Chapter 3: Book
450 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring ahead of him, Edward took a deep breath before he went to the door and knocked. Following that, he heard a voice telling him he could enter. When he opened the door, he saw a simple office with many books and objects. In the center of which was a desk where Professor Flitwick was sitting. At this time, holding a book in his hand, he seemed to be reading. Edward interrupted him, and realizing the situation, he froze for a moment before he spoke.

"Um, sorry Professor Flitwick for interrupting you," he said.

The professor smiled in response and put the book aside.

"It's nothing, Edward. Is there anything you need my help with?"

Seeing the professor's actions, Edward finally sighed and nodded. The professor gestured for him to sit down in front of him.

"Professor, I have come to you with a request."

The professor expressed doubt on his face.

"So, I'd like to hear what you want to ask."

"Professor, I've been reading the Hogwarts history books and have been interested in many things. I came across one interesting thing about moving ladders. But there wasn't much information there. However, I found out from the book that there is a book called 'Hogwarts Doors' where the author of that book referred to."

As Edward continued to speak, he also watched the expression on the professor's face. Fortunately, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

"And so, soon after searching, I discovered that such a book was not in the available area. And so, Professor, I come to you with a request. Can you give me permission to visit the Forbidden Zone to see if this book is there?"

Finally, when the Forbidden Zone was mentioned, the professor changed his facial expression slightly. But it didn't take more than a few seconds before he came to his senses again.

"Edward, I can't give you that permission."

Hearing this, Edward realized that perhaps his request wasn't all for nothing. But before he could apologize and leave, the professor continued.

"However, I might ask Mrs. Pince to look at it for you. If the book does not contain anything harmful to you, then she will pass the book on to you."

Upon hearing this, Edward immediately regained his energy and nodded quickly. As he left, he also took a note from the professor and thanked him.

.............................................

Edward walked hurriedly down the corridor. There was a lot of talk on the way about the other two schools coming to Hogwarts tomorrow, but he didn't care at all. His steps quickened when he saw the library doors. He was in such a hurry that he almost collided with someone who was coming out of the doors. It was a familiar figure.

"Hey Edward, be careful," she said.

Looking at her, Edward was a little embarrassed by his blunder.

"Ah, sorry Hermione, I was just being careless."

"Listen, you..."

"I'm in a hurry Hermione, we'll talk later."

Realizing she wanted to talk about something, Edward quickly interrupted her. Quickening his steps again, he entered the library without looking back.

"Hey..."

Hermione wanted to say something, but seeing his behavior, she sighed irritably before snorting and walking away.

Lately, every time Edward met her, he was quick to walk away saying those words. This time was no exception. Although the last few times he had done it deliberately, this time he had somewhere to be in a hurry.

As he approached Mrs. Pince, he showed her the note from the professor. She understood and entered the restricted area. Standing there waiting, a few minutes passed and she never came back, probably looking. But the longer she searched, the more Edward lost hope. Finally, fifteen minutes passed and he lost all hope and stood there bored.

At that time, the sound of footsteps came, and Mrs. Pince emerged from the restricted area. Edward was about to go, but then her voice was heard.

"There."

He hadn't looked toward the Forbidden Zone at all because of frustration, but now his gaze turned and fell on the book that was in the other side's hands.

"The Doors of Hogwarts."

Subconsciously reading the title, a sense of elation swept over him. He grabbed the book and immediately thanked Mrs. Pince before finding a quiet place to sit.

The book looked rather shabby and old, but without thinking about whether the book could be enchanted or not, he immediately opened it. Soon, various information about Hogwarts appeared before his eyes, including some indications of secret paths. But without paying attention to them, he quickly searched for the mention of stairs.

After a while, he finally found it, but strangely enough, it was on the last page. It was a page that told how Rowena Ravenclaw took a very long time to correct these ladders. But what puzzled Edward was that there was another page, but it had been torn out, leaving only some pieces in place.

It was very strange, and the strangeness was added when he flipped the book back and forth and finally saw the words "By Rowena Ravenclaw" on the cover. With doubts, he reread it again and again.

Although it was not confirmed that the book was truly written by one of the founders of Hogwarts, the reader didn't care about that. He turned to the last page once more and stared at the remaining portion of the page.

After looking at the spot for a long time, an idea occurred to him. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at the spot, uttering, "Reparo." This spell is known for fixing things, but it didn't work. He stroked his chin with his other hand and thought again. Finally, he said, "Liber Reparo." Slowly, particles began to form a page beneath his stunned eyes.

 

6