Ch. 1 – Day 1 (April 6/2009/12:00)
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(FIs are basically Friend Inserts, one person is the Writer and the other is the insertee/character who has no idea what is happening to him. He has nearly zero knowledge of the setting and is flying blind by the seat of his over size underpants.)

[In this case, Tobi0478 is the Writer and NamesAreTheBaneOfMyExistence/Roy is the Insertee, I won't be reading the comments that are spoiler-ed, Tobi will check the un-spoiler-ed ones first as a general rule.]

Ch. 1 - Day 1 (April 6/2009/12:00)

 

Roy found himself in an interesting position, waking up on the bench of a bus stop the sight in front of him was perplexing. It was as if someone pulled a scene right out of a horror film. The green moon shone onto a deserted intersection, illuminating puddles of blood oozing out of chained coffins were littered throughout the city street. 


this is shaping up to be one of his more pleasant nightmares.’ He at least had his wallet, with about $100, some credit cards. He had his light coat for Fall, boots, and black pants.

The writing on various signs and screens were Japanese so it was safe to assume his dream was in Japan. If the bleeding coffins weren’t here this would’ve been a great vacation spot, but this was not that time. Despite the horrifying sight, the silence was starting to get eerie, not a single sound could be heard it was as if the entire city was deserted. 

 

Already this dream was abnormal, his thoughts were a lot clearer and coherent. Roy decided it would be prudent to find a weapon because it was unlikely he was going to find any help. The longer he walked the more he wondered if this was actually a dream, even if what he was looking at had the strange unnatural feeling similar to a dream. 

 

Wandering through the city he saw more of the same wherever he went. Large chained coffins oozing blood, pooling into green fluorescent puddles caused by the green moonlight. They were also positioned strangely, a lot of them were grouped on sidewalks while others were placed away from the groups in their own section and some oddly enough could be seen in vehicles at the driver locations or in front of seats. 

 

It looked like he had walked onto the set of a movie. One that was the size of the entire of an entire city block. He started to run forward to see how big this place actually was, but then stopped, feeling oddly vulnerable, remembering he wanted a weapon. He spotted something that looked like a museum of Japan’s history that or it was a gift shop. 

 

Within he found a few sparse coffins within, the forboding feeling hadn’t really left. If anything he felt it would be better if he left the country entirely. He wanted to shake off the feeling of a sensation in his muscles, but that didn’t seem like an instinct that would help him… survive whatever would be coming. There was definitely something coming, the blood leaking from the coffins looked a little too real for it to be a dream.

 

He recognized he was in denial, but was having trouble understanding, this was supernatural, “They don’t exist, right?” He muttered. 

 

There were a number of swords littering the walls, then he remembered Japanese swords were terrible to use as a weapon, but still it was better than nothing since he hadn’t seen any halberds. 

 

He took two smaller ones for his back, and a long one he held in his grip. 

 

“The best I got for now…” He muttered. 

 

Burble.

A loud wet bubbling sound resounded from outside. It was as if bubbles were forming from water.

Burble. Burble!

 

The sound grew louder and closer towards the entrance.

GARHHHH!!!

Followed by a large roar and an explosion as the entrance gate was ripped apart. Fragments of the gate flew towards Roy’s location.

 

The roar and the explosions made him reconsider his sword, he knew if he went to check he would become involved immediately. Unfortunately he didn’t think he would get much of a choice with what was coming towards him. Still he ran towards the back of the museum looking for a way out, hitting the fire alarm to cause a distraction. 

 

The sound of claws ripping apart the ground came next, whatever that was chasing Roy had its scent. Various exhibitions were tossed aside as something large rushed zeroed in on the fleeing human. A large claw grabbed a hold of his coat’s waist and pulled him back ragdolling him into the air. 

 

The breath went out of him as he understood how screwed he was, doing the only thing he could think of doing he twisted and stabbed away at the thing behind him, trying to aim for its eyes. Hitting them, and he came face to face with red eyes glared up, a large gaping mouth and a large dark purple body. The monster that had grabbed hold of him was large slime blob with clawed hands.

 

Before his mind had time to compute the monster he was hurled forth, he lost his grip on the sword when the thing clawed his front when he threw him, shredding his shirt and drawing blood. Sailing through the air, his landed against something fuzzy and hard. Some of the impact was absorbed but the damage still spread through his body stunning him.

Roy didn't understand what was happening to him, he had looked at what was an rpg monster that was a lot more dangerous than he remembered they were supposed to be. And Real. It resembled a horror movie monster more than anything, foreboding and impossible to stop. Not that he could move to do anything. 

 

The pain was coming that had ever so steadily been increasing just got worse until he couldn’t even think anymore. 

 

“GAH! Stop the bleed-AahhH,” there wasn’t any point in yelling but he couldn’t control he scream of pain. 

[You’re in quite a pickle here aren’t you.]

 

A light hearted voice resounded in his head, by his side a shadowy shape started to take shape. It was humanoid but it’s features were vague and blurry to the human eye. It’s form shifting and twisting, the mysterious figure turned towards him, the only distinguishable features were it’s gold eyes.

[Dragged into a mysterious city, it’s populace missing and a monster assaulting you. What a mystery you found yourself in, so what will you do now Accept your death at that things hand]

 

Pointing a finger at the monster who was approaching painfully slowly. Even the objects around it that were falling or flying in the air were moving at a snail’s pace.
Jh
Roy started to notice that in this weird instance his pain had dulled and his thoughts were clearer the pain and panic a distant thing.

[Or fight and find a new path]

 

“I...what on earth, what.” He shut it all down and rebooted, “While I love a good mystery, not dying is my first priority right now,” Roy said a little forced.

 

Despite how much the pain had lessened his mind was still trying to comprehend and cope with the situation of a mucus horror show about to eat him. 

 

There was also the mounting horror and panic he was trying to contain as he watched his blood flow out of his gouged chest. The pain reminding him whenever he tried to recognize he was about to die. 

 

[Good we are in agreement, then let us form a contract shall we] 

 

Four meters that was the distance between Roy and the monster. As if sensing Roy’s apprehension at the word contract the figure drew his hand up, pulled it under his chest and performed a bow

 

[Nothing malicious so do not worry] 

 

Raising it’s head golden eyes twinkled with anticipation 

 

[A mere contract that once you accept you are duty bound to solve this mystery. As long as you do not stray from your obligation my powers are at your disposal]

 

“As long its a simple ‘we work together, and there’s no stealing my soul for any reason, making me do anything I don’t want to, or controlling me in some manner’ then yes.” Dying was bad, he read Fate stay night, and he knew about making contracts with known entities. Had he been more coherent and not dying Roy would’ve asked for it in writing. 

 

But he wasn’t.

[Marvelous] 

 

Blue flames formed a ring between them, it was warm and comforting not burning either of them.

[I am thou...]

The figure’s form started to ripple and enfluged in a blue cocoon.

[Thou art I...]

 

Bit by bit the cocoon started to break of starting from its feet. Dress shoes dark blue in colour and the bottom helm of a long coat started to appear.

[From the sea of thine Soul, I have come forth...]

 

Reaching near his neck it was clear the figure was male. Clad in a long dark blue coat with a white dress shirt underneath, the figure spread its’ right hand outwards towards you. A cane forming from the hand and a smoking pipe held securely in his left hand.

 

[You have pulled a decent card, I am a seeker of truth]

A simple mask sea green mask formed on his face, a blue deer skinned hat placed securely on his head. A blue card appeared in your mind, it was the face of a clown on one side. Spinning you saw the other side, the figure of a man walking holding a stick with a bag tied at its end and a dog trailing behind him. The number zero imprainted at the bottom.

[The detective Sherlock Holmes]

 

“Pulled a card,” he asked in disbelief, “What is this Yu-Gi-Oh?” Even then as he said this Roy was amazed, by his appearance, he looked...well almost exactly like how he imagined him to be, even with his dumb deerstalker hat. 

 

He couldn’t explain why but he never liked that hat. 

 

[Let us discuss my choice later]

Time sped up once more, holding his pipe out fire erupted spraying the monster causing it howl in pain. It squirmed in pain and retreated out into the streets.  

   

[Now then.]

Point his pipe towards your it glowed green.

[Let’s get you patched up. Dia]

 

A green glow covered Roy’s form easing the pain slowly dissipating it.

 

‘Oh boy.’ The pain was gone, and he felt like he could leap a building. He quickly shook off the high, when he remembered where he was. 

 

‘Right Slime thing.’ 

 

“Got anything destructive, maybe an Excalibur I can throw at it?” he managed. 

[I am a detective, if you wanted a holy sword wielding knight your fresh out of luck. Besides think of our location]

Sherlock gestured to the somewhat damaged Museum.

[I highly suggest that we cause no further damage to public property. The Game is afoot, the criminal- I mean monster is still on the run.]

 

Roy seriously doubted the collateral damage would matter, since this looked like an apocalypse scenario, that or dimensional shenanigans. In the end, he decided it was best to do what the magical detective from the 1800s said, “What do you want me to do?”  

 

[Just walk closer to the monster. From what I can conclude I am drawing my power from you and the further I am from you the more there will be a drain. In layman terms think of out situation as a mix of stands from jojo with servants from Fate.]

 

”...To be clear. Are you an Archer class?” Archer Class OP. Roy cautiously walked closer, surprised there wasn’t even a hint of his former injuries. His eyes twitched and decided not to even bother trying to understand how ridiculous his healing abilities were and ignored it completely, there was only so much he could handle. 


[Clearly I am lacking a bow and was Sherlock not of the Ruler class?]

”He was, don’t mean you can’t summon servants in other classes. The rules were pretty much which sold more merch.” 

 

The conversation helped him focus better and put things into better perspective. One he could comprehend. They walked outside closer to where the slime was, Roy was less worried with Sherlock hovering protectively near him.  

[True, the more out of place the servant is from their natural class like Archer Artoria the more marketable they become]

Once outside the room, the one next over the two were greeted with the sight of the injured monster devouring smaller versions of itself. With each monster eaten the shadow’s burned form started to heal and it grew larger

[None of that now.] 

 

The shadows hands holding its meal exploded making it howl in pain. Once it’s pained howl died down the monster glared hatefully at the two.

 

[Roy feel any drain at all from my spells, things are-] 

 

Floating in front of Roy, Sherlock held his cane out in a stance.

 

[-about to get messy]

 

Roy watched him slash at the monster pushing it back, “I’m fine. Feeling a slight drain but nothing major.”  

[Fascinating]

The monster lunged at Sherlock, waving his left hand a wave of fire washed over the creature making it wail once more. Pressing the advantage Sherlock struck, chopping it’s left hand off. Fueling the flames, burnt the arm until there were only black specks on the floor forcing the monster to retreat into the streets outside.

[Fire seems to be effective enough]


The monsters howl attracted the attention of smaller versions of it, a total of five smaller slimes appeared from inside the museum. The giant monster soon started shaking in synch with the smaller ones. Crying out in an explosion of dark goo a blue mask appeared on them, the mask had eyes and a frowning face. A Distinct feature on the mask was the roman numeral two. 


“Wonderful. We’re fighting a slime Hollow,” Roy noted however it didn’t have a hole in its chest. This likely wasn’t Bleach, even if there were monsters similar to it. The mask did seem important somehow, maybe he was supposed to have one himself?

 

“Yo Sherlock, any powers I can do myself or is it all you?”  While not doing anything himself he was still feeling restless. 

 

[The spells I have been using the fire spell Agi, the healing spell Dia and a buffing spell Tarukaja]

 

Roy buffed Sherlock feeling something of a drain. 


[The spells should come instinctively to you.]

 

The monsters started to circle around them, fearful of the smoke coming from Sherlock's pipe, eyeing it warily.


[Roy I propose a plan, I will take on the large one while you hold your ground taking the smaller ones. Once I am done with the large one I shall return]

 

Roy smiled unconfidently, “One slime that took me out by itself, having brought his clone brothers. Ha ha, this is going to be great.”  

 

He wasn’t one to underestimate his opponents not until the battle was over. He made sure to get some more distance because he knew they were fast. 

He snapped and pointed in one fluid motion, “Agi.” An explosion of fire knocked them all back, causing a much bigger force than what he was expecting. 

 

Smelling the smoke of well cooked wood he remembered he was supposed to watch for collateral, but when the slimes tried to rush him, he thought, ‘insurance probably covers magical slime monsters.’ 

 

Roy buffed himself and realized he could move a lot faster under this, almost at the speed of a slow moving car. Not fast enough for the slimes of course as he launched another flame spell to get more distance, but better than before. 

 

the drain a lot more excessive, enough they were consumed, and black soot dominated a large part of the room. The room damaged beyond what simple repairs could fix, some of the steel of antique weaponry warped from the heat generated in the explosion. Parts of the walls crumbled and fell inwards.  

 

“Ha ha, whoops.” 

 

As Roy fought against the smaller foes, Sherlock and the large monster has been sizing each other up. 

 

[Now then, let’s resume our earlier engagement]

 

Rushing forth Sherlock stroked his pipe along his cane coating the weapon in fire. Colliding against the monster, the detective sent it down onto the street then he stabbed his cane downwards impaling it.

Howling the monster lashed upwards to repel the detective. Which was futile, the detective waves his pipe reducing the hands into ash.

 

[What a peculiar mask, curious I wonder what lies hidden underneath] 

Roy wondered, “Sherlock rip off the mask and try to put it on.” It was quite literally one of the few things left besides making SHerlock eat the thing. Didn’t think it would be very healthy for him to try.

[That sounds highly dangerous? But I am curious nonetheless]

 

“What’s the worst that could happen?” 

 

As Sherlock reached down to grasp the mask the monster shook and grew spikes from its body to skewer the detective. Flying back to avoid the spikes, Sherlock stamped down on the cane driving it through the enemy then increasing the flame. 

 

[Oh my, it seems highly defensive of it] 

 

Desperation was clear on its eyes as it tried in vain to resist but to no avail. Grasping it firmly Sherlock tore the mask of.

 

“I kind of feel bad for it…” 

 

The monster started cracking, rays of light surging out then exploded in chunks of back goo. The goo then dispersed into the air but neither Roy or Sherlock gave the goo much thought. At the centre of the explosion was a fairy, it was the size of Roy’s hand with red hair, butterfly wings and dressed in a blue leotard.

[Oh my, a fae]

 

”You know...if I hadn’t been completely sure this place was anime,” referring to his timely save, magical historical detective from the past and generic rpg monster, “the midget fairy clinched it.”

[Who are you calling a midget!?] 

 

Said midget flung herself against Roy pulling his face with surprising strength an expression of anger on its tiny face.

[Fascinating, truly fascinating] 

 

Twirling his cane the detective’s golden eyes gleamed with interest.

Ch. 2 - Day 1 (April 6/2009/Unknown Time) Roy (Written in Permanent Marker) Ch. 2

 

After persuading the small fairy to stop mauling his summoner Sherlock set her down on a bench before questioning them on their current situation. It was a bit chilly so the detective made a small fire ball hovering it near the fairy which she huddled up close to warm herself.

 

Roy just sat listening to the madness, resting from the mad battle. Sherlock puffed his pipe as he gleaned info from the floating winged leprechaun. 

 

[To summarise your story Miss Pixie, we are currently in Japan. In a city known as Tatsumi Port Island and you my dear have no memory of how you became that monster which you call a Shadow and the two of us are Persona. Beings who are manifestations of thought born from the collective consciousness of mankind.]

“Sounds Legit.” Roy felt a little disappointed he didn’t find any of it surprising, kind of disappointing in a way. This place was still amazing to look at, if he didn’t have to worry about the slime he would’ve been taking pictures. 

 

[That about sums things up Mr detective]

 

[Fascinating, so milady those beings we fought are known as Shadows. Forms we Persona take if we are somehow corrupted or “Rejected” as you described]

 

[I… think so, sorry Mr detective. I don’t remember much at all. If not for you freeing me I would probably be still a monster eating other shadows and humans devouring their minds] Her wings falling on the bench as a dejected look appeared on her face.

 

Roy hummed in sympathy wondering how many slime Shadows were like this, "What are your plans?"

 

[I haven’t thought about it] 

 

Flying up slightly her head turned left and right looking at the city 

 

[This city feels weird, I don’t recognise it at all. Even if I wonder about I… worry I might just get turned back into a shadow or worst get eaten]

Sherlock golden eyes glinted at Roy as they both exchanged glances.

 

"Why don't you come with us, even if you turn into that thing we can just rip your mask off again." As long as Sherlock doesn't turn into one as well.

 

[Really?!] 

 

Instantly a cheerful smile blossomed.

 

[Thank you so much!!!!] 

 

Once more she tackled Roy in the face, tears streaming down her face. 

 

[So let’s form a contract right now!]

 

'She's very hyperactive,' "Contract?" Roy looked Sherlock, "So what he and I have? Yeah why not same conditions apply and an added one of how you're not secretly the devil else the contract would be null and void."

 

[Conditions? Hmm I don’t know what you guys did. For me just stay with me I don’t like being lonely that’s enough]

 

"They aren’t big, just the usual.” At her acceptance he continued, “Alright, we're in agreement then."

 

[Yay!!] 

 

The picture of a card appeared in Roy’s mind, it was the same design as when he made a contract with Sherlock only on the other side was a pair of eyes, hands holding a ball of fire between them and the roman numeral two at the bottom

 

[I AM THOU AND THOU ART I...] 

 

Pixie’s body glowed blue encasing it in a blue cocoon as she floated closer to Roy

 

[I am Pixie, I shall now reside in your heart] 

 

Becoming a ball of energy she entered into his body, it felt like a rush of energy. 

 

A brief moment passed, "Alright, you there Pixie?"

 

[It’s so roomy in here] 

 

Her voice resounded in your head, Sherlock started to move as he took notice of something. 

 

[Oh what’s this here]

'that roomy comment better not be a dig, or I’ll evict you.'

[Miss Pixie I suggest you do not go about your stressing our contracter enough as it is.]

 

[Dig? I can dig things here. Oh where can I get a pick axe or a shovel are there diamonds here!!] 

 

Roy heard some rustling as Pixie flew around. 

 

[Oh is that a forest it feels familiar? Hmm oh found a shovel!]

 

Roy was in shock, 'It sounds like there's land in...are you on a planet?' What in the world was in...his own mind. Roy found felt like he was toeing the line of madness. 

 

Roy shook his head, maybe walking outside would help him deal with this better.

 

[Planet… well we are living on Earth so we’re on a planet?] 

 

Blowing out smoke Sherlock raised his head up looking at something.

'Wait, that's not what I meant.'

[I believe it may be her making her own mental scape in your mind. Fairies are commonly found in forests so she’s just projecting her memories of her home think of it like an inner world in Bleach where the Zanpaktou reside.] Sherlock floated ahead his eyes focused on the sky.

 

'Those are one too many assumptions, but seems legit.' Roy left the museum wandering back out onto the eerie silence of the city streets.

 

[Yes, now Roy I think I have found a huge clue that may be the key to our mystery. Miss Pixie when you said that the city felt weird is it by any chance emanating from that large ominous tower]

As Roy walked outside he realized what they were talking about.

 

"If that thing isn't it, then there must be something seriously wrong with the water supply in this city." Looking at the massive green tower in the distance.

 

It was a twisted amalgamation of buildings with a random clock looking structures much too big for its weight hanging near the top. From its sides large amount of blood waterfell into the horizon. 

 

[Oh.. it looks like a tower of death reaching for the moon?] 

 

Pixie’s voice was a mixture of confusion and frustration, Roy could hear her dropping something.

 

'Has she been digging this entire time…' Roy closed his eyes electing to ignore it, "Tower of Death?"

 

[Reaching for the moon. Hmm, well the design itself just spells tower of doom with the large amounts of blood dripping down and.. I believe it to be over 200 stories or so? But it appears to be moving higher. Further information is needed for now let’s call it the tower of doom or the tower of Ba...] 

 

Sherlock hesitated on the last word as if mulling it over. 

 

[No not enough information to give that thing that designation]

 

"So...wanna climb it?" Having a magical super being mitigated much of the apprehension.

 

[We are far too weak to attempt such an expedition nor do we have the supplies]

 

Hmm, he was probably right considering the few Shadows that showed up it would make sense the freaky tower would be HQ for the rest.

 

[Speaking of supplies, Roy despite my warning for collateral damage you have caused quite a ruckus in the museum.]

 

"Priorities."

 

[Yes, your life is of a higher priority but you turned a small break in into a bomb detonation back there. I hope we our far away when things go back to normal]

 

"It's too bad none of the Shadows dropped loot."

 

[Oh you mean all this paper money and coins] The ringing of coins as they drop resounded in your head 

 

"Yes?" 

 

'Apparently I have a bag of holding for a mind.'

 

[Slipped out when you two were walking out. It was where you fought the shadows so I just took them] 

Then the sound of a chest being opened was heard followed by the shoveling of earth.

 

'Correction, my mind is a Reality Marble.'

 

[How much did we obtain Pixie and are you placing all the money in a chest then digging a hole to bury said chest?]

 

[Yes, something wrong with it?]

[No carry on, I am just wary of side effects of transporting objects into one’s mind so far we have not noticed anything wrong]

 

'My body is made of soil.

My mind of sand

Unlimited Loot works.' The image of exploding into sand, earth, and chests was an interesting one. 

 

"I don't think there is."

 

[Wait… you’re an earth elemental Roy? Weird you look pretty human to me] The sound of shoveling continued.

 

"Uh, those are a thing?" Trying not to wince each time the shovel hit dirt.

 

[Wait don’t you know anything of your own species!]

 

"Wait, I thought you had amnesia?" 

 

[Partial knowledge of those things are common knowledge still you feel like a human?]

[No he’s human he’s just reciting an edited version of a spell]

[Ohh, so he’s a ma-] Their conversation was interrupted by a roar. Turning towards the voice the party was greeted by the sight of another large shadow slime emerging from the alley.

It’s hands grabbing onto the sides trying to drag it’s large body out into the open street. 

 

Roy stared at the approaching monster and information flowed in. That hadn’t happened last time. 

 

[Oh your starting to use my other ability, it's called Scan something you would recognize as an ‘analysis’ of your opponent] 

 

‘Analysis. Why didn’t I think I was in Fate again?’ 

 

Information about it’s size, it’s main reason for attacking. The gnawing hunger driving the monster to attack others to devour their mind. Amongst the stream of information, two important fact stood out.

One the slime body was not it’s true form and two it’s absorbing the surrounding heat into its body.

 

"Its absorbing the heat...so it's a flame type?"

 

[Oh that’s a troublesome ability those that just absorb fire] Pixie chimed in the sound of digging stopped as something heavy fell in Roy’s mind.

Even though magic wasn't supposed to make sense, whenever pixie messed around in Roy's mind he felt very disconcerted.

Pulling it’s body free from the alley the shadow rushed towards Roy.

[Ne ne Roy switch with me Mr detective’s fire will do you no good]

 

"Sure."

 

[Yay] The sound of glass breaking echoed in Roy’s mind. The stream of information vanished, the power to create fire and body enhancements were exchanged for enhanced magical power and lighting magic.

 

"Sweetness. Pixie use lightning." 

 

'now its pokemon.'

 

[ZIO!!!] The monster was halfway to them when a bolt of lighting bolt rained down from the sky crashing down on the monster.

‘No wait, it’s discount Fate/Zatch bell.’

ARGHHHH!!!!!

It’s body convulsed as arcs of electricity was grounded on the street, like a zit the monster exploded. From the gooey body feathers emerged, a large black bird soared into the sky. It had a red collar with breasts defining it as a female and a golden bird like half mask with a beak and its top edges shaped in a crown. The roman numeral three imprinted on it. 

 

"Blast it again, but aim for the mask this time." Roy hoped a glancing blow might tear it off.

 

[YAY!!] Two consecutive lightning bolts came down, the shadow twisted in the air attempting to dodge by the second bolt clipped it’s wing sending the shadow down. With an angry caw, the shadow’s eyes glared hatefully at Roy as it dived dow.

Winds picking up a small tornado starting to form beneath his feet.

[Dodge!!] Lighting struck down on Roy’s position weakening the tornado’s power.

 

He reacted quickly, and rolled away to dodge the blast. Roy figured he wasn’t immune to his persona's attacks. His body ached with phantom pains, wanting to just sit down, roll over and sleep forever. 

 

Blades of wind ripped at his legs causing several wounds. The smell of ozone was thick as the area where the two spells colidded was smoking. 

 

He didn’t even have a chance to scream in pain, the danger to his life had him ignore it. 

 

[Run!!] 

 

From above the bird was crashing down it’s talons spread out to seize his body.

 

Roy didn’t need to be told twice and shifted to the side, throwing one of the smaller blades as he brandished one out. 

The blade was deflected with its beak. It was too late the shadow’s talons gripped Roy’s waist slamming him down. Grunting in pain as the talons squeezed ready to tear him apart.

[Quick close your eyes and clench!]

 

Eyes shut Roy quickly gripped the small sword in his coat and stabbed both of them into the Shadow. 

 

The sword lodged itself in the bird.

[ZIONGA!] 

 

A much larger tower of lighting struck down, the flash was blinding as both Roy and the shadow were electrocuted. Thunder roared drowning out their screams.

The sword acted as a lighting rod multiplying the damage forcing it to spasm.

Due to Pixie’s presence the damage Ryo and the fact that he was on the ground lessened the damage greatly. He found himself thrown away, flying through the air he caught sight of the monster, arcs of electricity roaming its body trying in vain to use its talons to pull the sword out.

The swords hilt and guard appeared damaged and burnt, the metal blade however was fine in fact it gained a soft glow.

 

Crashing against a street bench Pixie materialized catching Roy by the helm of his coat using her surprising strength she softened the landing. [I gotcha!]

The cries of the bird attracted a growing number of shadows rising from the nearby alleyways. Their glowing red eyes gazing at Roy in hunger.

Roy was in incredible pain as he found it hard to think, and he was swordless, “Right... Pixie heal please, then… blast all of them.” 

 

[All Right, don’t worry leave it all to me] 

 

With a smile her left hand glowed green rejuvenating Roy, five meters away ten smaller shadows rushed forth from all sides. Their arms reaching out to grasp either of them.

[Pixie aim for that pole over there]

[Mazio] 

 

Lighting illuminated the area once more, 11 small lighting bolts rained down striking each blob stunning them. The last blot struck the electric pole near the struggling bird, sparks flew as the pole fell right on top it burying it.

“SCREEARHHH!!!!” It’s pained scream echoed through the city.

 

Roy was panting, he took slow breaths trying to control his breathing as Roy worked through the increasing phantom pains, he quickly told Pixie, “Get its mask off!”

 

[All Right] 

 

Just as she flew towards their downed foe wind picked up swirling around the down bird. The metal cables Creating a barrier of wind pushing pixie back. 

 

[It’s got more strength left then we thought and.] Looking down she took note of how the blobs were slowly started to recover from her earlier attack.

[Falling back is an ideal option] 

 

Sherlock’s voice came through, 

 

[or we could press the attack finish off the weaker shadows now. Wait-]

“Mazionga!!” The echo of a gunshot and breaking glass rang out drawing their attention to their right. At the end of the street was a white haired teen, dressed in a red vest and black pants holding an oddly shaped gun to his head. 

 

Instantly thunder echoed as multiple large lighting strikes more powerful than pixie struck each shadow disintegrating them. However the barrier on held and grew smaller but wasn’t broken.

A large muscled blond haired giant had materialized in front of the youth. Its body looked cartoonishly ripped while his left arm was marginally smaller. and a giant stinger for a right arm.

Roy was startled as his mind connected the dots from the gun to the person, “What.”

“Good, I made it in time,” Rushing forth the youth looked towards Roy,"Hang in there it will be over soon."

 

“No seriously, why.”

 

2