Prologue
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whoosh!

 

A wave of dust and debris flew into the air, covering the surroundings. The dust settled down and a handsome young man was hovering in the air. Sparks of lightning can be seen running around and massive flame pillars are wreaking havoc everywhere.

 

In the middle of this chaos, a man who was wearing a blue robe and was gripping a broad sword in his left hand can be seen descending in the air. His right arm was dislocated and blood was oozing from the large gash on his shoulder. His cold gaze swept at the devastated mountain. After the remaining mana explosion have dispersed, a black figure who was coughing a mouthful of blood could be seen at the bottom of the pit.

 

The man, Yannis flew close to the pit with difficulty. Although he was seriously wounded during the fight, he was determined to see the ending of the black figure with his own eyes. His face was pale, yet he grasped the sword tightly in his hand and laughed scornfully.

 

“Even though you have stolen every opportunity from me, you still lost to me the end. How does it feel now? Any last words?” He sneered.

 

The woman tried to stand but her legs are failing her. She couldn’t lean on her sword since it was broken beyond recognition. Her lungs were punctured and there was a large hole on her stomach. She was bleeding her guts out.

 

Her mana had been vastly depleted, leaving her dizzy and as weak as a deflated balloon. She stood there, shivering, swaying back and forth, her face pale. Blood sprayed out of her mouth as she slammed down onto the ground.

 

With her last breath, Zylla raised her hand from the rubble and pointed her middle finger towards the sky.

 

“Y-Yannis Trevino… F*ck you!” She shouted with all of her pent-up anger. What stolen opportunity? Is this goddamned bastard playing with her? They were never yours in the first place! She gritted her teeth.

 

Bang! Unable to hold back any longer, scorching rage consumed him and Yannis blasted every last bit of his mana towards the woman’s direction.

 

So, in the end she really couldn’t escape the fate of being a stepping stone for this guy?

 

Zylla was extremely pissed – she was fuming mad!

 

She clearly put a lot of time and hard work into becoming strong. Dedicated her whole life into it, but why – just why is she the one losing in the end?

 

Is it because her weapons were not strong enough? But some of her equipment were even legendary class, no less! Is her battle strength too weak? But her ranking was one level higher than the male lead! How could she be killed when she had prepared everything to defeat him to smithereens? Is this world bugged? Goddamn it! She refused to accept it!

 

Filled with hate and unwillingness, Zylla slowly closed her eyes. I really wanted to teach that bastard a lesson but, in the end, I guess… you really can’t beat a hard-working talent with hard work. Those are the final words that she bitterly said to herself.

 

But little did she know was that there was another chance that she would open her eyes again.

 

 

2