Ch170- Shopping
52 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


 

Having forged an unexpected but deeply personal bond with Lucy, Orion's heart fluttered with a mixture of contentment and anticipation. Reluctantly leaving Lucy’s side, he made his way to meet Morgiana at the Souvenir Shops. He raised an eyebrow as he approached her; this choice seemed uncharacteristic of the energetic and fiercely active Morgiana.

They exchanged a quick hug, and he felt a hint of warmth touch of blush on her face, which seemed to deepen the hue of her vibrant eyes. Pulling back, he looked at her in mock-surprise, "Why shopping? I would've bet on you picking something that'd turn this amusement park on its head."

Rolling her eyes, Morgiana smirked, "I could say the same about you. Knowing your competitive nature, I was half-expecting you'd turn even shopping into a contest."

Orion chuckled, "Oh, challenge accepted! Let’s see who can find the quirkiest souvenir."

Morgiana's lips curled into a mischievous grin, "And who's judging what's 'quirky'?"

"Obviously, the most unbiased person here," Orion replied, pointing to himself with a mock-serious face.

She laughed, playfully shoving him. "Alright, game on!"

The sun hung low in the sky, casting long shadows as Morgiana and Orion made their way through the bustling souvenir shops. The carnival's cacophony of music, laughter, and machine noises grew softer, replaced by the clinking of trinkets and excited chatter of shoppers.

They stopped at a stall selling an array of bizarre hats. Orion grabbed a neon-colored cap with a spinning propeller and placed it on his head, striking a dramatic pose. "Well? Quirky enough?"

Morgiana snorted with laughter. "That's a strong start, but wait for this." She pulled out a hat shaped like a giant taco. Plopping it on her head, she tilted her chin up, challenging him. "Beat that."

They wandered from stall to stall, pulling out the most outlandish items they could find, from stuffed animals with overly large eyes to shirts with ridiculous sayings. Their playful rivalry had other shoppers watching with amusement.

At a jewelry stand, Morgiana spotted a necklace with a pendant shaped like a chili pepper, complete with tiny gems that made it sparkle. "For when I want to look spicy?" She quipped, holding it up.

Orion smirked, "You don't need a necklace for that."

She blushed, but the competitive gleam in her eye remained. "Nice try, but flattery won't win you this competition."

Orion sighed dramatically, "Worth a shot."

They moved on to a store selling custom keychains. Orion's eyes widened in mock horror at one shaped like a banana but with the face of a duck. "Now this," he said, holding it aloft, "is the epitome of quirk."

Morgiana laughed, her voice bright and melodious. "I think you might have just taken the lead."

Morgiana's competitive streak only grew stronger as they explored the labyrinth of stalls. She became even more determined to outdo Orion, her eyes darting from one quirky item to another, trying to top his previous find.

"How about this?" she challenged, holding up a shirt with a graphic of a potato wearing sunglasses and the caption: "Too cool to be mashed."

Orion feigned a gasp, placing a hand over his heart. "That's... actually pretty cool. But not as cool as this." He pulled out a mug designed like a boot, the handle being the boot's strap.

Morgiana arched an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at her lips. "Trying to give me the boot, are you?"

Orion chuckled, matching her teasing tone. "Well, I am trying to step up my game."

Their playful bickering continued as they sifted through eccentric items. At a stall filled with novelty sunglasses, Morgiana picked up a pair shaped like flamingos. Slipping them on, she struck a sultry pose, the pink beaks curving down her cheeks. "Thoughts?"

Orion pretended to consider, tapping his chin. "Flamingorgeous."

Morgiana snorted, almost dropping the glasses. "That was so bad it was good."

As they made their way to another section of the stalls, Morgiana caught sight of a colorful feather boa. With a devilish glint in her eyes, she wrapped it around Orion's neck, giggling at the contrasting image of his serious demeanor adorned with the vibrant feathers.

Orion chuckled, playing along. "You think this is my color?" he teased, giving the boa a dramatic flourish.

"It brings out your eyes," Morgiana replied, winking.

He leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a husky whisper. "Is that your way of saying you've been looking into my eyes?"

She bit her lip, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Maybe. Got a problem with that?"

"Not at all," Orion murmured, their faces inches apart. "I rather like the view."

The atmosphere between Morgiana and Orion grew thicker, tension intermingled with a playful undertone. Their faces mere inches apart, Orion could see the mischievous glint in her ruby-red eyes contrasting his forest green.

"Careful, Orion," Morgiana whispered, her breath teasing his lips. "I can turn even flirting into a competition."

He leaned in slightly, his voice sultry. "I revel in competition and am known for my 'quirkiness' to double it back."

Morgiana smirked, her gaze challenging. "You're on."

Drawing back a little, she suddenly picked up a sparkly tiara, placing it atop his head. "Look, now you're the king of quirky."

He looked mockingly horrified, adjusting the tiara. "Why, thank you. I shall rule my quirky kingdom with pride."

Morgiana laughed, the sound warm and genuine. "You'd make a great ruler with that feather boa and tiara combo."

"You think?" Orion responded with feigned seriousness, doing a royal wave. "I feel like I'm missing a scepter, though."

Picking up a kaleidoscope from a nearby stall, Morgiana handed it to him. "There. A quirky king needs a quirky scepter."

He twirled it, laughing. "Perfect."

Orion smirked, his eyes glinting with mischief. "Then my Queen needs to match her King, no?" Morgiana's cheeks flushed a shade of pink that rivaled the hue of her hair.

"Is that so?" she retorted, her voice laced with a playful challenge.

He stepped closer, his fingers brushing against a delicate crown adorned with faux jewels, placing it atop Morgiana's head. "It suits you," he whispered, taking a moment to admire her.

She met his gaze, trying to suppress her grin, "I see. If I'm your queen, I'll need more than just a crown, though."

Orion raised an eyebrow, a challenge accepted. He darted to another stall, pulling out a shimmering, iridescent cape. "For when you make your grand entrance," he teased, draping it over Morgiana's shoulders.

Morgiana twirled, letting the cape flutter around her. "It's perfect," she said with a dramatic sigh, placing a hand over her heart. "But I think my King is still outdressing me."

Orion pondered, his gaze flitting over the stalls. Suddenly, an idea struck him. With a devilish grin, he picked up a pair of oversized, gem-studded sunglasses. "To shield your royal eyes from the adoring masses," he quipped, handing them to her.

She slid them on, striking a pose. "Now I truly feel regal," she teased, her lips curling in a smirk.

Their playful banter continued, as they went from one stall to the next, each trying to outdo the other with the quirkiest finds. The atmosphere between them was electric, filled with playful challenges and teasing.

"I think I've found the final piece to your ensemble," Orion declared, holding up a bejeweled scepter with a rubber chicken at the top.

Morgiana burst into laughter, "That's... that's just perfect."

Taking the scepter, she swung it around, making Orion dodge. "Behave," she warned playfully, "or face the wrath of the chicken scepter!"

He chuckled, raising his hands in mock surrender. "I yield, Your Majesty."

As they continued their playful shopping spree, Morgiana found herself constantly looking at Orion, her heart fluttering. There was something about his easy-going nature, his quick wit, and his genuine interest in her that made her feel special.

She bit her lip, her thoughts racing. She knew about Orion's other relationships, and while she had no objection since girls choose him on their own, she sometimes wondered if she could accept the same. Her competitive nature would break the balance in Orion's harem.

Orion's keen observant eyes caught Morgiana's distant expression. The playful atmosphere they'd created seemed to dwindle as she got lost in her thoughts. The teasing, the banter, all faded to the backdrop as concern knitted his brows.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Orion asked, his voice a mix of jest and genuine curiosity. His familiar phrase, meant to snap her back to the present, was said with a smile.

Morgiana blinked, taken aback by the sudden attention. She smiled sheepishly, trying to dismiss her earlier pondering. "Just thinking about the next quirky item to throw your way," she quipped, though her eyes betrayed her.

Orion smirked, not buying it. "Uh-huh. Sure. The great Morgiana, lost in the vastness of quirky souvenir ideas."

She rolled her eyes, chuckling. "Alright, you got me. I was just... thinking."

"And?" He prodded, leaning in closer, his forest-green eyes twinkling with mischief.

Morgiana sighed, twirling a strand of her ruby-red hair. "About how absurdly competitive we've become over shopping. I mean, who turns souvenir hunting into a contest?"

Orion laughed, nudging her playfully. "We do, apparently. But come on, it's been fun, hasn't it?"

Morgiana nodded, her lips curving into a smile. "Definitely. And it's all thanks to you, Orion. You have this ability to turn even the mundane into something extraordinary."

His eyes softened at the compliment. "It's not just me, though. You play a part in it too. Our bickering, teasing, and playful competition – it's a dance that requires two."

She smirked, her spirit returning. "So, you're saying I'm a good dance partner?"

He winked, "The best. Now, how about we continue our shopping duel?"

Her eyes sparkled with renewed mischief. "Bring it on!"

They dove back into their playful shopping competition, each trying to outdo the other. At a nearby stall, Morgiana spotted a t-shirt that read, "My friend went to the carnival, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." Grinning, she held it up, "How's this for quirky?"

Orion feigned a yawn, "Predictable."

She raised an eyebrow, challenging him. "Oh? Let's see you do better."

He accepted her challenge, scouring the stalls before picking up a snow globe. But instead of the typical snowy scene, it had a miniature roller coaster inside. Shaking it, glittery snowflakes swirled around the tiny ride. "How's this?"

Morgiana burst into laughter, "Okay, okay, you win this round."

The afternoon sun cast long shadows as they wandered through the maze of stalls. The playful banter continued, occasionally interrupted by moments of genuine connection.

"You know," Orion began, his tone more serious, "I truly appreciate our moments together. It's a breath of fresh air. Amidst all the chaos and relationships in my life, our friendship has been a constant source of joy."

Morgiana smiled, touched by his words. "I feel the same way, Orion. While I'm aware of your other relationships, and I've no objections, our dynamic is unique. It's... refreshing."

Orion looked deep into her eyes, sincerity evident. "I cherish our bond, Morgiana. Truly."

She blushed, looking down. "Me too."

Their moment of sincerity was cut short as Morgiana spotted a stand selling an array of novelty glasses. With a glint of mischief, she grabbed a pair with spiraled eyes and placed them on Orion. "To match your dizzying charm," she teased.

He laughed, twirling her around. "And for the lady who leaves me in a spin."

4