Ch146- Kukaku!
118 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Creating an array of Mirror Clones for the Captains and Lieutenants, Kai unleashed a wave of training opportunities within the Mirror Dimension, a space for honing skills and pushing limits. Content with his initiative, Kai’s figure blended into the hustle of the Soul Society as he strolled, unhurried and observant.

The architecture of the Soul Society bore centuries of history, and yet, every so often, there was a structure that defied the norms, standing out in its eccentricity. Today, Kai found himself before one such oddity. The house, if it could be called that, was adorned with stone arms and hands, each meticulously carved, with fingers that seemed to reach out, frozen in a moment of expression. The sight drew a smirk onto Kai’s face, a silent acknowledgement of the peculiar taste in architecture.

Just as his feet settled on the ground in front of this anomaly, the door swung open, revealing two distinct figures. The first to step out was a young man, his aura emanating a sense of hot-headedness that could rival the blazing sun. With hair unkempt and eyes aflame with a wild spark, he carried an air of rebellion, his stance defiant as if ready to take on the world at a moment’s notice. Beside him, a stark contrast, stood a woman of remarkable beauty. Her presence was commanding, with an air of authority that one wouldn’t dare to challenge. Her hair, short and wild, mirrored her fierce spirit, and her eyes gleamed with a fire that matched her companion’s, yet was tempered with experience and strength.

“Well, well, well… What do we have here?” The atmosphere shifted as the woman’s voice sliced through the silence, sharp and filled with intrigue. “I heard a lot about you from Yoruichi.” Kukaku Shiba, with her striking demeanor, scanned Kai from head to toe before settling back on his eyes, a smirk playing on her lips, “Not bad.”

Ganju, her brother, shot a glance at his sister, realization dawning upon him. He recognized the man from the stories, the descriptions fitting all too well. Kai, unfazed, met Kukaku’s gaze and smirked, “And I’ve heard about you.”

Kukaku raised an eyebrow, her grin widening, “Oh? And what have you heard? Good things, I hope.”

Without missing a beat, Kai let his eyes roam freely, taking in her formidable figure, her curves and larger-than-normal bosoms. “Good, good,” he commented, a playful tone to his voice. Then, his eyes shifted to her wooden arm, his expression changing ever so slightly, “That ruins such beauty though.”

He stepped forward, closing the space between them, and reached out to touch her wooden arm. His fingers brushed against the hard surface, and like magic, her missing arm appeared, flesh and bone. The air around them seemed to still for a moment as everyone processed what had just happened.

Kukaku, wide-eyed and momentarily speechless, stared at her newly restored arm. Her fierce composure wavered, replaced by a vulnerability that was rarely seen. She flexed her fingers, marveling at the sensation. “How…?”

Kai simply shrugged, his smirk never leaving his face, “Just a little trick.”

Ganju, who had been silent up till now, finally found his voice, “You… You just healed her. Just like that.” There was a mix of awe and disbelief in his tone, as if he was trying to make sense of the impossible.

“Something like that,” Kai replied nonchalantly, his gaze shifting back to Kukaku, “So, what do you think? Better?”

Kukaku, still in a state of shock, nodded slowly. Her eyes locked onto Kai, a myriad of emotions swirling in their depths. Gratitude, disbelief, and a spark of something else – something that mirrored the wild fire he had seen earlier.

Ganju, picking up on the shift in atmosphere, cleared his throat, attempting to bring back some semblance of normalcy, “Well, this is… unexpected.”

Kukaku shot her brother a look, silencing him instantly. She turned back to Kai, her composure slowly returning, “Unexpected or not, I owe you one.” Her voice, once sharp and commanding, now held a hint of warmth.

Kai just waved her off, “Don’t mention it. Just thought it was a shame to see something so beautiful marred.”

Kukaku raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes, “Are you always this smooth, or is it just for the ladies?”

Kai leaned in slightly, locking eyes with Kukaku as he said, "To be honest, only to those I am interested in." His voice carried a hint of mystery and playfulness, inviting yet enigmatic.

Kukaku, not one to be easily swayed, matched his grin, her eyes twinkling with a mix of challenge and amusement. "Should I be honored?" she asked, her voice laced with curiosity and a hint of excitement.

Kai, undeterred and still with that smirk playing on his lips, responded smoothly, "I hope you already know from Yoruichi if you should or not." His words carried an underlying meaning, a silent acknowledgment of their shared connection through Yoruichi.

Kukaku, caught in the moment, let out a genuine laugh, her fierce demeanor softening as she opened the door wider, gesturing for him to enter. "Come in," she said, her tone now inviting and warm.

Kai didn’t need any further prompting. He stepped in, appreciating the view as he followed Kukaku into her unique abode. The interior of the house was as eccentric as its exterior, filled with artifacts and decorations that spoke volumes about its owner’s personality.

Kukaku, leading the way, turned back to him with a smirk, "Enjoying the view?"

Kai chuckled, his eyes scanning the room, taking in every detail. "I certainly do. It’s definitely… soft."

Kukaku raised an eyebrow, "Soft, huh? I’ll take that as a compliment coming from you."

Kai just grinned, "You should."

The atmosphere was light and playful, a stark contrast to the initial intensity of their meeting. They moved through the living space, engaging in banter that seemed to come naturally, as if they’d known each other for years.

Kukaku, seemingly more at ease now, asked, "So, what brings you here? Besides wanting to see if the rumors about my beauty are true, of course."

Kai, taking a seat as she gestured for him to, replied with a playful glint in his eyes, "Well, that was definitely on the list. But I’m also here to go to that place."

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic

10