Night of Deceptions, 20.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the accident involved an unremarkable person in the group, the noble Zergs quickly assumed a position of alertness and approached that Zerg, showing concern for their safety. This raised suspicions about what could be happening in that place and created a slight tension in the environment.

 

However, Pierre realized that they were not on the same page and let out an ironic and discreet laugh as he looked around and noticed the number of people near him and the beautiful Zerg. “What dark rain clouds,” he thought sarcastically. He was musing about adult content matters but only wanted to say, “Hello, wow, who are you?” He didn't seem to want to be coveted, which caught Pierre's attention.

 

However, everything ended up going wrong, and he felt strange, almost embarrassed, realizing that he was being observed by so many people. “Well, I guess I won't have my night of love with this beautiful Zerg tonight,” Pierre resignedly thought.

 

“Sir, I apologize again for the inconvenience I caused. I'm a bit clumsy waiter, but I'm working hard to improve. If there's anything I can do to make it up, please let me know,” said Pierre, lightly biting his lips in a sign of false embarrassment.

 

Stepping away immediately, he realized that in the end, his choice was disappointing. And his chance to end the night with a bang and fun had failed.

 

Baron Hou Jun observed Pierre with admiration and a hint of suspicion. He wondered if the young waiter knew who he was dealing with, or if it was all just a coincidence.

 

Although Pierre wasn't seeking for love and roses, he departed with a new spirit. He felt safe and guarded under the gentle and soothing touch of the blond Zerg with golden eyes, muscular arms, and powerful legs. He had the impression that they were connected in a supernatural and heavenly way. The illusion is sweet.

 

But he quickly returned to reason and saved himself from thousands of romantic thoughts with an exclamation of frustration: “What the hell is this?”

 

As he moved away, Pierre breathed a sigh of relief as if he had narrowly escaped trouble. Perhaps those people were looking for the individuals involved in the previous incident, and he didn't want to risk being mistaken for a suspect. How could he explain his innocence to someone? Certainly not to those who would judge him without even listening.

 

However, as Pierre returned to his place, he didn't have time to relax before being approached by a visibly irritated person. “What's your name, Orc?” — the voice sounded threatening — “Let me give you some advice: don't get involved with those clients. They are untouchable, and there are already many people interested in the game.”

 

Aluora approached and offered words of encouragement to Pierre, who responded vaguely, saying it was just an incident. But Aluora wasn't convinced and continued talking to him, showing concern for her friend.

 

Meanwhile, Pierre reflected on the situation of orcs in the Zerg galaxy and told Aluora, “Many orcs come here thinking they will find paradise, but in reality, there is nothing for them here,” with a slight ironic smile. “Not even the problems of orcs matter in this galaxy.”

 

Noticing Aluora's concern, Pierre decided to be honest. “Look, Aluora, this galaxy is a dead end for orcs. If you want to study and have a better life, you don't need to stay here. Shall we leave together?”

 

In other words, Aluora became conflicted. She dreamed of finding true love, but was the Hungry Comet the right place for it? This thought occurred to her for the first time as she looked at Pierre, who seemed completely oblivious to the romantic thoughts troubling her. “Pierre, do you believe in true love?” she asked.

 

Pierre looked at her with a mischievous smile. “Of course, I do, Aluora. But that poetic side that all living beings possess, I don't feel like you can find it in a place like this.”

 

“Then where should I look?” Aluora asked.

 

“Love is like a rainbow,” Pierre replied with humor and optimism, “you only see it if you're in the right place at the right time,” he joked, making Aluora laugh. “And I'm sure the Hungry Comet is not the right place to find it.”

Baron Hou Jun nodded, agreeing with Duke Zimmer's idea, and they began discussing the details of how to put the plan into action.

 

After finalizing the plans, Duke Zimmer looked at Baron Hou Jun and said, “Keep me informed about any updates you may have, and please be careful to keep those involved safe during this operation.”

 

On the following night, Pierre was vigilant but regretted his decision to return to the Hungry Comet. Throughout the afternoon, Gelub had heavily pressured him to come back one last time, as previously agreed, leaving him no choice.

 

Gelub approached him, accompanied by Aluora, and suggested that the three of them make a toast to Pierre's last night on the planet Trasotera.

 

Excitedly, Pierre agreed, feeling a bit more at ease in the company of his new friends. They raised their glasses and drank the sweet liquid. After two toasts, Koo Looj passed by Gelub and instructed him to fetch some exclusive drinks from the private stock.

 

Acting theatrically and happily, Gelub smiled and proposed that Pierre help them. During the short walk, Pierre felt a slight tingling in his stomach but attributed it to the exotic flavor of the drink. He followed Gelub and Aluora into a large room away from the noise of the bustling night, where he found a shelf with several bottles.

 

Gelub explained that Koo Looj needed a drink for an important business transaction. Pierre hesitated, not feeling well, but Gelub grabbed a bottle and turned to hand it to Pierre. At that moment, Pierre felt a sudden weakness in his legs. He tried to resist, but his vision started to blur, and he fell to the ground.

 

Gelub smiled triumphantly as Aluora approached to help Pierre up. “You fell into our trap, Pierre. Now it's time for you to help us pay off our debts,” Gelub said, with a malicious smile on his face.

 

Pierre tried to fight back, but his strength was rapidly fading. He had no choice but to follow Gelub and Aluora to a dark location, where he was left alone and almost unconscious.

 

Pierre remained motionless, but he was still aware and could sense what was happening around him. He invoked the magic of healing, a basic spell known by any cleric or mage with medical knowledge, used to cure most diseases, poisons, blindness, or paralysis.

 

As Gelub and Aluora left Pierre alone, Gelub remarked, “We got lucky. We're going to make good money with him.” Aluora remained silent, looking uneasy.

 

Gelub noticed her expression and asked, “Are you okay?”

 

Aluora sighed. “I always feel like an 8.50 or a 9.00. But when I'm around Pierre, a true 10.00, I feel like I have nothing to offer in comparison, so I feel like a 6.00.”

 

“I'm fine, Gelub. But you know how it is when you're close to the top; you start worrying more about not falling than climbing even higher.”

 

Gelub smiled and put his hand on her shoulder. “Don't worry about that, Aluora. You're a 6.00 in many other things that Pierre is not. And remember, our job is just to bring them to the market, not to compete with him or anyone else.”

 

Aluora nodded, appearing more relieved.

 

 

 

0