Second boy, Curse
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2.1

According to legends, thousands of years ago Ruleshwitze was just a small village in a southern part of the continent. Once when the chief's daughter was out with her friends, the god of the sky saw her. God abducted the idle maiden, but his lust soon turned into love. The god of the sky married the maiden and later came to her village, killed her father and took the throne of the chief along with his wife. After that, the Sky God and his sons continue to conquer the surrounding lands until they finally conquer the entire continent. Exhausted, the Sky God decided to leave the mortal realm and return to Heaven. However, other envious gods who saw how much he had achieved decided to kill him and seize his lands. 8 cowardly gods attacked him and struck him in the back. Mortals did not wish to bend their knee to the treacherous gods, but neither did they wish to be ruled by the children of sky. After long wars, the children of the sky were able to return only a part of their father's lands and established the Ruleshwitz Empire. The eldest son became the emperor. The remaining 12 served him as marquises. Over the centuries, many marquises were destroyed in civil wars. Finally, in the golden age of the empire, when it covered more than a quarter of the continent, only four marquises remained: Glinzdheim, Averroë, Marchinier and Lostperos.

Year 7961, since birth of the Gods

Empire reached its peak. The influence of the Marquis of Glindheim already exceeded that of the Emperor. After Marquis's successful 30-year military expedition, the lands of the empire tripled, and the number of its vassals already exceeded several hundred. The soldiers called Marquis the reincarnation of the sky god himself. At the age of 52, he had done more than the Imperial Family had done in millennia. The conflict did not yet appear. However, the horizon was clearly already clouding. The emperor cordially invited the hero of the empire to the capital. The Patriarch of Glinzdheim also kindly refused him. The nobles hesitated, the enemies of the empire looked hopeful, and the vassals waited for their chance. The empire was on the verge of civil war. To everyone's surprise, the civil war did not start. Because in one week the marquis passed away in his sleep. His eldest son Gildart became the patriarch of Glinzdheim. Soon after, Gildart arranged a grand funeral for his father in the capital. In a few days, for his merits before the empire, he was made the chief adviser of the emperor and the supreme commander of the army. Gildart was in a great mood that night. The whole capital was feasting with his money. That night, Gildart’s Barbarian female slave had a son from him. Drunken Gildart brought his bastard into the middle of the imperial palace, He lifted baby for everyone to clearly see him.

“This child's name is Kono!”

He shouted at the top of his voice. The emperor and 3 marquises smiled at the hero of the holiday with pale faces. Only the descendants of the children of the sky knew the meaning of this word. In the sacred language of the sky, kono means dead dog.

2.2

Kono was born in a golden cage because his mother was a barbarian. And the barbarians were beasts in the eyes of the southerners. In a gilded cage, baby Kono was screaming loudly while his crying mother was trying to silence him. The cage was surrounded by drunkards and thugs. The child continued to cry. The woman was swallowing her tears and hugging the poor creature. The woman's name was Liah. Even the name given by her own father was disgusting for her. she heard this name every night from the mouth of the beast. Every night, the proud daughter of the snowy mountains of Ozgina was losing more and more dignity in the arms of a southern animal. And now she had a child with this non-man. No-man was having fun somewhere else. While Lia suffered from pain and worried about her poor baby.

"What fate awaits this child? Will he ever see his mother's land, or will he stain the snowy mountains with blood like his father?"

A woman covered in sweat and blood was pitifully hugging her baby. She closed her eyes and began to pray, although she still felt how the red-faced southerners were staring at her. Some were warriors, and some had clothes Liah had never seen before.

"Perhaps the local shepherds and shamans wear this way"

,she thought for herself. She was burning with shame. This beast rolled her and her son into a spectacle and other drunken beasts were staring at her and the baby with horny, dirty eyes . In all this noise, the child cried even louder.

"At least there's nothing in him from that that beast. The dark skin and red hair of our people won over blood of animal"

She thought for herself. Liah barely smiled at her son. Kono smiled back and ran his tiny fingers over his mother's amazing white teeth. The poor woman hugged her son and passed away in the cage with a smiling face. Later her body was thrown away to dogs while little Kono was taken away by his father, marquise

2.3

Northerners called southerners beastmen, southerners called northerners barbarians. The blood of both the northerners and the southerners was strong in the bastard of the patriarch of Glinzdheim. Whether Kono Shrink being a monster was the fault of his mother's or father's ancestors no one could say for sure. One myth of the Archaic era tells about the rebellion of beastmen against the gods. In this myth, a wise man says, "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal”. The lands of the Marquis of Glinzdheim were full of his bastards, surnamed Shrinke, who expected a life of the same shame and misery in society ass every other noble bastard in the empire. But of course "some bastards are more equal". Once in a century, Maybe once in a thousand years, humanity is presented with an amazing talent that will not appear for many more generations. Sometimes we call these people the chosen ones and sometimes we call them the cursed ones. Little Kono's talent was considered more of a curse by most of those around him, so let's call Little Kono cursed one for now. His talent could easily be called immense power. And really, it’s not exaggeration at all. Kono Shrink was the owner of immense physical power. As 3-year old he broke his babysitter's arm and leg while playing. As 6-year-old he knocked out an adult knight. And at the age of 10 he killed the bull with one blow. This little monster was feared by everyone whether they were servants or knights. Wherever he went, he met false politeness and eyes filled with fear and hatred. But little Kono was less concerned about that. He didn't realy like being with people. Kono Shrink was born to be in nature. His mother's free blood was pumping hard in his veins. He was not born for a life of honor and nobility. He could not be tamed. The coat of arms of the Glintzheims was a flying noble stallion in the sky, looking for its master, the god of the sky. Kono was not realy much of a stallion nor could he fly in the sky. He was a wild horse.

2.4

12-year-old Kono temporarily left the cursed ranks of humanity and joined the chosen ones. His birthday was 3 weeks after the 12th anniversary of the 30-year war. For him, this day was distinguished from others only by the fact that at that time he ate as much as he wanted and no one bothered him.

That day, to everyone's surprise, his father, the Marquis of Glintzheim, visited Kono’s Palace. Kono will often look back on this meeting for many years to come, because the patriarch's sudden intrusion into his bastard’s life completely changed the fate of his and the entire continent.

2.5

In the training hall of the Birkdanc academy, the sound of fists clashing echoed through the air as dark haired young woman and her disciple sparred. Both were skilled fighters, but woman seemed to have the upper hand. She moved with lightning speed, striking her opponent with a series of quick blows that left Disciple on the defensive. At some point disciple could barely see her as his eyes were not catching up with her movements. He could only see flashes of her blue uniform but he was no pushover either, and he quickly regained his footing. He launched his own barrage of attacks, while ignoring her fists that were pummeling him just few seconds ago. each attack aimed at finding a weakness in her defense. The two fighters circled each other, their fists flashing in the light of the room. Krista was silently munching loaf of bread in the corner while silently observing them. The fight continued for several minutes, It was obvious that Elza was little holding back but Kono didn’t go all out either. Sweat poured down their faces as they tried pushing each other to their limits and gain upper hand. Finally, with a swift move, Elza knocked down her disciple and quickly locked her opponent's throat.

"Good fight, brat"

she smiled brightly, offering her hand to help Kono up.

"You're getting better, but your aura is still trash ha ha ha"

Disciple nodded with eyes full of annoyance.

"Thanks. ooh great master"

He looked at her sarcastically

"Hag, you know right? In two or three years I will beat you to pulp"

Kono started massaging his arms with grim face.

"You are 100 years too early to even dream about beating me"

Elza smiled arrogantly. She gulped beer that she had attached to her waist.

"Well you are growing fast but the day you beat me will be the day I go all out and remember brat"

Her punch swiftly landed on Kono's head.

"Ayyyk ! what the hell ! What was that for you damn hag?"

"As I said, remember brat the day you beat me get ready to lose one of your arms"

She gulped beer aggressively and started laughing. Krista also started giggling at her twin's words.

"Aaah you two are so annoying I am outta hear"

Annoyed by defeat and dumb laughter of his master and her sister, Konno stormed out of the training hall with red face.

" Hee ishh shoo coot"

Krista said with full mouth and continued munching bread. Elza looked at her smiling sister and thought for herself

"ya she for sure is not worried keke"

After year or two they both expected that Kono would surpass them and become the strongest cadet. Krista  didn’t seem to care but Elza was already worrying. She realy loved and cherished her student and junior but she also knew how harsh the world of politics is. If she, face of imperial bloodline in academy, lost to bastard of infamous marquise, that would seriously shake political standing of already weakened dynasty. She as eldest daughter had strong sense of responsibility and obligation towards the imperial family.

She picked up her sword. her silver aura started shining brightly. As she continued to swing her sword with precise and deadly mastership she felt deep in thought no even noticing how her twin emptied both snack bags of sisters and silently left.

"12th sword technique of emperor"

She got in attacking pose.

"Divine Fury"

Hundred of sword slashes flew in different directions and instantly created several giant whirlwinds. Drenched in sweat she fell on floor smiling. Watching half destroyed hall shaking , her thought went back to her disciple.

"Kono Shrink, you little brat, You are my favourite student and I will always support you but for the sake of imperial family you will never surpass me. I Elza Ruldraim will be strongest warrior in the world"

Loud scream of headmastress disrupted her thoughts.

"Elza Ruldraim you wicked girl! It's already 3rd time this week! How many times should I tell you not to cause havoc in training hall?! Follow me to the office! RIGHT NOW! "

Elza lazily stood up and slowly followed behind headmastress while she was heavily scolding her.

 

2.6

Marquise left his bastard's room with furious face. Red waves of aura were leaking from his body and were out of control. People he passed by whether they were students or teachers all had to bow their heads. Otherwise they would get overwhelmed by his bloody aura.

After marquise left the room Kono shut doors angrily and went to bed. He hugged his pillow and buried his face in it. He did not actually feel sleepy. He was frustrated.

"Uuggrhh"

His punch made whole room shake and left a deep hole in the wall.

"Hate! Hate! God damn it I hate this fucker!"

He screamed in his mind. obviously he could not scream out loud. Marquise's spies were everywhere. They were everywhere, not just in the academy but also whole city. They could be found anywhere starting with slums ending with city lord's seat.

"I am tired of this! For how long should I be your pawn?! For how long should I be used as disposable weapon for your political intrigues?! Why do I even need this strength! Why should I be stronger !.this is not my life! I never wished for such life!"

Kono left another hole in poor wall.

"I hate everything in this fucker. His long silver hair with all kinds of sticky oils on it, his arrogant talking manner, ice cold blue eyes, how he always compares us siblings to each other and puts us is ranks. The day he took me from my estate and started training me..damn old fucker"

Pillow was made out of highest quality iron lion leather specifically for him. But even it could not endure aggressive hugs of the boy and got ripped in half. Kono grunted and threw both pieces out of the window. He spent whole night awake in angry thoughts. When sun started rising over the horizon, Kono clenched his fists and calmed down a little. He sighed deeply

"I should not have yelled at him. I got riled up to easily. It is not like me at all"

He stood up from bed and grabbed his sword. It was beautiful piece of birkan iron made by marquise's best craftsmen.

"I must get stronger, stronger than anyone else!"

Sun was already brightly shining.

"Strong enough to kill my father"

Kono started diligently cleaning his sword while watching disappearing moon with cold gaze. Kono looked at his desk

“There still is one person I can rely on”.

 

2.7

 Kono's room was near the hallway. If someone wanted to spy on his actions there were plenty of places where they could hide. In one of such places, behind a big statue of a knight 3 boys in brown cadet uniforms were hiding. All of them had sly smiles on their faces. The 3 boys were none other but squadmates and subordinates of Kono. One behind the right leg of knight was fat boy with big ears and dirty blonde hair, Yan polkowitz, leutenant. Boy with dark long hair and super pale skin was behind the left leg, Glen Rodlens and at last 3rd boy, right hand man of Kono, vice captain Rein holz, was sitting on the knight's shield on its back. 3 of them were peeking at their captain's doors with sinister look and giggled.

Finally! Doors opened..Kono's foot appeared. at the same time string got cut. pile of rubbish from above started falling his direction...

*several minutes later*

"GOOD MORNING BOSS!"

"GOOD MORNING BOSS!"

Kono was walking up and down with stiff expression on his face

"I could not hear you properly guys! Again!"

"GOOD MONING BOSS"

3 pranksters were pitifully standing on their knees with hands up. Kono was nagging them

"That's the reason why we are till stuck on 7th place. you guys, instead of working and training properly keep fooling around!"

"Because we know whenever we are in troubke our amazing boss will always save us"

Rein tried to smile but his face was so swollen after beating that he quickly returned to his sad look. Kono burst out laughing watching Rein's pitiful grimace.

"ok ok you idiots, get up already.it is time for us to go to our headquarters"

3 boys stood up and immediately started whining

"Urgh captain you should be gentler when beating us"

"Boss my back aches like hell"

"Fuck I can barely feel my legs"

Kono smirked

"Pftt you should be thankful I did not beat you to pulp cause of that dumb prank. You really thought I would not sense your flimsy auras behind that old statue? Now now stop being babies and let's go to healer. Obviously don't tell her that it's e who put you in that state. I won't be able to endure her holy preaching one more time"

Glen looked at him with serious face

"Captain I have to report something !something! This morning 3 members of our squad were assaulted by wild dragon!"

Now all of them burst out laughing. While laughing and joking, 4 boys entered healer miss Dunfrey's office.

 

 

2.8

"Lady Elsa, you won't be going tomorrow. I am sorry to inform you but his imperial highness ordered us escort you to the Citadele for holy patriarchess's teachings"

Elza was furious

"I do not understand. I was assigned as expedition vice leader and we were getting ready for almost 2 months. You can't stop us from going"

"Sorry my lady, That is imperial order, please get ready and follow us as soon as possible"

Old knight bowed his head. Elza wanted to scream out of anger but looking at white head bowed in front of her she calmed down. After all sir Carlson was just following orders. Loyal warrior served as imperial guard for almost 40 years. He was one of few imperial soldiers who accompanied prince Zarashtra, current emperor, in 30 year war. Disguised as average mercenaries they achieved many great deeds but in around 6years, 12 years before the end of war they were caught by imperial guards and returned back. Carlso barely escaped execution but crown prince begged emperor to spare at least one of his companions from his heroic journeys. Thus only 2 out of 15 men of famous Golden mercenary group, survived.

Old knight ad his men stood all around the headquarters of N▪1 squad captain of which was Elza. She could not really escape but even if she did escape she would still be already out of expedition anyways.

"But they need me and my squad. You know right? Squad is not allowed to leave base territory without presence of its leader"

"Do not worry my lady, ministers found suitable candidate to take your place and his forces are not lacking either"

"And who is that?"

"Baron Kono Shrink"

This surprise did not make Elza very happy but it surely did not bring Kono smile either.

"Carlson, I do not understand ! Why are you demoting me and putting my student and blood of Glindzheim on the post that was always been occupied by members of imperial household"

"I am sorry princess..there are matters in the world that I your loyal servant can not discuss even with you"

Old knight bowed his head even lower. his fist were sweating and he was obviously trying t suppress his anger. Elsa immediately understood. She thought for herself

"I see.. this goddamn marquise pressured father again..until when should we endure his arrogance?! I will certainly execute him one day and take my disciple from his claws"

Eldest Princess of Ruleshwitze empire quickly put on red imperial coat with golden eagle symbols. She easily jumped on the white horse that old knight prepared for her.

"Let's depart Carlson"

"Do you not wish to take anything, lady Elza?"

"For forest bandits my sword is enough and we need to start moving as quickly as possible. I have quite long conversation with him majesty waiting for me in palace"

"But princess.."

"Forget Citadele Carlson! I will go there after audience with my father emperor!"

Old knight bowed his head helplessly.

" As you wish princess "

Elza surrounded with 50 imperial guards left academy's territory. Wind was blowing in their direction. But she did not even flinch. No matter who her opponent was she never backed down. She murmured aggressively

"I will have your head on stick...MARQUISE!"

2.9

"What kind of bullshit is this vice captain?!"

"We just returned from goblin subjugation!"

"Ya we all deserve at least one week break!"

N▪7 headquarters were in chaos. 53 boys from age 15 to 19 were almost rioting. 3 standing officers were helplessly trying to calm down situation. Unfortunately all 3 if them were failing miserably. rioters were getting older and wilder. Their shouts were shaking whole tower

"NO TO WORK! NO TO WORK! WE WANT BREAK! NO MORE WORK!"

Suddenly doors opened. Loud creak made Whole hall silent. As short figure slowly passed through doors and approached rioters Rein's, Yan's and Glen's faces started to brighten up. Finally! Their savior was there.

"Captaaain"

Rioter boys suddenly switched from shouting to loud whining.

"It is so unfair captain"

"I wanted to see my family tomorrow"

"I had a date"

Kono tiredly looked at them

"Guys I just finished speaking with headmastress"

Kono sighed

"Damn hag..she kept nagging me about what a great honor being a vice leader is, that it was decision of imperial council and emperor blablabla.. basically We have no choice. So guys sulk it up! Pack your things and tomorrow we are departing.."

Frustrated and annoyed buzzing of his squadmates continued in whole tower till the evening until they all went to their rooms to get ready for the next day.

2.10

Kono stayed in headquarters main office till late night. He was writing letter s and checking some documents. He fell asleep several times but quickly wake up and continued working. Candles were already almost burnt completely when he finished letter. With tired eyes he looked through it one more time

"Dear prince Hammel,

I send my regards to you. Since I m suddenly assigned to expedition, I will be leaving academy's lands for a while. Thus I won't be able to send reports. That's is why I am sending summed up report so early. Well let's get to business you majesty. 3 people that you wished me to observe.

First your elder sister Elsa, she acts as usual but lately she seems to more anxious considering that imperial faction keeps losing influence among academy's young nobility. Imperial faction is cracked in two since twin sister seem to be on bad terms. You sister Krista keeps secretly training in the woods but on the outside she still maintains mask of a lazy princess. Growth rate of martial powers of both twins significantly surpassed my expectations. As you know Elza's situation now is even more shaken as she was recently demoted. She is now on her way to imperial palace. Regarding 3rd person , my brother and heir of marquise Hansel Glindzheim's currently still involved in political intrigues against Elsa. As of now his faction is significantly stronger than broken imperial faction. That is all for now. I must depart on expedition several hours later. Since I might not be to give your reports for several months I would recommend my shadow servant Ormel Cruel as potential candidate for your majesty's informant's position.

With best regards, your loyal servant K.S."

Kono locked letter. Put it on the table and tiredly closed eyes. He could not do this anymore. Since enrolling at this academy his life was nothing but hell. He got put in his eldest brother's squad. Obviously he was not welcome there. He was an outcast. And the first person to accept him was exactly 2nd imperial prince Hammel.He then got clozer to Elza and Krista. Elza even took him as a disciple. Then he also met 4th prince Ruddiger. But only one whom he truly considered his friend was Hammel. His Kind eyes were complete opposite of marquise's cold gaze. He was warm and generous. He hesitated for a while but after yesterdays event when marquise stormed in his room and gave him list of children from enemy houses that Kono should have injured greatly during sparings and examining duels. Kono finally decided,

" if there is someone to whom I should dedicate my strength it's either my father nor emperor, it is my only real friend, you prince hammel..my sword, my fists they belong to you "

Prince Hammel had a dream. He wished to become an emperor and change the world. Only one whom he told about this was Kono. They both were 12 at that time. Kono still remembered that evening. Hammel offered Kono to join him and become his sword. After robing seniors' dorm they both were hiding in the woods and eating sweets that they stole. Brown haired hammel was happily munching candies. He suddenly looked at Kono with bright smile.

" Kono, you know I have a dream "

he giggled and continued speaking while also munching on candies. Kono didn't say anything. He loved just silently listening to Hammel's monologues.

" I want to be emperor but not jut an emperor. I do not care about power ad money. What I wish to achieve is justice. All people around me just worry about some silly politics, riches, or honor. The world is ugly. People are dying, starving, and struggling. I want to try and make this world a least little better than it is now and for this.."

Kono's smile got even brighter as he looked at ththenight sky covered with stars

" For this. I need you Kono to be my sword "

At that time boy declined but now he had already firmly decided his standing regarding the 2nd prince's proposal.

He took a pen and quickly wrote down the back of the letter

"P.S.  I accept your offer Hammel. Since this day consider Kono Shrink your loyal sword ".

“Beep beep…data registration 19%”

0