Chapter 1-12: Blood manipulation
730 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexei kept walking for hours. He didn't stop simply because he didn't feel the need to. His strength was recuperating even while he was walking. The forest was thinning out and the calm that it previously had seemed to have returned as the chaotic rampage of thousands of animals had stopped. Seeing the disaster level foul beast disappear the animals returned to their territories if they were still intact and those that had no place to return to fought for a new one. Many of them died and became fertilizer for the dirt while others won and became kings of new places while kicking out the defeated... that is how it was in the animal kingdom though. Most of the time even in human society that is what happened. The strong came and beat the weak to the ground, and then they kicked out the weak to fend for themselves while they reaped the benefits of the land the weak had cultivated.

 

Night was drawing near as the sun was sarting to set and the sky took it's usual beautiful red colour. Alexei kept walking, through-out the day. carrying Silveta and also healing his injuries from the residual energy of the ape's body. After that run out he had to recupurate the damages on his muscles himself. It was now after so many hours of walking that Alexei finally managed to get out of the forest. He looked upon the plains of grass. The village in the distance, the little dirt path and the fields of wheat. They all looked so beautiful, majestic and enchanting. He stood there for a few minutes, admiring nature's beauty, Something he didn't have the time nor the energy to do from the time he came to this world.

He looked at Silveta on his back.

'Beautiful even when unconcsious....tch~'

He then kept on walking. He didn't really look like a human but at this point his sking had some red on, his hair had grown down below his shoulders and his claws ha retracted, becoming normal nails. If someone looked at him in the light directly then they would know he wasn't human right away. Or at least have a inkling that something was wrong. So he decided now that it was night he would find shelter in one of the barns and stables in the village. Picking up gis pace Alexei quickly reached the furthermost cottage from the village. He looked around an ddidn't see any lights inside the Main house. He still veered away from it as he didn't think it was a good idea to barge into their house when they were probably there. 

He went behind the house and jumped through the window of the Warehouse on the second floor and landed safely on the would, luckily right next to the few bags that were placed on the second floor. Alexei looked around. Most of the farmre's stuff was put in the first floor and the second was much more empty, he found a place with big enough room, he placed Silveta down after using some straws and bags as a makeshift matress and pillow, even though they were hard. Settling Silveta down he also sat down cross legged and closed his eyes. He didn't really sleep even though he could enter that state if he wanted to but currently he much prefered to see if the power he used as a last struggle against the ape is still in his control. He closed his eyes an felt. He concentrated, looked inwards. He didn't know the official way to use blood magic but that didn't relly matter. He can poke around and go with what seems logical, if that doesn't work then try something else, is what Alexei thought. 

After more than ten minutes of silent concentration Alexei started to feel something. He could somehow sense the blood that was slowly flowing in his body. His heart that beat only once every minute, his cells absorbing tht blood. He did find it weird that from an undead he went to being alive again but it was somehow different. It seemed he didn't only need the blood to carry oxegen but also for something else. Maybe something it also carried or for something that was in it but he coud almost feel his cells eating something. It was a weird sensetaion but he didn't think about it more than that as he went back to simply feeling his blood. He suddenly shot his eyes open. raise his arms wide and high, he imagined strongly blood from somewhere gathering and converging in the middle of his outstreched hands in the air. And that is when he felt it. From somewhere near or inside his heart he felt something move. It started of slow but eventually it got faster and then went out of his body through his skin, without Alexei actually feeling it, it gathered where he had willed it to. Then Alexei still concentrated he brought it and his arms closer to himself. He then placed both hands below the small wobbly ball of blood in order to cath it if it fell. He then started trying to do what he thought would be good training. He tried to manipulate the blood in order to make it take the shape of a stable circle. One that didn't distort all the time. 

If only he knew that Beginer blood mages didn't dareto try such a thung when they begin their training. Instead of making it completely obey them and not shake around and change shapes as if agitated they trained in moving it around at different speeds. after that they tried making it pointy and do damage to some soft parts of the human body like eyes. The exercise that Alexei was doing not only required advanced control over the blood, but it also demanded extreme control over ones will, imagination and thoughts.

And just like that Alexei passed his first calm night in a while. Completely absorbed by the task he set himself on.

12