Ch.1 Beginning After The End
271 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up with a gasp I felt the cold hard ground on my back. The last thing I remember was flying through my car's windshield off the side of a cliff after that everything went dark and now, I'm here laying on the ground of what seems to be an alley definitely different than the mountainous scenery that had surrounded me before. It was hard to believe, did I die? No that's not it I'm still breathing though my head is killing me.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from the entrance of the alley.  I quickly got on my feet to greet my new guest.

"Excuse me sir do you mind telling me which city this is?" I asked.

"You must be lost… you happen to be in Gotham"

"Oh, Gotham… wait what!?"

"Now give me all your cash," the man said whipping out a gun and pointing it at me-

"What the fuck!?"

"Hurry up!"

'Ok think fast there must be a way to get out of this'

And just when I was wishing I was anywhere but here suddenly the air around me distorted and now I was standing on the edge of a building overlooking the city. Stumbling backward I realize d that had just teleported.

"Ok now how am I going to get down"

….

A few tries later I finally made it back on solid ground. After struggling to find a person who didn't immediately tell me to go fuck myself the second, I tried to talk to them. I was guided to the address that was listed on my ID. Entering the apartment there was no sign of people. In the small two-bedroom room apartment. Looking around at the decor my eyes landed on a framed family photo which must be this body's parents and the person whose body I now possessed. Suddenly unfamiliar memories bloomed in my head. Confirming the facts that I had been trying to avoid since my encounter in the alley. I had transmigrated into the DC universe and worse I was a resident of arguably one the worst cities that I could possibly live in.

My situation wasn't a hopeless one, I wasn't sure how but I seem to have awakened the ability to teleport. Maybe this was a part of my new life starter package. And I was grateful to whatever ROB that bestowed me with this gift. With it, I could achieve my dream that hadn't been able to in my previous life to be truly free. Burying my intense emotions, I made my way to the bathroom where I stripped off my clothes to get my first real look at myself. I had a thin but athletic build I was taller the average a little over 6 feet slightly curly black hair that framed a face that no one could say wasn't good looking and distinctive violet-colored eyes that looked like two amethysts. This was the body of Alex Vandra, this was my new self.

The first thing I had to do was get information about my new world. I knew from my memories that I was an orphan with my father having died during my childhood and my mother dying 6 months prior to my transmigration. My previous self had struggled to survive with what was left of his parents' savings but was a week away from being evicted. this led my previous self to take his own life partially out of depression and also to grasp some control over his life by ending it on his own terms.

The first thing I did was grab the ancient-looking laptop and start researching information about this world specifically about superheroes and villains. The Justice League was a well-known group apparently coming together seven years prior in 2003 to repel the Appellaxians' invasion. The base of operations was the satellite named the watch tower which matched up with the information I already knew. I continued to do more specific research on certain heroes and villains. Taking note of any extraterrestrial activity. Finally, make a somewhat rough plan I decided to use the rest of the night to get a handle on my new powers. I only had a week to come up with enough money to keep myself from getting kicked out into the streets and the clock was already ticking.

By the time morning came I somewhat had a hang of my powers. As long as I can either visualize the place, I can jump to it seemingly without limit. The only restriction seems to be when taking things with you when jumping the heavier the thing is the more strain it puts on me. I think if I practice I can up the weight limit it'll take time, but for now it's enough. First, I need a disguise because I don't think a medical mask and a hoodie is going to cut it for what I have planned. Fortunately, I don't have to go to school for a while because it's spring break.

I woke up in the afternoon ate something and began researching the easiest target. And bought an outfit that could conceal my identity. Finally, the next night I was ready I had already cased the bank I was going after I was currently standing on a rooftop with a good view of the city. I was currently wearing a black body suit black shorts a black hoodie, and a black face mask. I truly felt like some kind of modern ninja dressed in street-wear. I took a deep breath and visualized the inside of the bank and with a blink of an eye I disappeared and reappeared inside the vault. Without hesitation I began stuffing duffle bags with the money, I continued that until I was down to the last bag when suddenly I felt I wasn't alone.

"You're a little late" I called out to seemingly no one. Suddenly a woman dressed in all black and a goggled cat mask slowly emerged from the that's shadows.

"So it seems... that's unfortunate," the woman I identified as a Catwoman said as she circled me.

"I don't recognize you, you must be new"

"You're quite perceptive… I didn't think cash was your thing I thought you preferred things with a bit of shine to them"

"It's all money at the end of the day"

"True…well how about this I give you half of what I took and you do two favors for me"

"What favors?"

"First you introduce me to someone who deals in tech, second introduce me to a martial arts instructor since I'm new I don't have many connections"

"You seem to be doing fine on your own"

"I'm not so blind that I can't see where I need to improve"

"Hmm ok deal"

"Alright I'll give you half your cut now and the other half after the introductions"

"What you don't trust me?"

"I don't trust anyone"

After I gave her, her cut of the money I saved her number into my burner phone. Waiting for her to leave before teleporting back to my apartment. I didn't want to reveal all my cards just yet.

10