Ch172- Pets!
50 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


 

Having parted ways with Nezuko, Orion's gaze scanned the park, searching for Ririchiyo. He remembered her mentioning her penchant for petting zoos or animal exhibits. For her, the allure lay not just in the gentle touch of furry creatures but also in the enthralling spectacle of mythical beasts. This amusement park provided just the right blend of both.

As he neared the entrance of the petting zoo, Orion could hear the distant calls of creatures, both familiar and enigmatic. With each step, the scents of hay, grass, and musk grew more pronounced.

He spotted Ririchiyo, her dark hair cascading down her back, bent over a pen. She was delicately feeding a phoenix chick, the tiny flames dancing along its feathered body. Even from a distance, Orion could see the soft affection in Ririchiyo's eyes and the gentle manner in which her fingers brushed the creature.

As Orion approached, the delicate flames of the phoenix chick seemed to glow even brighter. Their dance became more animated, casting flickers of light that shimmered against Ririchiyo's porcelain skin. The scene was almost ethereal, and he found himself momentarily captivated.

Ririchiyo, sensing his presence, turned around. Their eyes met, and a smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "Orion," she greeted, her voice soft and melodic. "I see you found me."

"Of course," Orion replied smoothly, a teasing glint in his eyes, "It's not every day you see a young lady so elegantly feeding a phoenix."

Ririchiyo chuckled, her fingers brushing a stray hair behind her ear, "It's their youthful flames that fascinate me. Full of energy and potential."

Moving closer, Orion gestured to the array of animals around them. "I must say, this isn't your typical petting zoo."

She hummed in agreement, leading him to another enclosure. Within it, a luminous creature that looked like a cross between a deer and a jellyfish floated gracefully. Its antlers sparkled like galaxies, and its translucent body gave off a soothing glow.

"An ethereal stag," Ririchiyo whispered, her voice filled with admiration. "They're said to guide lost souls in the night."

Orion glanced at her, noting the wistful tone in her voice, "Lost souls, you say? Hopefully, none around here."

She gave him a sideways glance, her lips quirking into a smile. "Perhaps just one, wandering around a petting zoo."

He chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. "Touche."

As they approached a quiet corner, they stumbled upon a creature resembling a dragon, but much smaller and without wings. Its scales reflected the light, creating a mesmerizing dance of colors.

Ririchiyo's eyes widened in awe. "A rainbow nadder! They're quite rare."

Orion, looking equally intrigued, inquired, "Is there a story behind them?"

She nodded, "Legend says they emerge only once every century, bearing good tidings."

As she spoke, the nadder slowly slithered closer to the fence, its eyes fixed on Orion. Almost instinctively, he reached out, letting the creature wind itself around his arm, the cold scales contrasting with his warm skin.

Ririchiyo watched, her eyes reflecting a mix of surprise and admiration. "Seems like it's taken a liking to you," she remarked, a hint of playfulness in her voice.

He smirked, gently stroking the creature's head. "Can't blame it, can you? After all, I am quite charming."

She snorted, trying to suppress her laughter. "So you say."

As they continued their stroll through the enclosure, a peculiar creature caught Orion's eye. It was like an oversized chinchilla, but its fur seemed to ripple with a gentle light, creating a soft shimmer with every movement.

"A lightweaver," Ririchiyo informed him, her gaze following the creature as it hopped around. "Its fur is said to capture and reflect the very essence of daylight."

Orion extended a hand, letting the creature sniff him. The lightweaver hopped onto his arm, its tiny heartbeat palpable against his skin. "It feels...warm," he muttered, watching as the creature nuzzled into his touch.

Ririchiyo's cheeks tinged pink as she watched the interaction. "They're known to bond with those who have a warm spirit."

He quirked an eyebrow, smirking, "Is that a compliment, Ririchiyo?"

She rolled her eyes, albeit with a smile, "Take it as you will."

Orion could hardly resist teasing Ririchiyo, especially given her tendency to get easily flustered. Her reactions were always genuine, never feigned, which made the experience all the more delightful for him.

"As an expert on warm spirits," Orion began, leaning closer to Ririchiyo with a sly grin, "what's your opinion on mine?"

She hesitated, her cheeks turning a delicate shade of pink. "Well, you...you certainly have a warmth to you," she stammered, "especially when surrounded by...flaming chicks and rainbow nadders."

Orion chuckled, clearly enjoying the effect he had on her. "And here I thought it was just my magnetic personality."

She shot him a faux glare, "Don't push your luck."

Their playful banter was interrupted by a loud growl emanating from a nearby pen. The creature, an amalgamation of a bear and a wolf, with scales shimmering like an opal, stared intently at them. Its eyes glowed with a soft blue hue, and its large paws twitched in anticipation.

Orion, ever the adventurer, approached cautiously. "Now this," he began, "is something you don't see every day."

Ririchiyo nodded, her fascination evident. "A moonshade prowler. They are known to be quite temperamental, especially during the daytime. It's said that their moods are influenced by the phases of the moon."

The creature growled softly, but as Orion extended his hand, it tilted its head, seemingly intrigued. A tense moment passed before the moonshade prowler nudged his palm with its snout, signaling its acceptance. Ririchiyo watched in amazement, her earlier flustered state replaced by genuine admiration.

"See? All creatures, mythical or otherwise, can't resist my charm," Orion teased, his eyes dancing with mischief.

Ririchiyo huffed, though her smile betrayed her amusement. "Or perhaps it sensed a kindred spirit in terms of...dramatics."

To Orion's amazement, the creature, the moonshade prowler, actually smirked - or at least, it seemed that way. His boisterous laughter rang out, echoing through the enclosure. "That was a good one, Ririchiyo."

But he wasn’t done. Turning back to the creature, Orion feigned a pout. "I thought you were a bro, but here you are, laughing at my expense."

The prowler responded with a snort, its blue eyes shimmering with amusement as if to say, "Funny stuff, can't help it."

Ririchiyo looked between the two, her expression a mix of surprise and amusement. "I didn't know you spoke 'prowler', Orion."

Orion shrugged, his grin cheeky. "I'm a man of many talents. And languages, it seems."

She giggled, then paused. "It's just... I've never seen anyone connect with creatures the way you do."

The playfulness in Orion's gaze softened, becoming more earnest. "Perhaps it's not so much about connecting with them, but more about understanding and respecting their essence."

Her lips parted slightly, clearly taken aback by the depth of his words. Trying to change the subject, she murmured, "There's one more creature I wanted to show you."

Leading him further into the exhibit, they stumbled upon a serene-looking pond. Floating atop the water were delicate, luminescent creatures, resembling a blend of jellyfish and lilies. Their tendrils emitted a soft glow, creating ripples of colored light that danced across the water's surface.

"Lightfloaters," Ririchiyo whispered, a note of reverence in her voice. "They're said to maintain balance in aquatic ecosystems. Watching them helps me find my own balance."

Orion leaned closer, his voice low and flirty. "Need help with that balance, Ririchiyo? Because I’m right here, ready to hold you whenever you need."

She blushed deeply, stammering, "I— well, I meant—"

He chuckled, clearly enjoying the effect he had on her. "It's okay, I understand. And I'm here to help... balance or otherwise."

She shot him a faux glare, though her flustered state betrayed her true feelings. "You're impossible."

"Yet, here you are, spending your afternoon with the impossible," he teased.

Orion couldn't help but marvel at the soft glow of the lightfloaters, their gentle luminescence casting a serene ambiance over the pond. He could sense the tranquility they brought to Ririchiyo, and it made the moment even more special.

Not one to let an opportunity slip by, he leaned closer to her, a sly grin on his face. "You know, every time you get flustered, it's absolutely cute."

Ririchiyo's eyes widened, her cheeks turning a delightful shade of pink. "I am not—"

He cut her off with a playful chuckle. "Oh, come on, don't deny it. The way your cheeks tint and you try to find the right words... It's endearing."

She huffed, attempting to maintain her composure, but Orion's teasing was making it challenging.

She snorted, pulling him closer with feigned indignation, "For that, you deserve a punishment."

With a mischievous gleam in her eye, she gripped Orion's hand and began dragging him towards another enclosure. Orion raised an eyebrow, intrigued but playing along, "Oh? And what, pray tell, is my punishment?"

Ririchiyo smirked, pointing towards the majestic creatures that lay ahead. "Unicorns," she announced grandly. "Creatures so pure, they only allow virgin women to approach them. Any male, or those with impure thoughts, will find themselves at the receiving end of a rather sharp horn."

Orion chuckled, "So you plan to have me chased around by a mythical creature? That's your grand plan?"

She nodded sagely, her voice dripping with faux seriousness, "Exactly. It's the perfect punishment for your cheekiness."

However, as they neared the creatures, the expected scenario didn't play out. Instead of being defensive or aggressive, the unicorns seemed...calm. One even trotted over to Orion, nuzzling his hand gently.

Ririchiyo's eyes widened in astonishment. She had anticipated a comical chase, perhaps even a slight stumble on Orion's part. But this? This was unexpected.

She looked at Orion, her surprise evident. "I... I didn't think..."

Orion, always quick with his comebacks, smirked, "What can I say? Maybe they sense my inner purity."

Ririchiyo chuckled, trying to suppress her laughter. "Or perhaps," she teased, a playful glint in her eyes, "you're a secret virgin maiden, Orion?"

He feigned a gasp, his hand dramatically placed over his heart. "You've found out my deepest secret, Ririchiyo. However will I face the world now?"

She giggled, the sound light and melodious, "Oh, I'm sure you'll find a way, Mr. Pure Maiden."

Orion leaned in, his voice dropping to a low, flirty tone. "You know, being chased by a unicorn might have been fun, but this? Being with you, amidst these creatures? It's magical."

She rolled her eyes but couldn't hide the soft blush that crept onto her cheeks. "Always with the smooth words, aren't you?"

He winked, "It's one of my many talents."

Orion's playful gaze was filled with mischief as he leaned closer to Ririchiyo. The afternoon sun created a soft halo around him, making his green eyes seem even more vibrant. "This proves another thing, don't you think?" he whispered, his voice filled with teasing warmth.

Ririchiyo looked at him, her gaze filled with curiosity. She tilted her head adorably, her dark locks cascading down her back. "What would that be?" she inquired, genuinely intrigued.

He inched closer, his lips brushing against her ear, sending a pleasant shiver down her spine. "You are a pure virgin too, right?" he murmured, his hot breath causing her to involuntarily shudder.

Her face turned the deepest shade of red he had seen so far. She quickly pulled back, her gaze filled with mock indignation.

She stuttered, clearly flustered, "I-I, of course I am." The moment the words slipped from her lips, her hand flew to her mouth, eyes wide with a mixture of embarrassment and surprise.

Orion pulled her into a gentle embrace, running his fingers soothingly through her dark tresses. "Sorry, Ririchiyo," he whispered, his voice soft and apologetic, "I was just teasing. It's not my place to question any of this."

In his arms, she simply nodded, finding comfort in his warmth and the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. Words weren't needed; the closeness they shared in that moment spoke volumes. Orion chuckled lightly, the vibrations of his laughter reverberating against her.

They continued their exploration, hand in hand, until they stumbled upon an exquisite flora exhibit. Vibrant flowers with petals that glowed, trees with leaves that shimmered, and luminescent vines intertwining everything created an ethereal atmosphere.

A particular plant, unlike any they'd seen before, caught their attention. At its base, it resembled a thick-trunked tree with sprawling roots, but it towered above them, culminating in a canopy of delicate, translucent blooms that gave off a soft, multicolored glow.

"An Astraflora," Ririchiyo whispered, awe evident in her voice. "Legend has it that they bloom once every decade, absorbing the magic around them to create this light."

Drawn to the plant's magnificence, they found a cozy spot beneath its canopy. The gentle glow from the Astraflora painted their faces in soft hues, creating an intimate ambiance.

Orion pulled her closer, wrapping an arm around her waist. They sat in silence, reveling in each other's company. The tranquility of the place, combined with their proximity, heightened the romantic aura around them. The world seemed to fall away, leaving just the two of them, bathed in the magical light.

Without saying a word, Ririchiyo leaned into Orion, resting her head on his shoulder. She took a deep breath, letting the unique scent of the Astraflora fill her senses.Orion instead inhaled her unique scent, enjoying the moment.

4