19. Arrived
446 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was only a few minutes later of testing that I found out the rules of this illusion/ defensive formation. Once a person or a creature finds themselves close to it, the form generates an enemy that would look threatening, and if they still haven't left the area, they would be attacked, causing a non-serious injury that could be healed easily in a few weeks.

But since I have been fighting the generated enemy for a few hours now, It was increasing the amount of damage it was dealing to me, but thanks to my metal body I was hardly affected. Moreover, as I walked in a specific 'direction', its attacks get aggressive and more destructive, but once I move from that 'direction', it will revert to its low-power mode. This 'direction' was probably where the Einahrt Academy was located.

Now the question was, how can I move past this unkillable enemy, that will get more destructive in its attacks the moment I get close to my destination? The answer...I had zero idea how to answer that question.

So, I just continued fighting the wolf, dodging its more damaging attacks, testing to see what will happen once I land a blow with my crystal vision eyes. Yet no matter how sneaky I acted, how many times I gave an opening to try to hit it in return, it would always evade my attack, my claws passing a millimeter past its real-looking fur hide.

Boom!! BOOM!! BOOM!!

"FUCK YOU!! DIE DIE DIE!!!" I couldn't take this shit anymore, my patience running thin after another hour of back and forth. Our fight destroyed more and more trees, causing craters to form with the high-speed movement we did just to hit each other.

'This isn't working, I have to come up with something.' I changed course, going in the direction the wolf made the least aggressiveness and hesitance to follow me around, unlike the other directions where it gets overpowered and deadly.

Once I was sure it wasn't following me, I blobbed to the ground under a tree, my mind utterly exhausted. Though it was frustrating being unable to land an attack even once, I felt some of my pent-up aggression and frustration from that time get released. though I wish there was something to punch and claw on. Those thugs didn't count since they just increased my rage- no aggressiveness, I didn't like the word rage, it was too edgy in my eyes.

I will die from embarrassment if I used such edgy words. So I tried my best to remain calm and sound-minded. 

….

'I will rip apart those bastards that caused me to experience this feeling of regret and helplessness, that I swear on my life.' Now that I had some alone time, the memories of getting beaten up by the beast-man and the mechanical hand guy kept replaying in my mind, and the worst part was the smiling face of the old man in his final moments. It stung the most.

BANG!! 

I punched the tree beside me, causing it to shake violently, its leaves dropping all around me. I looked at the sky, laying on my back, trying to stop thinking and just enjoy looking at the afternoon sun. At least I don't have to worry about the heat of the sun or the sting of a bug or insect. One of which was just buzzing around in front of my eyes. It looked like a generic ordinary bug. 

I switched to my 360-crystal eyes vision, trying to see all the small details of this bug. I always wondered what those tiny bugs looked like up close and in 8k vision. Well now I know, it's ugly. 

Just as I was about to switch back to the normal vision, I noticed the leaves falling, there was nothing wrong with them. But it got me thinking of something I have missed. 

'I saw the energy the wolf was made from, the energy surrounded all the directions, but it was mainly close to the ground.' I stood up, an idea emerging in my head. I looked at my surroundings and the distance where a clearing was visible. It was where the battle happened just a few minutes ago.

I run through the forest on the perimeter of the defense formation, calculating my distance and when the wolf would appear to confront me. Finally ready, I chose a location where there was a continuous stretch of trees deep into the direction that the wolf protected. Taking a deep breath, I climbed a big tree near me, my front claws digging deep into the bark to drag my heavy body into one of the bigger thick branches.

Once there, I steadied my form, trying to get used to walking on tree branches. Eventually, I decided to do a test run before I commit the foolish idea I'm trying to do. I run in the opposite direction to my destination, Jumping from tree branch to tree branch slowly at first, before I slowly increased my speed, and after half an hour, I was good enough to run well on the tree branches.

Not wanting to continue wasting time, I readied myself, before jumping and leaping from tree to tree in the direction of the Einhart Academy. After passing the border, the wolf appeared in my path, growling as usual, but it wasn't able to reach me, only able to jump to a huge distance before it fell back to the ground.

Seeing my opportunity and not wanting to give more time before this formation makes a counterattack, I run with all I could, reaching closer than I ever reached before. But my victory was short-lived. I saw the wolf a few kilometers away, now it was huge, able to reach the branches with its claws easily, and this time it was mad, giving what I could only say was a bloodthirsty look.

'This bastard sure is advanced.' I didn't care what it looked like, no one would stop me from reaching this fucking academy today.

I remained calm, as I got closer and closer to the howling and snarling giant wolf, just as it was swiping its humongous claws at me, I jumped as high as I could, about 40 meters from the ground. I activated my escape spell, my bushy metal tail transforming into a jet boost propeller as intense winds in a jet stream flew me through the sky at a ridiculous pace.

'HAHAHA!! SEE IF YOU CAN STOP ME NOW YOU STUPID WOLF!!" I screamed happily, at last, I could escape the annoying formation. 

As I watched the passing of trees with my partial flight, I noticed a white beam of light rising from the ground, but before I could react I was already hit, messing up my straight flight path as I toppled to the ground.

'For fucks sake!!' I quickly deactivated my tail spell, reducing the extreme spinning of my uncontrolled descent. Just as I wanted to adjust my falling to activate the tail spell and fly again, another beam of light hit me, causing my descent to become chaotic again.

BOOM!! 

My metal body hit the ground like a brick, forming a crater. I was done for. My metal body began falling apart entirely, my legs which were already weak and deformed were crushed like a paste, making me unable to walk. My left side of the chest was dented to the extreme, crushing the delicate machinery behind it.

'Guess now I know why anything flying that crashes destroys the flying thing.' My mana crystals were running dry after all these weeks, and my body was unresponsive. I was about to just give up and fall asleep from pure mental exhaustion when I heard voices in close vicinity.

"Wow! I can't believe we shot down that weird creature so easily." said the voice of a male.

"Stupid, don't let your guard down so easily, any normal creature shouldn't be this close to the academy." This one is a female voice.

I stayed silent, barely keeping myself awake. Just a few seconds later, 2 people wearing green robes emerged behind trees, looking carefully at his destroyed body.

"Huh? Why is this creature a metal?" The male student asked.

"I don't know, maybe it's a scout puppet sent by enemies. We have to inform the others." The female student took out an item shaped like a compass but it had a crystal at its core. She tapped on a few buttons, closing and putting it away.

The male student came close to the crushed metal body, kicking a few parts away, as he looked carefully at the head and chest of the body. The female student caught the hem of the male student's robes, dragging him away from the area.

'Hey!! let go!!" The male student complained but he was unable to escape from her grasp.

"Are you an idiot? what if it explodes in your face if you touch any sensitive area, I have sent what happened and our coordinates, we have to stay clear of this area, unless you wanna step into your grave." She gave a stern look at the male student, wondering how he could even get this job where being cautious and careful was a big part of the job.

 

18