Prologue
435 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reboot to begin...

A reboot will begin in 5 seconds...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

Reboot completed...

An electronic voice sounded in the darkness. When the countdown was complete, there was a sudden flow of energy and a click somewhere in the distance, as if a light switch was being turned on.

A light was turned on.

One light after another came on, piercing the darkness until the entire shadow was swallowed by a brilliant white light. The only thing that had color was the mountain of pillows that lay in the middle of the room. Another sound of power rang out and an equally white orb with a golden lens emerged from the ceiling like a ghost. More than anything, the orb resembled a floating eye. Without making a sound, it flew to a pile of pillows and floated lazily for a moment.

Finally, a stern electronic voice sounded as before.

"Master ... wake up, master ..."

Nothing.

"Master ... is it time to get up... Master?"

Nothing.

Another distant click. And then the sound of a trumpet shakes the whole room as if the sky is being torn apart, announcing the end of the world.

"FUCKING LAZY MASTER!!! GET THE HELL UP!" Roared an electronic voice that sounded annoyed and even louder than the divine trumpets that continued to shake the room.

"GAH!" a voice rang out from the pile of pillows and a white hand shot out, followed by the rest of the body.

The figure was human, the head was completely bald, the features were soft, and it was difficult to determine the gender. The face was smooth, almost childlike, but the fact that it wasn't human was immediately apparent when it opened its eyes. The eyes looked like oceans of stars, and the hands, flailing wildly in the air, had only four fingers.

"I'm awake! I'm awake! Stop it!" the figure shouted in a voice that sounded deeper than feminine but still said nothing.

The trumpets fell silent. The room became silent again. Perhaps except that the figure rustled softly as it moved on the pillows. But that was only for a moment before the figure sat up and looked like the king of the world.

The figure shook its head and stuck a long finger in its ears.

"Idi. You're too cruel to your master," it complained.

The orb named Idi didn't respond and instead proclaimed. "Master, you have been asleep for 100,999 thousand years, 11 months, 25 days, and 10 hours. The system has rebooted itself and restored the lost energy."

The figure looked at Idi and sighed heavily.

"Already? Time passes too quickly when you're having a good time."

"You were asleep."

"Like I said, having a good time."

"..."

"Give the report," the figure asked, waving its hand idly.

Idi moved beside it and a golden eye shone. Holographic windows materialized in front of the figure with rapidly changing data, diagrams, energy statuses, and signs that didn't look like human speech.

The figure looked at them for a moment before raising its hands and moving them rapidly in the air as if it were typing on an invisible keyboard, the data changing even faster.

"What, the reboot used up most of the power you collected? The damage seems to be greater than we thought," muttered.

Idi spoke up. "Currently, our energy is stable at 15%. Energy recovery is gradually increasing by 0.02% per year."

The figure scratched its bald head again. "I suppose that's enough to start a new project."

"Indeed, master."

The figure came to life a little, comets began to fly in the eyes that looked like a sea of stars.

"So let's start looking. Idi. Find a suitable subject to transform."

"Yes, master. I'll start searching. I'll make a list of suitable galaxies, planets, intelligent life..."

"Wake me up until..."

"NO!"

"GAH! STOP IT!"

Hello, readers. Unfortunately, I'm new to writing and have never formally studied English, so I apologize for any spelling mistakes. I want to get better and better as I write. And at the same time, I hope you will be interested in my story. I will be glad for any feedback.

12