Ch178- Feline Vice-Manager
51 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


 

After a long day at the amusement park, Miss Robin made a swift exit, escaping just as the ambiance started to tread a line she wasn’t ready to cross with Orion. Watching her rush off, Orion chuckled to himself, a lingering heat from their conversation still palpable. He reclined back, gazing at the sky, the curious timing perplexing him.

A delicate voice cut through his musings. "Long day?"

Orion's gaze shifted and he hummed in agreement. It felt like he'd spent an eternity mingling with the girls from his class, and yet, the horizon only now hinted at nightfall. "Wait, how the hell have I spent hours with the girls, and it's still just early evening?"

Laughing, the woman replied, "The sun paused in its orbit this afternoon and then carried on as if nothing had happened. The whole world is in a frenzy, but since it was still day, we had to keep the park open. By some bizarre twist of luck, today turned out to be longer than twenty-four hours."

Orion blinked in astonishment, the weight of her words sinking in. "Luck?" he muttered, a shiver racing down his spine. He took a moment to regard the woman before him—silvery ash hair cascaded down her shoulders, eyes, an enigmatic blend of seriousness and amusement, gleaming in the twilight.

Koneko Toujou, the Vice-Manager of the Amusement Park. Orion remembered meeting her earlier that day alongside Risa, as they discussed a special arrangement for his class. The ethereal glow from the amusement park lights accentuated her graceful demeanor.

Orion smirked, a flicker of amusement in his eyes. "You know, I'd say today's 'pause' in the cosmos is pretty much tailored to my escapades." He rested his hand on his chin, a deliberate pretense. "Almost as if the universe wanted to give me some extra time."

Koneko chuckled, her gaze playful yet probing. "Maybe it's telling you not to rush, to savor every moment."

He tilted his head, intrigued. "Savor, huh? Are you suggesting I haven't been?"

Her lips quirked. "You tell me. It seems you've been quite...busy today."

Orion gasped in mock shock, his voice dripping with playful disbelief. "Miss Toujou, were you spying on me?"

Koneko leaned in, her face illuminated by the twinkle of park lights, mischief evident in her eyes. "Oh, absolutely, I was."

He blinked, taken aback by her candidness. "Well, that's rather direct of you."

Her grin broadened, and she leaned against the nearby railing, the early evening lights casting shadows over her delicate features. "Nineteen girls and one very... dedicated teacher. I must admit, I've seen you share at least a little flirtation with each of them. Some exchanges," she paused, raising an eyebrow suggestively, "went a little further. Or should I say, much further?"

Orion looked at Koneko with widened eyes. "Security cameras? Of course, I forgot about those," he murmured, smirking slightly.

"We have them for a reason," Koneko said, her gaze never leaving his. "To monitor things and...occasionally, for entertainment."

Stepping closer, he leaned in, a glint of mischief in his eyes. "So, Miss Toujou, did you enjoy the show?"

She held her ground, a faint smile playing on her lips. "Very much. My feline hormones go haywire thinking about it."

Orion chuckled, but his eyes deepened with curiosity. "Which part? My first 'entanglements' with Hinata or the second date with Winry? Or perhaps," he whispered, his voice dropping to a sultry tone, "my time with Akeno, the last date?"

Koneko gripped his waist, drawing him even closer. The scents of their perfumes mingled, creating an intoxicating blend. "All of it, though Akeno's moment was...enticing. But don’t get too flattered. You weren't the only interesting thing happening today."

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? You had me under surveillance, and I didn't even notice. Makes me wonder what else I might've missed."

"Perhaps," she said, voice softening, "you missed the fact that amidst all the chaos and fun, someone had her eyes fixed on you. Always watching, always curious."

Orion's gaze darkened, intrigued. "And who might that be?"

Koneko's smile was enigmatic. "Take a wild guess."

He leaned even closer, their faces inches apart. "Am I looking at her right now?"

She didn't answer, her eyes focused on his lips. The moment was thick with tension, their heartbeats syncing in the quiet lull.

"Koneko," he whispered, brushing his thumb against her cheek, "I may have been preoccupied, but trust me, I noticed you. Every time our eyes met, every fleeting glance, every lingering stare."

The corners of her mouth twitched upwards. "Oh, you noticed? Guess I wasn’t as discreet as I thought."

"No," he said with a soft chuckle, "you weren't. Or perhaps, you wanted me to see you?"

She almost purred in delight as Orion got even closer, their lips only inches apart, their breaths mixed. Her hormones were already going crazy by his scent, so she just snatched his lips.

“Mmm, Orion…” she breathed out, pulling back slightly, her face flushed. The setting sun's rays filtered through the nearby trees, casting a rosy hue over her cheeks.

He smirked, his thumb caressing her jawline. "Seems like you were waiting for that."

She feigned shock, her hand going to her chest dramatically. "Me? Why would you think that?"

He tilted his head, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "Oh, come on. The way you've been looking at me today, it's pretty evident."

Koneko's lips curved into a teasing smile. “Is that a challenge, Mr. Orion? If you think I’m easy to read, then maybe I should change my tactics.”

Orion chuckled, playfully nudging her shoulder. "Oh? Like flirting with me, while fully aware of my many... interactions today?"

She laughed, the sound melodious. "It's only fair. You had your fun; now it's my turn."

He shook his head, a hint of mock disapproval evident. "And here I was, thinking the Vice-Manager of the park was all about professionalism."

Koneko stepped closer, her fingers brushing against his shirt, tracing small circles. "Oh, I am. Just… not always."

He glanced down at her fingers, then back into her eyes, "Missed a chance there, didn’t you? To have me all to yourself."

She smirked. “Maybe I like a challenge. Watching you with others, and especially the last one... It made things more... interesting.”

Orion raised an eyebrow, "You know, with your statement, I'm tempted to think you're more daring than all of them."

Koneko leaned in, her breath warm against his ear. “Maybe I am. Or maybe,” she whispered, “I just like the thrill of the chase.”

Orion chuckled as he ruffled Koneko’s silver hair and planted a chaste kiss on her lips. "Truly a feline." He grinned, "Good thing I love kitties." And with that, he turned, starting to walk away, leaving a grinning Koneko alone.

5