Volume 1 Chapter 13: Grace in Wonderland
1.8k 12 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon or Ko-Fi, they are 40 Chapters ahead!

(Grace)

I am Grace.

I knew. I knew from the very beginning that I was different.

My hair has a very strange color, one that was described to be darker than black, yet shimmering.

I cannot safely approach water of any kind, if I touch water that has water elementals inside it, it will create a rotting wound.

And, I even have a curse...

Whenever I look someone in the eye, I grow impossibly angry and enraged, with the urge and desire to destroy anything that I looked directly into the eyes.

At least, I think that is a curse.

Because my cursed existence brought other people unhappiness, I was treated terribly.

Everyone called me bad names.

'Freak'.

'Monster.'

'Abomination'.

I did not like it. I did not like... myself, because I seem to embody those things that others dislike.

But thankfully, those are things of the past.

Currently, I like myself a lot.

Because Walson likes me just as I am.

Despite the fact that I am not good with communication, he always thought that it was "Grace's Style of talking."

He told me it was cute, but I didn't understand it, so I simply remembered that he said that.

I have the inborn talent to become a [Mage]. And according to Father Marbon, I will grow into a powerful and formidable one, someone that will be clearly remembered in history, in the future.

My... curse, for a lack of better word, impedes my connection with water. And as a result, I cannot control the water elementals in any shape or form without harming myself to perform any water spells.

On the other hand, all the other elements easily accepted me, and I can easily control all the others.

Fire, Earth, Wind. As well as Light and Dark. Any spell that has nothing to do with water, I can easily learn and master.

I structuralize magic in my mind, and by communicating with the elementals through spell chants and words of power, perform the spells I know with nary an effort.

This process comes easily to me, but I heard not everyone can do that.

Maany, the teacher in our Orphanage, as well as Father Marbon, discourages my use of Dark spells.

But I demonstrated them to Walson.

Every once in a while, when I get some new ideas, I will show my magic to Walson. And every time, he gives me warm smiles and touches, or stroking my hair.

Although I am starting to grow taller than Walson... no, taller than the majority of the other children, I still like to keep my head low, just because it will make it easier for Walson to pat my head.

Walson told me that I was amazing, that I was great, and told me I that was f*cking awesome.

I don't really know what the last one meant, but I simply remember it.

I would probably become an [Elementalist], a kind of mage that has control over at least three elements. I have five out of six.

That's in the future... for me. But what is the future for Walson?

Unlike me, he is a [Commoner].

But he is always doing amazing things!

Walson makes me delicious food that cannot be found from anywhere or anyone except him. And deep down, I am certain that those kinds of food are things that not even the wealthiest of nobles could afford on a regular basis.

And then, Walson always shows me the things he creates, the things he made, and the things he crafted, whenever he has the chance to do so.

I saw that everything he did, from planting, to processing, to completion, was always done on his own.

It baffled me.

And then, I was invited into his secret base, and what I saw completely blew my mind.

Blocks that emit light, something that Walson called a [Redstone Lamp], saying that it was an alternative to candles, and saying how it is better to read books in the night with it because it is superior to the candle.

He didn't take those [Redstone Lamps] to the Orphanage though... He must have his reasons, I won't pry.

There is also a personal hot spring.

It is very difficult for me to clean myself, since I cannot touch water. It has to be boiled first, and I rarely ever take a bath in the rivers.

But Walson's hot spring passed my curse since it was hot and devoid of water elementals.

Taking a dip inside it feels wonderful. I was extremely tempted to permanently move into the secret base simply because of that.

And Walson created other wondrous things. Every single one of them, from Walson's hands.

For some reason, Walson also has a very high LV.

Aside from Maany and Father Marbon, he has the highest LV in the entire village.

How in the world did he get to LV25? Did he train himself somehow?

Walson is nothing like a [Commoner], and in my eyes, he is someone that only exists in stories and fairy tales.

He once told me of a story about a girl who fell down a hole, and found a world full of wonders.

I feel that whenever I am with him, the world changes. It becomes so much more wonderful.

He is the same age as I am, yet I always catch glimpses of immense wisdom that exceeds anyone whenever I look into his eyes.

Sometimes, I want to call him brother.

Big brother.

I think he will become someone incredible in the future.

... Will I be able to stand by his side then?

"Grace, are you certain that you want to [Party] with Walson?" Maany asked me in a tone filled with concern.

"... Grace insists. Only Walson."

 

110