Volume 1 Chapter 10: It all begins here
1.9k 18 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon or Ko-Fi, they are 40 Chapters ahead!

(Walson)

If I were to bring this marvelous baby back to Earth, I would be rich.

Definitely rich.

Stinking rich.

I will most likely be swimming in gold.

I never expected the [Malbor Potion of Healing] to be able to regenerate limbs.

This is completely unheard of! I know it can be used to heal injuries, but I have never heard anyone mention any healing method close to growing new arms and legs in this world, and I doubt this could happen back on Earth until several centuries have gone by.

What the hell did I make? This is almost as good as a miracle cure.

Oh wait, I remembered something. It was said that healing potions in this world can only heal injuries, wounds, and restore vitality, but not cure any sickness or disease. I guess this isn't a miracle cure after all.

Therefore, using healing potions to try and cure statuses such as [Poison] would be pointless. Despite [Bleeding] being counted as an abnormal status, it's something that can be cured with healing potions in this world.

But still! This is astonishing! And fascinating.

I wonder what other potions will be like.

Speaking of which, I have a theory related to curing status effects and diseases.

[Milk].

Yup, you heard me right. I said [Milk].

Within Minecraft, consuming a bucket of milk will immediately remove any and all negative status effects. Anything from poisoning, being on fire, blindness, withering, can be removed.

Err... slight correction. [Milk] also reduces positive status effects. So it removes status effects of all kinds, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.

Milk is an excellent consumable in times of need.

I have done a little test regarding [Milk]. After placing some bottles of milk in this world into my [Inventory], it gets [Converted] into Minecraft [Milk]. I have drank [Milk] once when I had a cold, and it successfully removed the sickness in a jiffy.

But I have no idea whether drinking the converted [Milk] will do the same thing to other people as well. Is it only limited to me? Or can other people drink the [Milk] and be cured?

I pondered the use of [Milk] while I brought the unconscious Lizardkin into my secret base.

_______________________________________________________________

"Do you want more?" I asked the girl that was wolfing down the food that I offered.

She is currently on the bed that I have placed in the secret base, biting through more and more pieces of the white bread I crafted.

I also roasted some of my specially processed meat. There was a plate of it nearby, it's enticing aroma filling the room.

[Nameless Lizardkin_LV5_HP: 38/41_Status: "Parkinson's Disease"_Title: Masterless Slave]

Parkinson's Disease is something that is very common in this new world that I inhabit. Almost anyone can get it, it's almost like the common flu back on Earth. Anyone whose physical condition isn't at their peak can get it.

The girl simply continued to tearfully devour the food I gave her.

I really feel bad for her. This is probably one of the better meals she's ever had. She's thin as a bone.

I am just glad that it's delicious and tasty. I don't want others to end up not liking my food because it tastes bad.

I placed a bottle of [Milk] before her, and told her to drink it when she needs to wash the food down.

Walking towards my storage chests, I took out some leather and wolf fur.

Winter is almost upon us, I felt it was a good idea to make her some warm clothing.

Placing them on the [Crafting Table], I made them into a [Furry Wolf] set that includes a cap, a top, leggings, and boots.

Hey, don't mock my naming sense! I rather like [Furry Wolf].

... Strange... I didn't know the girl's sizes, but after crafting everything, it turned out to be exactly the right size.

I never noticed this when I made armor for myself in the past.

"Here, wear these. It's going to get cold soon." I placed the [Furry Wolf] clothing by the bed.

Now, how am I going to find a place for her to stay? I doubt I can take her to the Orphanage. She would probably be sent elsewhere.

Plus, I would get my ears scolded till they drop if I take her back with me.

I guess the best order of business is to help her settle into my secret base, and ask her to organize it for me when I am away?

I would need to ask for her consent though, so I turned towards the girl who was finishing off some scraps on the plate.

"Thank you... so much..." The girl wiped some tears from her eyes after she cleared the plate. I noticed that the bottle of [Milk] is already empty.

I checked her stats again.

[Nameless Lizardkin_LV5_HP: 38/41_Status: Normal_Title: Masterless Slave]

"It worked! It worked!" I started to move and jump in excitement.

[Milk] is now officially a miracle cure.

I am going to be sooooooo rich.

Wait, I think I should probably control myself. It's not good to act like a madman in front of strangers.

The girl was, indeed, giving me a confused look, staring at me as if I am some strange animal.

I cleared my throat to clear my thoughts.

And proceeded to take out a [Stone Tablet of Identification].

I found this tablet among the corpses and wreckage that was left behind in my formerly clean and organized camp, among the belongings of the dead. It was inside a broken cart, close to a wooden carriage.

The bloodshed was absolutely horrifying, the smell of blood, sweat, piss, shit, and rotting body parts permeated almost everything. I doubt I can get close without throwing up, so going mining anytime soon is out of the question.

I took all the dead bodies and burned them all at once, then I spread all the ashes into the woods.

May they all rest in peace.

It's been three days, and the girl only awoke just now. I have been sneaking out from the Orphanage more frequently in order to make sure everything is fine. There is a curfew and they also count heads to make sure everybody is present.

"My name is Walson. Is it alright for me to ask for your name?" I have absolutely no idea how to address her.

I even used the [Stone Tablet of Identification] on her once while she was asleep, and she was indeed, nameless.

But that initial scan showed me that she has the talent to become a [Fighter]. I really didn't expect that.

"My... father... never gave me one." she said timidly.

I winced in sympathy. Hopefully I didn't drag up any painful memories.

"Sorry..." I apologized. What else can I do but apologize in this situation?

I wanted to ask her more questions, but I thought it would be better not to.

"Don't worry Master. Y-You're too kind! You don't n-need to apologize to me." She stuttered slightly.

Oh, okay!

...

...

...

Hang on, what did she just call me?

"Master?" with me suddenly freezing up, she inquired in worry.

"Master? Me!?"

[Nameless Lizardkin_LV5_HP: 38/41_Status: Normal_Title: Walson's Slave]

Lo and Behold. The title stat changed right in front of my eyes.

What the nether is going on!? The title instantly changed when she called me master!

"Uhm, Master? Slaves are properties to the masters, and since my previous master died when you took me in... I... I am now your property now." She explained as I was still frozen in shock.

"Th-thank you for saving me. I will never forget your kindness." She then bowed to me while still sitting on the bed.

"A-anyway, let's get that collar off shall we?" I tried to change the subject.

But it backfired on me when tears started to well up in the girl's eyes.

"Y-you don't want me?" she gave me an extremely hurtful look.

Gosh darn it.

She is so cute!

Am I actually going to be a Master to a cute girl right now?

Master, Master, Aaaaah, does this mean I can do ANYTHING to her?

No, no no no no no. Bad thoughts Walson, Bad thoughts.

Still, I am somewhat elated - and disgusted - to suddenly have a slave of my own.

She might be a Lizardkin, but I think she is really cute.

That tail. I really really want to touch her tail.

"... You're going to live here, and tidy up the place while I'm away."

"If that is what you wish, then of course."

Well, I guess she has given her consent?

"Uhm, you can freely use all of the things that are in here, be it furniture or food. I will teach you how to use some of them since they are unique. I will leave things in your hands since I won't always be here."

But I can't just keep calling her as 'girl' or 'slave'. I need to think of a name for her.

She gave me a very puppy-eye-like look.

Nnngh. So cute!

"Your name from now on is Melon Liszar."

And from then on, the nameless girl has gained a name.

Years later, her name became a legend. But that's a story for another time.

108