30. Prowler
421 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Hehe.. hehehe.. hehehahahahah.. HAHAHAHAHAHAH...  I did it!! I can't believe I made it all on my own!!' I looked at all the hard work I did to construct a body more superior than ever before. I haven't thought it would be easy and difficult at the same time.

Thanks to the notebook, my work has been easier than I expected, the details, the instructions, and the sketches were all top-notch, it was like it was made for me. It probably was.

It has been 8 days, and Audra still hasn't come back. I was starting to worry since no one was even coming to check on her. I wanted to go out and check the situation outside since I barely heard anything inside but I was too absorbed in experimenting and creating a body that I could be satisfied with, for now at least.

Thankfully everything I needed could be found in this huge room, now strewn with leftover stuff and generally messy things. Every material described in the notebook could be found as well, even though the notebook stated some of the materials were expensive. This included a huge variety of mana crystals, even those I suspect are elemental ones based on the color and energy they release.

I took a step, my feet thudding heavily against the floor thanks to all my weight. In front of me was a mirror, reflecting the body I worked hard on. It might not have been as artistic as the old man, but it was beautiful to me, especially when I know the kind of things it was capable of.

Standing at 9ft tall, the outer frame was mostly a mixture of silver, black and slight gold for the arm plates and legs. The body I made was humanoid and was a werewolf-like in stature, my huge and slightly hunched back was filled with 12 huge, long, and powerful arms or tentacles capable of reaching and extending up to 5 meters.

They can be used for any situation, such as slicing, griping, or ripping, crafting tools, and other exotic functions such as a grappling cable with a long steel cable I made the arms or tentacles as versatile as possible.

Then there are the main arms, which had normal fingers for normal stuff. But the gold forearms hid three huge metal claws for each arm, that could rip apart thin metals like butter, and inch deep with a little more difficulty, and that's without being reinforced by the spells I carved on them. 

I could use my arms along with my legs to run like a werewolf, giving me incredible speed, at least as much as this room allows. My legs weren't just legs as well, I designed them to give me an extreme force for running and jumping, and as a secret surprise, they had retractable blades on the shin that I could hopefully cut an unsuspecting bastard's legs or torso with.  

My craziness didn't end there, My chest was where my brain core- that sadly I wasn't able to make a new version of, at least not yet- along with 6 mana batteries powered and maintained a huge number of spells that I delicately inscribed on the inner metal plates, it was the most difficult part, taking a total of 3 days by itself.

Most of the spells were there to maintain and function the huge and complex body I built, while the few remaining were defense spells, along with 2 attack spells, that is each powered by their elemental mana crystals, that I particularly found useful to be used in complex situations.  

Lastly, there was one last offense spell, that I chose as an O.K attack, one that deals the most damage when used. If I tried this inside, it would blow up the whole building. The old man's notebook stated that this attack should only be used as a last resort when you have nothing more to throw at your enemies. 

I inspected my body carefully, If I knew I was this talented at making toys-murderous ones-, I should have specialized in it in my previous world. 

"With this, I don't have to worry about powerful enemies, at least those I can handle, I hope." Looking around the messy room, filled with failed bodies of different designs some beastly, others, imitating more human features. The form I settled on might be called humanoid, but it wasn't even close to being called a human.

My crystal eyes were still there, but besides them and a circle-shaped mouth that could shoot out an extremely sharp and thick spear or needle to be exact, it was blank, I didn't have a nose or ears, the ear spell inscribed deeper into the sides of my head.

My body was like a mix of horror and cool robot. I did cool and menacing poses in front of the mirror, practicing intimidation tactics. I liked the pose of looming over people the most. I could directly penetrate their heads with my needle mouth, rip them apart with my huge retractable claws from my forearms, or slice them with my arm tentacles in the form of swords and pierce them with my spear ones.

The amount of times I could kill them easily is the most safety net I could ask for in this world. I might be overreacting but preparedness never hurt anyone.

'Should I go out now? I'm starting to worry about the happenings going on outside.' This room had a good soundproof system since I haven't been able to hear anything outside of it. And the other way must also be the same if no one came to check the intense noises I was making.

'When she said she will go for a while, I haven't expected she would be gone for 8 days straight...' 

No matter how I think about this, something fishy is going on here. I walked to the door, feeling uncomfortable with the huge weight my body had, I gave a signal, and some spells began to draw power from the four general mana batteries to lighten the metals, allowing me to have a weight I could comfortably work with. 

Opening the tightly shut door, it wasn't locked thankfully, and I peeked outside, immediately getting alert. The wall in front of me was destroyed, allowing me to see the outside of what was once a peaceful and calm grassy bush paradise smoking with raging fires and deep pits. 

"What the hell!? What happened here!?"

--- --- 

Eight days ago

Audra had just come out of the meeting and was heading back to the crafting hall, wanting to finish a last piece of work before she began backing and preparing to leave this area of the continent for a while. Whenever Dark mages were involved, things went out of control, things she didn't want to deal with.

Just as she was walking normally enjoying the night breeze, she felt a powerful attack directly come at her. She didn't move, her gloves glowing slightly as a shield formed around her.

Boom!

The attack was just some boulder thrown at her, her shield shattering it on impact to tiny pieces. She kept her eyes trained on where it came from, seeing 3 figures arriving and surrounding her in mysterious ways. 

One just appeared out of thin air, one dug from the ground, and one floated from somewhere. The 3 figures were covered in dark robes from head to toe, standing in a triangle formation, Audra in their center.

"You bastards sure are reckless and without restraint, directly attacking one of the teachers like this." Audra maintained a cool expression but she cursed internally. She didn't want to fight anyone, especially these annoying and hard-to-handle guys that couldn't be get ridden off easily. 

"Thanks for the compliment, but I would like it if you surrendered and come with us without struggling. It would make our job way easier for you and us, I promise." The figure that appeared from thin air said, standing in front of her.

"Me? Why would you be interested in me? surely the other more powerful teachers would be good for whatever plans you have for yourselves." 

"We don't care about those useless and weak trash, you on the other hand could serve as a valuable resource that would help speed our plans by a large margin. You will be extremely compensated if you accept our offer." said the figure again, the other 2 figures strangely quiet.

"If I don't?" asked Audra with a frown.

"It doesn't make a difference, you will still work for us, just without any of the benefits." This time, the figure had a sinister tone. 

6