Chapter 8
145 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 Atlas, still being carried within Ciel’s arms, takes comfort in his position, and uses his newly gained height to look around. Though there is a slight thought inside his head yelling loudly: Why did I make him so tall?! He’s so much taller than me!!

 Ciel, not able to hear a thing, adjusts his holding position on Atlas, so that his flower bud can have a comfier time looking around, and to let him feel more at ease while within his arms. Though, Atlas is too distracted taking in the new sights of a new land and world, to notice that he is in the famed “princess carry”. If he were to realize the situation, he would be less than willing to continue staying in his position.

 Noticing his scheme has worked, Ciel has a proud little smirk upon his face. Which soon turns to a gentle look of love when Atlas’ eyes turn in his direction, hiding his ill intentions. Is Ciel a good or bad man? If others were around, the answer would be a direct and honest:

 Yes.

 He’s sly.

 He’s cunning.

 He’s sneaky.

 He enjoys messing with Atlas way too much.

 And a bunch of other things.

 But luckily for him, Atlas isn’t the brightest tool in the shed, and in his heart and mind, Ciel will forever be good. Love brings many things when it comes. It may bring blindness to every fault, or it could bring acceptance to every flaw. Which is the case for Atlas?

 The two soon exit the dense forest and enter upon a wide clearing. They seem to be standing at a height that is above the rest of the area. It looks like they are atop a cliff’s edge, the sight is stunning. The two suns, still high in the sky, shining brilliantly. One sun even appears to look like the little sibling, forever trying to catch up with its beloved big brother. Atlas smiles a gentle smile, at having been given the opportunity to be able to see this. In Atlas’ previous life, he resided within a dense city, blanketed by industrialization and tall buildings that block the sky. He would have never been able to see such a sight. For a boy who’s loved nature since young, it was truly a pity that he couldn’t see such a scene naturally within his own world. And it’s a bit saddening that he’s only able to do so now, in another place completely foreign to him.

 While the two of them, Atlas and Ciel, were enjoying the sky, and cloud watching. Smoke soon flies upwards into the sky. It is the sign of fire. Fire almost always leads to humans. The both of them share a look. Ciel merely holds Atlas close. He doesn’t have a decision. He neither cares for others or the future before them. The present is all that matters. In the present, everything is real. Though a small part inside of him is curious to test out his strength against other beings. When one knows their limits, and uses their limits well is when a true power and strength can be shown.

 Atlas contemplates for some time. He doesn’t need nor require others. But, it is always helpful to have more information. Are the humans of this world, like the humans of his world? What is the difference? Can he speak their language, like in the characters of the novels he read? And if he can, why? He did not ask for such an ability. To be truly happy requires caution, and awareness. To be truly free in life requires a bit of ignorance and a blind eye to the small things. Atlas wants both of these things deeply. He desires them desperately, but the two concepts are a bit conflicting. If Atlas wants to be happy, he has to know what’s out there, and always take a step safely and watch out for danger. If he wants to truly be free and to purely enjoy life, he must stop thinking of the future and the endless worries that come when thinking about thoughts and ideas that are mere possibilities.

 Atlas, who was just frowning in thought, suddenly freezes, his body stills. A sudden realization suddenly erupts from his mind. Everything he’s been thinking over till now, is meaningless. The thoughts of safety and possible futures is redundant. Atlas isn’t alone anymore.

 “The safest place for me, and my greatest happiness. Is being with you Ciel.” Atlas says, a bright smile upon his face.

 He’s been too used to being alone. He’s forgotten about what it means to have trust, and he’s forgotten that Ciel was with him. Right there and right now. All the endless worries are meaningless, Ciel is no longer just a thought in his head.

 ‘Ciel’s already promised to be with me, and he gave me a knight’s vow, haha. Who cares about danger, when I’m safest right here with Ciel. Together, nothing can stop us. Oh and, we’ll have more people with us in the future too.’ Atlas thinks to himself.

 “Let’s go take a peek! I’m curious about what kind of people live here!” Atlas says.

 “Mhm. You think too much.” Ciel replies while rubbing Atlas’ head. Ciel’s already figured out the thoughts within his head. Atlas’ face has always been an open book. And his eyes are nothing but the doors to his thoughts. Though only Ciel may be the one who could ever read Atlas so well.

   Using the flight granted to the two of them by being spiritual beings, they glide over towards the campsite, and use the shade of a tree to block their visage. The two peek from behind their huge tree, and what they see, is a bit revolting.

 There, in the campsite, lie humans that look like the same from Atlas’ home. And it is obvious from their clothes and outfits, that it is low class and subpar. Only men can be seen throughout the group, and even from the distance the two are at, they can smell the revolting stench and body odor emanating from the group. They look rough and uncultured. Weapons of olden times such as swords and maces lie scattered along the ground. Looking at such a group, there is really only one conclusion people could make.

 “These people… are the so called bandits and theives, yes?” Atlas asks worriedly.

 “Mhm.” Ciel says with a brief nod, while the arm over Atlas’ shoulder tightens a bit.

 “Oh. It looks we can understand them? Did we get some kind of universal language buff?” Atlas says with a bit of wonder. If they were gifted with the ability to understand the language, does that mean that have to interact with this world more? Are they expected of something? Will they be forced to do something? Atlas’ heart and mind have been crystal clear, even while in the deep unconscious like state he was in when talking with the Voice who asked him questions. He does not desire others.

 “Maybe, the whole situations still unclear, love.”

 “Hm. Now that I’m thinking about it, I remember… hearing a voice before I woke up.”

 “A voice?”

 “Yep.”

  “...”

  “And you choose now to tell me?” Ciel rolls his eyes, his little dummy couldn’t have said this while they were walking?

 “Okay. Okay. I’m sorry! It’s just, I just remembered. The whole thing was very vague.”

 “Did it ask you anything? I swear, how many times have I told you to not to listen to those ads! They are nothing but scams and pyramid schemes!”

 “Okay! Okay! Relax, Ciel! Okay! It’s different this time!” Alex coughs a bit.

 “How so?”

 “The voice.. was very gentle, and nice. It only asked me… what I wanted. What I wished for. And then it just gave it to me and said it’ll give me a bonus of some kind.”

 “What did you wish for?”

 “.....”

 “What? Is it something you can’t tell me?” Ciel’s eyebrow quirks up warily.

 “.... sigh.. you..” Atlas squeaks.

 “What?” Ciel repeats.

 “Goddamnit! I said you! You big load of trumpet bargain shopping crap!” Atlas begins to speak nonsensical things.

 “PIECE OF MMPH!” Atlas is abruptly forced to quiet.

 Ciel shut up Atlas’ mouth with a deep kiss. He enters his tongue and dances with his lovers. The two enter a tango of sorts. They move in rapid succession and are forever entwined. Ciel, never wanting to let go. Atlas, moved by pleasure and heat to think of leaving.

 “Shh. I know. And you shouldn’t have shouted, love. We are in hiding now, aren’t we?” Ciel says quietly, leaning his forehead against Atlas’.

 The two are breathing the same air, their faces are so closely together, that if someone were to see them from afar. It would appear as if they are just one person.

 “... You’re so annoying. I don’t know why I made you such a tease.” Atlas grumbles.

 “Heeeeh? It’s because you like it, baby.” Ciel whispers into Atlas’ ear, while giving his earlobe a little nibble.

 “Hup!” Atlas blushes intensely, it’s like a huge secret was finally revealed. Or it’s maybe due to his earlobe being nibbled on?

 The mood that just so happened to turn sweet is forced to a halt. A voice breaks out within the group of bandits. It comes from a young boy, bereft of clothing, and marked with bruises. Tears stream down his face as he is pulled into the center of the crowd.

 “Ah… ah!... ah.” The boy is too scared to speak full words. He can only make noises.

 “Is this the new slave we captured?”

 “Yep. Isn’t he beautiful?”

 “His skins so unblemished.”

 “Should we have some fun boys?”

 Their conversation is vulgar and revolting.

 The young boy is shivering with fear, and the wind against his bare skin does not help to abate the shivers. The men soon surround him and start to beat him here and there. Flecks of purple and red are soon painted onto his skin. And the brush continues painting, without a care for the canvas. It’s ignoring it altogether, the scene it depicts is rough and disgusting.

 One of the thugs soon turn the boy’s rear and pushes it up into the air.

 “Don’t look.” Ciel shoves Atlas’s head down and holds him to his chest.

 Atlas says nothing, but accepts Ciel’s actions.

 “Don’t worry, little Atlas. I know what you’re thinking. And I’ve been needing some guinea pigs. Let’s see how strong I am.”

Atlas stretches his arms around Ciel’s waist and hugs him tightly.

 “Be careful, my air.” Atlas says softly, declaring how Ciel’s very existence is necessary for him.

 “Of course, who do you think I am, my life.” With a sly smirk, Ciel walks into the center of the group. And he’s secretly thinking: I really wanted to say ‘my wife’ but I guess I can hold that in till the wedding.

 

Author’s Note:

 Hoshi here my fans! Sorry for the late chapters. I’ve been struggling with IRL, and some stuff and I posted in last chapter about the slow releases. So I hope you aren’t upset. This chapter took me forever to right because I could never get into the ‘zone’. I had about 20 rough drafts of just this one chapter!! And also, one of my hands, which is forever broken, has begun to act up. It’s making typing difficult. And the scenes got a bit intense in this chapter, but it’s R18 haha. Don’t hate me. You were warned. I plan to tell a mature story. I don’t have any fear of anything. I’m just going to tackle everything head on. The beautiful dream, plus the harsh reality.

Expect the next chapter soon!! I’m almost done with it!! Also, please tell me if my formats hard to read. When I first began copy and pasting chapters from my docs to here. It kind of reformatted everything automatically and perfectly. Which I don’t know how to do yet lol! I’ll try and change the format if you like it!

ENJOY THE EXTRA LONG CHAPTER!

6