette standing close by, her arms flapping with slight irritation. Starkk's voice, calm and even, questioned, "And what if they figure out our plan? They're not as naive as you may think."

Lilynette chimed in, her sharp tone evident, "Yeah! Last time we believed in you, Hueco Mundo got attacked. We can't afford to make the same mistake."

"Don't worry," Kai began, his voice dripping with a teasing arrogance. "If they take down Soul Society, the very existence of Hueco Mundo will be in question. So, you better bring your best game against them, alright?"

Lilynette's eyes narrowed, a sardonic huff escaping her lips, but she held back from further comments. Hallibel's eyes roved over the group, weighing the gravity of the situation against Kai's relaxed attitude.

Kai, catching the multiple gazes directed at him, said, "Hallibel, come with me, please."

As the duo distanced themselves from the group, Mila Rose and Sung-sun exchanged glances. It was evident they had their reservations about Kai's strategy, but for now, they kept their peace. Starkk leaned against a wall, lost in thought, while Lilynette fidgeted next to him, her impatience palpable.

Suddenly, with just a flick of Kai's fingers, the surroundings shifted. The ambiance of the Mirror Dimension's vast expanse gave way to a more intimate setting. Now, they found themselves in Kai's bedroom within the same dimension.

Without wasting a moment, Kai closed the distance between himself and Hallibel, pulling her into an embrace from behind. His face nestled into the curve of her neck, drawing in the scent of her golden locks. "Why are you so cold? Aren't you supposed to be my woman?" He teased, his warm breath causing goosebumps on her skin.

A soft blush colored Hallibel's cheeks. She tried to break free, her voice slightly flustered, "I don't like public displays of affection."

Kai feigned shock, his eyebrows raised dramatically, "Is my woman ashamed of her hubby?"

Rolling her eyes, Hallibel managed to turn in his arms, now facing him. Their faces were mere inches apart. "Stop it already," she muttered, a mix of exasperation and fondness in her voice.

A mischievous glint shone in Kai's eyes, and before Hallibel could react, he captured her lips with his own. The kiss, initially soft, gradually deepened, a mingling of passion, trust, and a dash of playful challenge.

As they separated, the warmth of their lips still lingering, Hallibel pressed her forehead against Kai's chest. The steady beat of his heart beneath her ear offered a comforting rhythm in a world that was anything but stable. A sigh left her lips as she began, "Kai... Will Hueco Mundo be okay?"

Kai hesitated for a brief moment before shaking his head. "I don't know," he admitted. His fingers trailed along the small of her back, the tender touch a stark contrast to his nonchalant tone. "But even if the whole world were to disappear, we'd be fine. Here, in the Mirror Dimension, we're safe."

Lifting her head to meet his eyes, a mix of concern and determination reflected in her own. "So you don't care about the world, about Soul Society, or Hueco Mundo? Just us?"

Holding her gaze intently, he responded, "I couldn't care less about their petty squabbles or power struggles." Kai's fingers brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear, his touch lingering on the curve of her jaw. "As long as I'm alive, the Mirror Dimension will exist. And trust me," he smirked, "I'm not that easy to kill."

The gravity of their situation weighed heavily on Hallibel, but his words offered a solace she hadn't realized she needed. A small chuckle escaped her lips. "You always have a way of simplifying things, don't you?"

Kai grinned, his thumb caressing her cheek. "Why complicate life? As long as I have you and the others, nothing else matters." As he spoke, a playful glint appeared in his eyes, hinting at mischief. In one fluid motion, he swept her into his arms, their lips crashing together in a fierce, passionate embrace.

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic

10