► Episode 00
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

► United States ◄

Sometimes, there are situations that cannot be changed. Even with all the willpower in the world. And without realizing it, these situations become mere memories. Memories that cannot be replaced. Every now and then, we feel like none of this is real. That it was all just a dream. I stand up and look at myself in the mirror. Why do I always have this feeling that none of this was ever real? Yet, so many things have happened to me in just three years. I look around me, carefully contemplating every item in this dressing room. If someone had told me three years ago that I would end up here, I would have thought it was a joke. With an empty gaze, I reflect on everything that has happened. I smile and place my hand over my heart, closing my eyes.

"- It's been three years... We were the most precious..."

► Knock knock knock ◄

I open my eyes, hearing someone knocking on the door.

"- Come in!"

The door opens to reveal my manager, Mike Jones.

"- I'm sorry to disturb you, Rhéane!"

I notice that I still have my hand on my heart. I remove it and sit up straight in my chair.

"- No, don't worry... I'm not doing much."

"- Alright! I just came to tell you that it's almost your turn!"

"- Understood. Thank you..."

He closes the door and leaves me alone. I stand up completely from my chair and stand in front of the mirror, taking a deep breath.

"- You can do this, Rhéane!"

I lower my head, placing my hands on the table. My gaze lands directly on the photo hanging on the mirror, and I place my hand near my heart again.

"- Do you even know... that you are the only one who can make my heart beat like this?"

I sigh and observe the photo from one of his shoots. I take a deep breath, jumping ten times in place and spinning around three times before letting out a small demonic laugh. I burst out laughing and look back at the photo.

"- You're right, Aiden! I don't feel any stress anymore. Even after so many years, I still don't understand how it works."

► Knock knock knock ◄

I smile and turn around as the door opens.

"- Are you ready?"

"- Y-Yes!"

I smile at him and take my necklace. I turn around and face my manager, stopping for a moment to look at the photo.

"- Are you okay?"

"- Perfectly fine!"

I resume walking, and my manager closes the door.

"- You know you scare me?"

"- Why?"

"- Because it's almost an obsession with this actor. Plus, you don't even know him..."

I lower my head.

"- I'm sorry... Listen, I'm telling you this for your own good. I don't want the journalists to say anything they want about you."

I raise my head and look at him with a slight smile.

"- You're right! And starting tomorrow, you won't hear about it anymore."

"- I... Okay..."

He smiles at me and starts walking. I watch him before following along. When I arrive, one of the assistants steps forward.

"- Good morning, Miss Carlier!"

"- Good morning!"

"- It'll be your turn in five minutes!"

"- Very well! Thank you!"

Mike approaches me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"- You don't have to be afraid."

I remember Aiden's technique for not stressing and start smiling. I turn to Mike.

"- I'm not afraid! And besides... I'll never have any anxiety again... Thanks to the OULA technique."

He smiles at me.

"- That's great!"

Then, he starts frowning. I begin to position myself and hear him from afar.

"Wait, Rhéane! What's the OULA technique?"

I smile and take the microphone that the assistant hands me.

"After over a year of absence, I am pleased to announce the return of the magnificent Rhéane Carlier!"

I head towards the stage and thank him with a smile. I could hear the audience applauding.

"I missed this!"

I whisper these words to myself. I take the microphone and approach the spectators.

"Thank you for this warm welcome. And I genuinely hope that we will all have a great time together."

The applause from the audience touches my heart.

"And also... I want to dedicate this song... to the person who taught me everything..."

I raise my gaze a little higher.

"But also to the one who allowed me to be who I am today..."

I turn to the musicians with a big smile.

"Let's do it!"

All the lights dim, and then the spotlight shines a white light on me. Thus, the first notes resonate throughout the room. After a while, I finally start singing...

"Do you remember our meeting,

Because I do,

It's like all the stars,

No longer forming one; playing,

With each other,"

I close my eyes for a moment, remembering three years ago.

"We were just strangers,

Learning everything from each other,

And yet, in that moment...

You appeared to me,

But were we truly meant for each other?

For my part, I believe so!"

I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek. I put my hand on my necklace.

"We were just two souls,

Connected in two universes,

That didn't want us,

The memory of a love...

I suffer every day,

From your absence, from this void, from this distance,

From this life we will never know,

The memory of our love..."

I open my eyes again and notice the flashes of cell phones lighting up. I lower my head once more, thinking back to my life before... To understand it, you have to go back three years. That's where it all began... That's where my life changed...

0