Chapter2- Team W
45 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc1: Chapter2

 

Alternative title: Is Yukimiya secretly a masochist?

 

   And then, their phones and wallets and everything were confiscated. Yukimiya could see that David was making a fuss and throwing  tantrum like a child, which was not working, and that bastard is still blocking the view, move dammit– on the other hand, even Leon was wilting and my god, was he pouting ???

 

   So cute. Yukimiya’s heart melt. He had no resistance whatsoever. He had no idea how that woman managed to not give back his things just to see him happy. Uncultured swine, Yukimiya gave the woman stink eyes.

 

   Of course, David knew what Yukimiya was thinking. He always knew what others were thinking around his dear brother. Although Yukimiya was already on his shit list because he had a crush on his brother, he had to agree with him this time.

 

   He glared at Anri, Uncultured swine.

 

   Cold sweat poured down Anri’s back. Anri could recognize those looks everywhere. Including the one, two teenagers were giving her. If she didn’t know, wouldn’t she be useless as a proud fujoshi?

 

   I’m just doing my job!

 

   Anri wanted to cry, it’s truly hard being a woman in a bl novel.

 

   She used her weapon, feigning ignorance! Anri sweetly smiled and ignored the eyes boring holes onto her, “If you want to get back your things, try hard!”

 

   She got the pretty blonde’s attention, oh my fxxking god! Those eyelashes! That skin! WAit, is that the scent of lavender coming from him!?? At the smell of faint lavender, Anri felt her body relax and her thoughts claiming down.

 

   She understood where those boys come from. Though, she was not going to try her luck. She knew how it usually went, she didn’t want to end up six feet under, thank you. Being a melon eater ain’t that bad either.

 

   Anri thought excitedly as David glared at Yukimiya and Yukimiya smiled unnervingly at him, sparks flying between them, and the culprit, Leon uncaring of the battle going behind him and waited for her next words.

 

   She chuckled, “There’s a point system here. A point for a goal scored. You could use those points for whatever you like.”

 

   Leon’s eyes gleamed. Like, it really went sparkling. She also completed her hidden mission— ‘Anri-chan, use whatever means to get the indifferent Ose Leon interested in scoring’.

 

   It’s good that she didn’t have to resort to underhand tactics then, Anri maintained her smile.

 

   She handed the respective uniforms to three teenagers.

 

David: “Nii-chan, I got team W how about you?” 

 

Leon: “Also, team W.”

 

Yukimiya: “What a coincidence! I’m team W too!”

 

   “Fuck off!” David wasn’t interested in being polite. 

 

   “Don’t be stinky! Whether you want or not, we are going to end up together~” Yukimiya’s eyes were on Leon as he said this. David sensed the subtlety going on and grabbed Yukimiya by his shirt, and growled. “You!”

 

   His fist was about to move and the atmosphere was tense.

 

   Boys. Anri inwardly rolled her eyes.

 

   “David, Kenyu, stop here.” 

 

   Both boys stopped, for different reasons. 

 

   Nii-chan scolded me! All because of this bastard! David gritted his teeth, unable to do anything except glare from afar since his beloved brother was watching him.

 

   He called me by my first name… oh my god, Leon just called me by my first name! Yukimiya felt fainted, unreal, and threw a smug look at David.

 

   “You fxxking two-faced bxtch!” 

 

   David had enough and went for the glass-wearing boy. 

 

   “Ose David!” 

 

   One could tell that Leon was close to losing his patience. His aura freezing and his eyes, ice-cold.

 

   David flinched, “B-But nii-chan!”

 

   “No buts.”

 

   David’s head lowered, fist clenched.

 

   Yukimiya smirked inside, a new scheme forming as to how to get closer to Leon.

 

   “Yukimiya Kenyu.”

 

   Yukimiya looked as if he was lost and innocent outside. Truly, he should be an actor instead of a model. Should become a world-class actor instead of aiming for a top striker in the time he had.

 

   It should be easier for him anyway.

 

   “You are not free of guilt either.”

 

   Yukimiya felt as if cold water was thrown over his head, faced with the glare made by those gorgeous eyes, he felt his skin prick, as if tons of daggers were slowly skinning him alive.

 

   At the same time, he felt an unknown excitement along with the feeling of anxiety.

   

   Since meeting with the infamous Leon, Yukimiya was finding his new sides over and over.

 

   He looked cute! Glaring me! If it all took for Leon to always look at him was to glare at him, Yukimiya would take that over nothing.

 

   He bit his inner cheek, trying not to squeal out aloud.

 

   “Ouch!” “Ahh!”

 

   David and Yukimiya’s ears were twisted by Leon’s hands, and after giving Anri a nod, both of them were dragged away by Leon.

 

   After the trio was out of her sight, Anri lost all her composure. She blushed and fell to the ground holding the files to her chest.

 

   “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

~In the monitor room~

 

   In a big room, Ego was sitting in front of the huge monitor showing various small screens. In addition to being a huge football nerd, Ego was also a talented multitasker.

 

   His eyes were wide to an extreme, even making them bigger than the square glasses he was wearing. The pupils moved up and down, his brain restoring every piece of information.

 

   The moment Anri stepped into the monitor room, he knew.

 

   “Anri-chan,” he greeted nonchalantly without looking at her.

 

   Anri shivered, it wasn’t like he has eyes on the back of his head. Nonetheless, she returned the greeting and nodded even though she knew Ego couldn’t see it. “Ego-san.”

 

   “You did a good job in making Ose Leon interested in scoring.” 

 

   “It just happened by itself, Ego-san. He was interested in what he can get with the points.”

 

   “Nevertheless.”

 

   It went silent once more. Both of their gazes on the running figure of Leon, making goal after goal.

 

   “His own team and the enemy were nothing in front of him.”

 

   One screen, in particular, showed his team and enemy just stilling on the field instead of defending or stealing the ball like they were supposed to do. Well, except David, that’s it.

 

   “Isn’t it bad?” Anri asked worriedly.

 

   “Well, it’s supposed to be bad. However, if they can’t get over the fact that someone is better than them… they should get the fuck out of here. This is no place for them.

 

   An eerie dark aura hang around Ego, and Anri gulped, holding the folders tighter to her chest.

 

   But… but Ego-san… instead of not getting over the fact they there’s someone out there better than them… it seemed as if they fell prey to his charm.

 

   Anri could not speak it out loud, she did not want to have an argument with Ego. Maybe, he will see it one day.

 

   One of the screens replayed his beautiful shot. And it was not only toward his appearance. His plays, his appearance, his personality, everything about him made him appear out of this world.

 

   He looked like a fairy, a deity even. Someone unreachable and unreal. How could they dare to dream about defeating someone like him? Unless they recognize that he’s also a human or that, their other choice is practicing to get to his level to stand beside him… they will never get rid of his spells.

 

   He left them spellbound.

 

   “Those idiots are not even trying. Hmph… seemed like a tradition to the Teiko sports clubs,” The last part was a mumble but Anri heard it.

 

   Generation of Miracles. They were once the most famous sports team in Teiko before Leon and David. Though, instead of soccer, they were a basketball team with no rivals or allies alike. 

 

   In their third year, there were no teams that dared to face them. All of them gave up, just standing and doing nothing on the court, and the Generation of Miracles slowly lost interest.

 

   It was only after the rumored phantom sixth player brought them back to their old selves by defeating them, their love for basketball came back.

 

   Maybe, it was something about Teiko and its environment speaking.

 

   Anri could tell that Leon was also on the verge of losing his love for soccer. He was trying right now because he wanted the points.

 

   “Ose Leon is a polished gem, a gem that could get even more shinier. However, it is only if that bored attitude of him changed. On the other hand, his brother Ose David…”

 

   Ego clicked and David was now shown in ¼ of the big monitor. “...Rely too much on his brother. It was as if he played soccer for his brother, as if he was a cultist dedicated to his god.”

 

   Ego’s eyes narrowed. Okay, now it was a real creepy shit, Anri thought.

 

   “On their team, Yukimiya Kenyu is the third best after them. However, why was that idiot not moving a muscle ???

 

  A soccer nerd with not a romantic single bone in his body was confused. Like, even if he couldn’t be compared to them, he should at least be trying???

 

   Last time he checked, Yukimiya Kenyu was supposed to be someone who tried harder than anyone else because of his limited time.

 

   Now, what the fuck was this???

 

   Yukimiya Kenyu just looked at Ose Leon the whole time, and even licked at his lips occasionally. Did he go nuts???

 

   Ego couldn’t figure it out.

 

   As Ego went on complaining, Anri had the urge the flip off and just laugh.

 

   Instead, she restrained it and changed the focus.

 

   “Then, what do you suppose we do?”

 

   Ego had L’s posture and bit his nail. After a while, he said, “From now on, we could only watch. I wanted to originally put Ose Leon and Ose Divid in different teams. However, I changed my mind at the last minute because I had an inkling that Ose David would just drop out of the program had he wasn’t put together with his brother.”

 

   Anri side-eyed him, he has a good intuition, after all.

 

   “Yukimiya Kenyu… might just be stunned by Ose Leon’s beautiful play. And the rest of Team W and Team Y. Perhaps, they had a good reason for their disastrous and worthless plays, after all. Despite that, if they want to become the best striker, they had no time to be entranced by beautiful things.”

 

   Maybe, the man has a point. Anri absentmindedly noted.

 

   Ego was finally relieved as he found the answer. It wasn’t him choosing bad players!

1