Side story: Zantine Myths I
1k 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Even though this side story won't have any impact on the main plot, I do believe that it will add a lot more flavour and nuance to the story as our main characters travel in the Zantine Kingdom. 

"Father? Can you say that story again?" 

"Honey it's already late.. you need to go to bed. Tomorrow is a big day for the family. Plowing the fields and"

"I know Father, I will make sure to work my hardest tomorrow, don't you worry. Pretty please~~"

Looking at those puppy eyes, the father could no longer resist as he sat down next to his sons bed and began tlling the tales, of a time long gone. The myths of the Empire of Amor!

"Before the calendar we follow today... at a time were magic was being explored and the city-state ruled all over the lands. In this place 4 princes were living in the city-state of Ramona.They were close together, their brotherly bonds so tight that no one could brake them apart. They played and raced and competed together. Always, never alone. Their mothers weren't so kind to each other, and their bonds were threatend numerous times. but they held strong. They were all smart kids once they grew up they decided to do something about this situation.

And the years passed by, the first born son, Rominus, once he was old enough decided to join the army and earn expirience as a general. The second born, Ondre decided that he wanted to become an engineer and help the city improve it's facilities for the people. The third born, Marianus Went away, as he journeyed the world as a merchant, aiming to become one day bring the wealth of the World to Ramona. The youngest of the Four, Adolfus seemed as if he strayed from the promise the four made as he joined the politics of the city and aimed to become the Executive magistrate of Ramona. 

The brothers went their own ways, they didn't mess with one another. They all accomplished great things. The years passed and many things had changed. In the years that passed the beloved mother of Rominus died. The first lady was said to have died of stress about her son. But everyone new the truth as the ongoing enmity between the fourth lady and the other three mothers was extremely well known. After the assassination of the First lady the Imaged of the Fourth prince became weird. The people thought he was the one who ordered the murder. But not only that had happened, The second lady was exiled, there was no significant cause given, only a vague explenation. Ondre was outraged and he rampaged straight to the senate as he went face to face against Adolfus. The heated argument that ensued rocked the foundations of the city as the populace was divided. Adolfus this time around as well swore that he had nothing to do with it.

After that, as would be expected right when the third son had returned to the city after 20 years, because he had heard the news and he was worried he came back only to be devasted. All four brothers were back in the city and this time they were present to watch the public humiliation of the third lady, as she was accused of whoring herself to lowly plebians in the theaters of the city. 

The last drop had fallen, that was the last straw. Seeing his mother being shamed like that Marianus broke and he stromed in with his hired mercenaries and slaughter his way to the stand as he freed his mother from her shackles and he marched out of the city, announcing 

"Wait For me Adolfus! I Will exact my vengance for this HUMILIATION!" Screamed Marianus As he left the city cradling his weaping mother in his arms. 

It wasn't long after the the inevitable happened. Rominus, as the only great General of Ramona organized his most trusted troops. this Rebelious army Was given incredible siege weapons and equipment payed for by the incredibly wealthy Marianus and they were created by the world wide known Genius inventor Ondre. 

On a rainy night, This army solemnly marched towards the city walls. The walls were non-stop barraged by trebuchets and scorpions as the city guards were completely defenceless. They couldn't and they wouldn't retaliate. All of these people lives were saved by the brilliant Rominus once and they wouldn't turn their back in him.

"Please open the gate! I don't want to kill anymore of you!" Rominus shouted till his voice went hoarse. but the soldiers didn't respond. They couldn't for even if their beloved general was begging them he was currently the enemy and they need to protect the city. It was their family, their whole world.

The gates eventually broke down and the Rebelious army marched in. Once they finally reached the Executive Magistrate's palace, without meeting any resistance, they saw something that almost broke their hearts. The people of this city were there. With the weapons that Ondre created and on their waists everyone had a bag full of gold that Marianus had donated. What ensued was never mentioned in any of the records left behind. But the massacre was not hard to imagine. With their hearts shattered, iin tears and with heavy steps the soldiers that were still alive were sent to save any injured that were still alive and do damage control. 

As the three brothers walked slowly towards the main dinning room, thy slowly dropped their armour and swords down, they knew that there would be no fighting from here on and even if there were they wouldn't fight. Opening the grandiouse doors of their most treasured place in the whole wide world they saw their brother Adolfus. He was just sitting their, on his old seat with plates on the table filled with food All shorts of deliacies filled their eyes. He waved with his hand for them to sit down. The other three sat down. By know they were all 50 years of age.All the things they had lived throught had taken their tall on the bodies of the once stout, strong men. their har was white and their teeth were falling. Hairs had started growing in their ears for a while now. Their Vigour now gone. They stood there in silence. 

Adolfus picked up a golden goblet filled with some red liquid. Their father always used to do that, every time they all gathered together.

"My dear brothers. Maybe you hate me, resent me, detest me, want to kill me and humiliate me. Tosh me in the trash were I belong, destroy me and torture me for not only ruining your mothers but for also forcing so many civilians and beloved suboardinates to their deaths. But I love you. I always have, and always will. I never betrayed you....never. You.....just didn't listen." Finishing his words he downed the liquid in his goblet. Put the empty Goblet down and waited with closed eyes and tears rolling down his eyes. His face started to turn red, and then blue and then purple, the colours changing fatser and faster till..... Adolfus's hands dropped down lifeless. The other three were shocked, they thought he was simply drinking whine. But instead he drank poison?

At that moment Armed Soldiers wearing advanced full plated armour marched into the Dinnign room. An old Butler with a scholarly feel rolled down a papyrus and announced in a slow and calm voice. "The Hereby dead Adolfus Ramona, Former Executive Magistrate, Gives his last few orders. His title is to be passed on to his brothers, equally. H Adolfus Ramon is to be exiled for Coruption but before that his body will have to be publicly shamed in the main Plaza until someone runs inand takes his body away to burry outside the walls of this city."

The butler bowed down to the new rulers of the City and said. "Your excellences, if you would, please head towards that door in the back." 

As he said that he pointed towards a small door in the back of the room that didn't use to be there. The three got up feeling so overwhelemed by the things that had just transpired that they couldn't even think straight. They walked towards the door were it slid open. A path lit with torches heading down wards appeared. They looked at the butler and seeing him nod they started heading down. After walking for more thsn 15 minutes the small and tight,dark path, suddenly opened up and gave way for a huge room That was lit up as if the sun was in there, giving off it's brilliant light. The three stood side by side as they waited for their pupils to adjust, and once they did all looked around. They then looked at eachother and then they broke down. They hit the floor screaming and cursing the gods. asking and begging for forgiveness. PLeading to have their sweet brother back. 

""PLEASE LET US GO BACK!""" they screeched till their voices stopped coming out and their vocal cords tore apart. 

Days later after they left that secret vault, almost dead, famished and dehidrated. They gathered the people, Ordered a statue to be built, in the Image of the four. And renamed this city as Amor."

 

" That is how the Empire of Amor started, with the tragic tale that was born from the fickleness of humanity. At least that is the story I know of. Who knows what lies those monkeys up in the mortal realm have spread.." 

{Chuckle!!}

12