The hunt for the criminal, 18.
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was ending at the Hungry Comet. “Getting ready to go home,” Pierre decided to follow his sweet robot's advice and dedicate himself to his studies. He wanted to be strong and brilliant, just like the connection he felt with Mrs. Peyton made him feel. She was like a mother to him, always giving good advice.

He wanted to go to a galactic academy and learn everything he could about the future. That's when Pierre decided to venture out, piloting a small flying transport, something he had never done before.

When he arrived at Nexus, Pierre was amazed by the Leaf Station, which was in full bloom. The maple vegetation bloomed in red and gold, attracting tourists from all over the Zerg galaxy. He loved the bright beginnings of the season and the different hues that combined to make the whole world shiny and new.

Pierre then drove the transport towards the open part of the road, laughing as the images outside blurred due to the excessive speed. He threw his hair back, feeling alive and young, as if the whole world was his. The sun was rising on the horizon, making a bright trail in front of him as he turned the flying transport and drove it forward into the infinite.

However, in the next moment, there was a horrible scraping sound, followed by an equally horrible jolt that shook Pierre's transport. He cursed, irritated by the unexpected event. It was another vehicle he had not seen due to the morning sun's glare that blinded him for just a few seconds.

While Pierre was getting ready to get out of his flying transport and try to explain the situation to the owner of the other vehicle, a third flying vehicle appeared on the scene at high speed. Pierre realized that this vehicle was in pursuit, and before he could do anything, the vehicle attacked the other with a laser beam.

Pierre quickly activated his Hungry Comet uniform bracelet to protect himself from the exposure of his image. He wasn't interested in getting involved in someone else's problem. And for the first time, he defended himself as a wizard, creating an illusory mist to conceal his flying transport and identity. With his sharp mind, he performed a mental counterattack, clearing his image from the minds of the involved beings.

A laser exchange began, causing rocks around to explode into small pieces and creating a chaotic scene of lights and smoke. Stepping away, Pierre saw in the distance the explosion of a ball of fire and debris.

Pierre arrived home scared. He put the flying transport back into the cryptorock, aware that it had a dent on the side where it hit the other small flying craft. His old transport, used at the Staudan residence, was resilient. It didn't seem to be affected much by the collision.

Despite feeling that his performance as a mage protected him for the first time, Pierre couldn't help the confusion and guilt of being involuntarily involved in the pursuit. Pierre couldn't stop thinking about the confrontation he witnessed, but strangely there was no news about the incident.

It appears that someone important has cleaned up the entire scene, and Pierre wonders who could be behind it and what the motive could be for keeping the situation a secret.

For Pierre, millions of light-years of distance are not enough for transparency to prevail, as power still dictates the rules.

In another place...

The Duke of Sologard, Zimmer Sommerfeld, watched his friend Mash Heshir, the Count Zerg of Marshler, who lay gravely injured in the treatment center after an unexpected attack. Zimmer and Mash fought together in the war against the Orcs and then joined forces in the Zerg galaxy to promote peace through the Galactic Council, mediated by the powerful Dragons.

Although more than four decades had passed since the war, there was still resistance from both sides. Zimmer thought about how things were still complicated and how the pursuit of peace was constant.

He wondered if the Zerg galaxy and its inhabitants were ready to face the difficulties that still lay ahead, or if peace was an illusion.

Zimmer Sommerfeld, the proud Zerg marshal, led his troops with skill and intelligence for many years during the war. But with the end of the conflict, the Zerg galaxy evolved exponentially in all areas, especially in technology, culture, and stellar construction.

Currently, the Zerg galaxy is capable of producing giant starships, galactic cruisers, and even gigantic combat mech robots that can destroy entire planets. In addition, the pursuit of genetic perfection remains an important focus for the Zergs, who have become even more distinct and evolved.

With the advanced technology of the Zergs, in the future, traveling to other galaxies will be like crossing from one place to another with dimensional portals, allowing the expansion of their influence throughout the known universe.

In a few decades, the Zergs have evolved to such an extent that only the powerful Dragons are above them, at least for now. Zimmer thought about the possibility of the Zergs surpassing the Dragons in decades or a few centuries in terms of power and influence in the galaxy.

Zimmer Sommerfeld, the Duke of Sologard, walked down the corridor of the recovery center where his friend, the Count Zerg of Marshler, was being treated after an attack.

Upon entering the room, Zimmer asked for immediate treatment orders for Mash Heshir.

Zimmer then asked about Mash's recovery time and suggested he be placed in a reconstruction medical pod, which could accelerate physical restoration by up to 24 hours.

The next day, Zimmer returned to visit his friend, Count Mash. He found him sitting on the bed, reading a report on the attack.

“How are you feeling?” asked Zimmer.

“Better, thank you,” replied Mash. “But I still don't remember everything that happened.”

Mash explained that he was chased by criminals and there was a shootout. Curious, Zimmer asked about the second vehicle involved in the attack, as he had seen it on Mash's security footage.

Mash denied seeing any second vehicle, claiming that he had not seen any flying vehicles. Zimmer showed him the images, and upon seeing them, Mash realized that there was indeed a second vehicle that had closed in on him on the road, participating in the attack.

“I don't know how this is possible,” said Mash, looking at the images closely. “I don't remember seeing that flying vehicle.”

Aluora was still a bit sad but managed to smile a little. On the other hand, Gelub couldn't believe that his friend was leaving Tresotera to study on a planet as backward as Tepes.

Pierre explained to them that his trip was necessary to prepare for the Alliance Treon Academy, where he intended to study the history of the universe, magic, and archaeology.

Gelub still found it funny that a kid like Pierre would attend a noble academy, but Aluora was more interested in learning about archaeology.

Pierre was excited about Aluora's interest and explained that archaeology was the key to unraveling the mysteries of the past and understanding how civilizations arose and evolved over millennia.

With a mischievous smile on his face, Gelub invited Pierre and Aluora to work and have fun. They soon headed to the Hungry Comet.

However, upon arrival, they were surprised to learn that a noble, a baron, would be present at the establishment. He had reserved a large space and made a great demand: that no employee hide their face with helmets from the uniform.

For the Hungry Comet, hosting the nobility of the Zerg galaxy was an honor, and the team was determined to offer impeccable service.

As Pierre observed himself in the mirror, he realized that it would be more practical and stylish to tie his hair up in a high bun. This choice wouldn't prevent him from serving tables and would keep his hair from falling in his face while he worked. For him, less was more, and he didn't want to draw unnecessary attention.

While they worked at the Hungry Comet, they realized that the Baron's escorts were very demanding and observant, noticing even the slightest details of the service.

0