Chapter 1 – The Reunion
72 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 - The Reunion

Kirito was a cool and aloof guy who kept to himself in school. He didn't have many friends, but he was content with his own company. However, things took an unexpected turn when his dad remarried, and he gained a new stepsister.

Kirito's dad had been single for years, and Kirito had gotten used to having him all to himself. But now, with his new stepsister, Emily, in the picture, everything was different. Kirito didn't know how to feel about it.

As soon as he saw Emily, he realized that she was his ex-girlfriend from middle school. They had dated for a brief time, but things had ended on a sour note. Kirito had always thought that he had moved on, but seeing Emily again brought back some old feelings.

Emily, on the other hand, was thrilled to see Kirito again. She still had feelings for him, and she couldn't believe that they were now stepsiblings. She tried to act normal around him, but it was hard to ignore the past.

The first few days of living under the same roof were awkward for Kirito and Emily. They tried to avoid each other as much as possible, but it was hard to do when they were living in the same house. Kirito didn't know how to act around her, and Emily was too nervous to make the first move.

But one day, they ran into each other in the hallway, and Emily couldn't help but speak up.

"Kirito, can we talk?" she asked tentatively.

Kirito hesitated for a moment, but then nodded. They went to his room and sat down on his bed.

"I know things ended badly between us," Emily said, looking down at her hands. "But now that we're family, I don't want things to be awkward between us."

Kirito nodded, still unsure of what to do.

"I still care about you, Kirito," Emily said, looking up at him. "I know it's complicated, but I just wanted to tell you how I feel."

Kirito was taken aback by her confession. He had always wondered if she still had feelings for him, but he never expected her to admit it.

"I...I don't know what to say," he stammered.

Emily smiled sadly. "It's okay, Kirito. I just wanted to get it off my chest. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

They sat in silence for a few moments before Kirito spoke up.

"Emily, I don't know how I feel about you," he said honestly. "But I'm willing to try and make things work between us. We're family now, and I don't want things to be awkward between us either."

Emily's face lit up with a smile. "Thank you, Kirito. That means a lot to me."

From that moment on, Kirito and Emily tried to act like normal siblings. They still had some lingering feelings for each other, but they knew that they had to put those aside for the sake of their new family. It wasn't easy, but they were willing to try.

0