Chapter 32: The Tyrant Behemoth
76 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground was trembling nonstop as a towering desolate monster had suddenly emerged, wreaking havoc among the protégés of the Holy Citadel City and the Celestial Sword Clan as they marched in double columns along the difficult mountain paths.

As soon as Ye Jing jumped off her sedan to investigate the commotion, she was startled as soon as she caught sight of the behemoth beast that had three gigantic horns on its ape like face and a body that was like gigantic lizard, “What is this?”

Even Young Master Yun Xinghe was dumbfounded as he stepped out of his magnificent carriage, “This…this is the Tyrant Behemoth!”

Ye Jing was immediately stunned when she had heard the name of this monster. It was an 8th rank desolate monster. Its strength could even rival many 9th rank saint beasts.

Yu’Er was panicky. She was in her phoenix form and she had used all her might to manifest a fireball with her blood essence on the Tyrant Behemoth. But the Tyrant Behemoth simply absorbs the exploding fireball as though it was a ball of harmless water that was hurled on it.

Xiaofang immediately said, “I will go to the front…”

Ye Jing shouted panicky, “Xiaofang wait…”

But he had already leapt with a lightning speed toward the frontline and Ye Jing’s voice disappeared in the ensuring panicky din.

Celestial Yun Chen was overheard shouting to his fellow protégés, “Don’t give in to panic. Get into your sword arrays!”

Elder Chu Yunfeng was shouting the same to the protégés of the Holy Citadel City, “Get into the Holy Citadel Sword Arrays, quickly!”

Li’Er gasped panicky, “Mistress, what is this thing. It…already killed dozens…”

Ye Jing said quietly, “It is an 8th rank desolate monster. Even though we have hundreds here but I’m afraid that today we are not able to get past it to the other side of the mountains. An 8th rank desolate monster can easily be classified as a Saint Beast…”

A Saint Beast was not something mere celestials could easily overcome and even a Golden Celestial would not think lightly of one.

Young Master Yun Xinghe was trembling as he spoke, “Maybe Celestial Elder Yun Chen has a way. If not, we may need to take another route. But such a powerful desolate monster shouldn’t be in this vicinity. The mountains around here are used by many travelers…”

The celestial realm was a realm that was covered by endless mountain ranges and peaks. No one really knows how vast the entire realm was. The many celestial clans and populations were situated high above the mountains. Usually the powerful celestial clans would be situated on mountains that were rich in spiritual veins that were refined by rich deposits of jadeites. That would be the most ideal place for cultivation. Other than spiritual veins and jadeites, mountains that were rich in silver and gold celestiums were also ideal, since silver and gold celestiums were very much needed to make precious weapons.

Below the mountains, were thick desolate mists and endless bottomless valleys that were filled with many powerful desolate monsters. The spiritual force below the desolate mists was poor and unsuitable for cultivation. Moreover the presence of the desolate forces was too overwhelming and could easily corrupt a cultivator inner core. However because of this very same reason, it was the ideal place for the desolate monsters that fed upon it.

In a way, the desolate mists acted as a natural barrier between the desolate beasts below and the divine beasts that dwelled high in the mountains.

The desolate force below the mountains had actually come from the same mountain veins as the spiritual veins that the cultivators depend upon. The only difference was that this desolate force could actually be refined by the rich deposits of jadeites in the mountains and by the purifying aura above the mountains that were continuously cleansed by the divine lightning.

From time to time, there would always be a possibility that a powerful desolate monster would emerged from the valley below.

Since the spiritual force in these mountains were just average, it would mean that there may be a few powerful desolate beasts that were lurking at the bottom.

The richer the spiritual force in the mountains, the weaker the desolate force that was at the bottom. Therefore it was not wrong to say that spiritual rich mountains usually do not have powerful desolate beasts below the desolate mists.

At this moment the Tyrant Behemoth was ravaging through the ranks of the defenders and there were agonizing cries from the wounded.

The protégés of the Divine Sword Clan had arranged themselves in a sword array of 12 fighters each while the Holy Citadel City protégés were in a sword array of 10 fighters.

By being in a tightly array, the protégés were able to joined their martial aura together, vastly increasing their martial defenses as they stopped the rapid charge of the Tyrant Behemoth. But still, every blow that came from the Tyrant Behemoth forced the Celestial Sword Clan protégés to take two steps back while the Holy City Citadel protégés were forced to take four or more steps back, with many succumbing from the shock of the tremendous blows.

In a way, the sword array of the Celestial Sword Clan was superior to the Holy City Citadel judging by the scene.

As the defenders scurried to form their sword arrays while carrying the wounded away, the many superior swordsmen of both clans were attacking the Tyrant Behemoth with their profound martial strokes or sword energies.

By this time the Celestial Sword Clan had formed 10 sword arrays, 5 in front and 5 in the back as they raised their swords together to synergize their martial aura together into a near impregnable wall of martial force aura while dozens others took the opportunity to attack the monster.

Celestial Yun Chen was naturally at the front line as he raised his sword repeatedly.

The sword arrays of the Holy Citadel City were broken quickly and the protégés of the Holy Citadel City could only look on miserably as they carried their numerous wounded protégés away. They had made way for the protégés of the Celestial Sword Clan to take over the lead and they could feel the disdainful glances of the Celestial Sword Clan protégés that were on them.

It was as though they were saying to them, “Move aside, you useless group. Don’t get into our way. This is the difference between a superior clan and a lesser clan.”

Although Elder Chu Yunfeng was not wounded but when he saw the disdainful glances, his pride took a great beating and he was shaking lightly. He had led his protégés to put a fierce defense but under the weight of the Tyrant Behemoth attacks, their sword arrays quickly crumbled.

All of  a sudden there were loud screams from the Celestial Sword Clan protégés as the Tyrant Behemoth seemingly grown more powerful as it torn through the sword arrays of the Celestial Sword Clan as though it was a piece of cake.

One must know that the sword array of the Celestial Sword Clan was equivalent to a full martial force aura of a golden celestial or two depending on the martial strength of the sword array practitioners.

But even Celestial Yun Chen had taken a misstep and was spanked by the Tyrant Behemoth. He was slammed through the air and crashed into the mountain cliff with a tremendous impact, shocking everyone!

Celestial Yun Chen immediately coughed out blood upon the tremendous impact as he dropped to the ground below!

The expressions that were on the surviving fighters were solemn because Celestial Yun Chen was a superior golden celestial and even with everyone providing defenses for each other so that the more powerful fighters such as Celestial Yun Chen could fully focus on attacking, they were still not able to scratch this monster. Now that Celestial Yun Chen had fallen, who else could lead them into defeating this monster? Therefore they were all secretly afraid.

That was the moment that Xiaofang had arrived at the scene. Immediately he swung his divine sword and made a quick double slash at the Tyrant Behemoth.

He quickly evaded from the towering Tyrant Behemoth when he realized that even with all his martial power, he was not able to damage this monster. The desolate aura that was enveloping the monster was too powerful and on the same level as a Sacred Saint.

Chu Yunfeng quick shouted, “Brother Fang, be careful!”

It was because he could see that the Tyrant Behemoth’s eyes were staring at Xiaofang…

Xiaofang immediately took more steps back as he evaded a crushing blow that exploded thunderous near him, which immediately sent three nearby fighters to their agonizing demise!

He quickly repositioned himself with his divine sword and there was a bright halo that surrounded his silhouette figure.

Chu Yunfeng, Ye Jing, Li’Er, Young Master Yun Xinghe and many others were gasping with astonishment. That bright halo that was produced by his divine sword could only mean one thing, that Xiaofang had already divine harmonized with his divine sword!

Only if a person could divine harmonized with a divine sword can the spiritual will of the divine sword be wield to the fullest potential. Or else the wielder may only wield 0-30% of the potential of the divine sword.

It was also not an easy feat to accomplish. It often required decades and even centuries, sometimes even with invalid results to successfully divine harmonized with a divine sword.

Ye Jing knew that Xiaofang only had the divine sword for less than two weeks. How could he have divine harmonized with the divine sword so quickly? For Ye Jing, she had been cultivating with her divine sword for more than a year now and she could only use around 15-20% of her divine sword true prowess.

So naturally she was more shocked.

Chu Yunfeng and Li’Er could not believe their eyes when they saw the rainbow hues of the halo that was lit on Xiaofang’s divine sword. Like Ye Jing, they knew that Xiaofang only had his divine sword for less than two weeks…

Chu Yunfeng was staring blankly at Xiaofang. He was actually prepared to dedicate a hundred years of quiet sword meditation to divine harmonized with his divine sword once he was back to the Holy Citadel City. If he fails, then he would give up until he had successfully breakthrough to the Immortal Celestial level.

He knew that Xiaofang was just a 17 year old kid, according to the Holy Consort. But at this moment, he truly believed that Xiaofang was actually some hundreds years old freak that had been cultivating already for centuries. After all if a person was at the Immortal Celestial level then they would no longer age and Xiaofang was already at the Immortal Celestial level.

At this moment, Xiaofang had suddenly leapt from where he was and his after-images flashed to strike at the Tyrant Behemoth with a thunderous impact as he slashed furiously across its body. The strike worked and blood spluttered from the body of the Tyrant Behemoth!

Immediately the demoralized fighters had a ray of hope and there were even thunderous cheers from many. Although the Tyrant Behemoth was not seriously wounded but this was the first blood that they had mustered despite the presence of 700 swords, so it was a great morale booster and it came from Xiaofang!

But the Tyrant Behemoth was so enraged now that its three horns began to discharge dozens of lightning randomly across its line of sight.

Ye Jing gasped, “Xiaofang! Be careful!”

Almost immediately dozens of protégés were burnt and shocked by the lightning bolts!

Even Xiaofang was hurled into the air by the static field that was generated by the Tyrant Behemoth as he was positioned very near to it…

Ye Jing had flashed to the point of conflict in the next instant!

When Young Master Yun Xinghe saw Ye Jing flashing to the Tyrant Behemoth, he was so startled that he quickly called out. “Maiden Ye Jing, don’t go there…”

Even Li’Er had cried out, “Mistress! It’s too dangerous…”

Dozens of lightning were flashing everywhere and there were panicky outcries from everywhere.

“Maintain the sword arrays!”

“Push out all your profound strength if we want to survive this attack!”

“Maintain our defensive aura! Don’t panic!…”

While everyone was pushing out all their profound strength to synergy to their sword arrays for more protection against the furious lightning bolts, everyone could see Ye Jing flashing across the field as she evaded one lightning after another, stunning all the onlookers…

If there was one martial skill that Ye Jing was truly good at, it was her swiftness movement skill for she had spent day and night training, sneaking around the premises of the Holy Citadel City as she spied at the many interesting sights that she saw at night.

Moreover after consuming the Blue Aura Divine Pill, her body felt three times lighter and she felt as light as a feather. In addition, her Divine Sense had developed to the divine state of the Traverse and Seventh Sense, giving her acute perception in tracking the energy fluctuations that were around her. Even though the lightning bolts were swift but to her, it was flashing at a slow motion!

In a blink of an eye, she had evaded dozens of lightning and she was instantly next to Xiaofang as she caught him in mid-air as she gasped panicky, “Xiaofang, I am here! Are you alright?”

Xiaofang had been temporary stunned by the static field and he coughed weakly, “Jing’Er, why are you here? Get behind immediately. I can handle this alone!…”

But Ye Jing silenced him with a smile as they landed softly, “I am here to save your ass. What else will I be here?”

She lifted her divine sword gently and thought, “I can divine harmonized with my sword as well. I can sense the divine aura of my sword now…”

Indeed in the next instant, there was a brilliant rainbow halo on the tip of her divine sword and there was a beautiful humming resonant from its blade.

Ye Jing swung her divine sword at the Tyrant Behemoth as several after-images of her sword searched for the lowest energy emulation before tearing a bigger second wound on its body!

This sent the Tyrant Behemoth into a terrible rage and its furious roar exploded the air around Ye Jing and Xiaofang!

All of a sudden the ground below them had collapsed, sending Ye Jing, Xiaofang and the Tyrant Behemoth into the desolate mist below!

Yu’Er was startled and she flew at great speed after them into the desolate mist!

2