Fanfic Decided
189 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I thought to myself… There can’t POSSIBLY be another character more under-utilised than Sakura.

But then it hit me.

Maybe if I want to show my skills, I don’t need to write about an under-utilised character to show it.

Doing that would have the opposite effect.

Thus, what I need is a character that has been utilised properly and is still hated by the Otaku.

It needs to be a character so useless and annoying that just seeing his name in the title disgusts people.

Someone so irredeemable and hated, that trying to make them seem better would take a miracle…!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls… I present…

Shinji Matou!!!

For those uninitiated, Shinji is the most despicable little worm in anime I’ve had the displeasure of reading. He isn’t at the ‘that guy is hate-able’ level of evil, he’s ‘that pathetic guy needs a therapist’ tier.

You see the things that were unfortunate from his perspective, but you also see him screw up big time.

Bad ways of coping mixed with bad parenting and an indifferent family, blended with insecure complexes.

Delusional on top of that…

What could go wrong?

The answer: Absolutely everything.

Literally everything!

He does a No-No-No-No-No to Sakura Matou, his adopted sister who was basically sold to his family to be a experiment rather than an heir. A girl who was also tortured to the point of madness at one point.

He becomes an all-rounder jerk with no positive features whatsoever other than being a little smart.

Not smart as in he can get himself out of his delusions of grandeur, but detective vision smart.

He can find stuff… That’s his ONLY positive trait..

Other than that, he’s also a useless Magus who doesn’t have the strength to do literally anything.

In fact, even better… He’s not even a Magus!

His family has the bloodline of a Magi, and his mother was specifically chosen as his father’s wife because she could possibly give birth to an heir with her Inheritance Trait or whatever. But it failed.

Thus, he was neglected and treated like a failure.

Not that this excuses any of his wrongdoings at all.

He’s such a damn perv and delusional freak after growing up that you forget he’s a human, not a bug.

And the story treats him that way as well…

The only reason he survives sometimes in the routes of Fate/Stay Night is because he’s so pathetic, even Rin takes pity on him. And he even tries to do the No-No-No-No-No on her in routes she saved him.

So yeah… Character settled.

I’ve also gotten better at writing since the time I’d wrote Sakura Is Reincarnated and then some.

There was even a time I made him mildly better/worse in a fanfic, but I think I’ve deleted that one.

Anyway, fanfic character is decided.

Now I just need to think up a plot that maybe includes time-travel just to undo his many mistakes.

Share your thoughts if you have any ideas on how.

Imma post this on a different account, but I’ll hit you guys up when I actually start posting stuff.

Will start it next week.

Time for some research.

1