Volume 3 Chapter 30: Recurrence of Changes
298 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Melon)

"Palm Jungle? Isn't that in Duke Falmarno's land? Melon, do you want to go there?" Hearing my words, Master asked me a question like that.

It is nighttime right now, a quiet time for every resident in the capital city. The streetlights that are powered by magic stones outside are gradually being turned on to illuminate the dark streets.

Everyone in the [Dog House] was preparing to bathe and sleep after a full day of work. It was at this time that I arrived in the dining room and made such a request to Master, who was sipping warm wine and reading a book.

Miss Aure was also present, drinking wine together with Master.

"Yes... Although it's been a long, long time since I left that place... it is still my hometown, where there were people who were kind to me when I was young..." I said to Master.

The reason I made this request was because of something that happened earlier.

I was entrusted by Mr. Gabab to go to the Adventurer's Guild to collect material rewards. He couldn't spare the time because today was his wedding anniversary with his wife. Miss Mirabel left the capital a while ago to handle something elsewhere, and Mr. Lawrence was busy with wedding preparations.

So, it had been over a month since I last took on an adventurer experience task. Even so, the adventurer life that I always longed for as a child, I felt very happy to experience it a few times now.

But compared to becoming an adventurer, serving Master is much more important for me.

Since I didn't have much to do, I went to the Adventurer's Guild to collect rewards. While there, I decided to visit the information counter to find out what has been happening recently.

The Adventurer's Guild is essentially a multinational organization, with branches spanning across the Vantinom-Grella branch region. The Holy Kingdoms also have similar guilds, but I'm not familiar with their internal operations.

Because of this, the information counters of the Adventurer's Guild have excellent networks for gathering information, spanning from the neutral countries in the central part of the continent to the eastern nations like Teigitan.

Then, I came across news about "anomalous events."

Many places on the continent have been experiencing abnormal and violent behavior from the monsters in their respective area, occurring in concentrated areas in the northern and central-northern regions. Similar incidents have been reported in the Braatio Plateau in the north, the Ruen Mountains, and even the tropical Palm Jungle. Even the previously safe Mandaga Desert, which lies on the trade route between the Ruen Mountains and Palm Jungle, has begun to see sporadic cases. The Adventurer's Guild has posted numerous related commissions in response to these events.

...Palm Jungle... That's a place that has become somewhat blurry in my memory.

My perpetually drunken father, my six siblings, the villagers... and my Mother.

My late mother... I haven't thought of her in a long time, and I also remembered what happened to her back then... She died without even having a grave.

For a long time, I barely had the luxury to think about anything other than survival, even when I was just picked up by Master.

Today, I realized that I actually have the leisure to consider other things.

I want to go back and build a grave for my Mother... I want to tell Mother that thanks to Master's blessing, I have become a hero and I'm living happily and content.

So, I conveyed this to Master, expressing my desire to go to Palm Jungle.

"Huh? Huh huh huh? Did you just mention the Braatio Plateau?" Barella...No, Miss Aure, who was leisurely drinking and eating fruit beside Master, heard my words and immediately approached me.

Ah... Now that I think about it, I heard from Miss Aure before that she was originally a noble from the Braatio Empire...

"Yes, that's right... That's what the information counter said." I said to Miss Aure.

After listening to me, Miss Aure furrowed her brows.

"Well, I've been exiled anyway, so it doesn't concern me. I don't care." After saying so, Miss Aure then sat back in her seat, taking a sip of wine sullenly.

Miss Aure, you don't seem like you don't care...

"Master, may I go and have a look?" I repeated my request to Master… If Master allowed me to go, I was planning to find a way to go back by myself, so as not to trouble Master……

"Oh, no problem, Melon. We were planning to travel anyway, right? I was wondering where to go." In the end, Master readily agreed to go together.

Regarding this matter, Master's attitude was completely accommodating to our wishes... Master always acts this way.

"Thank you, master, I..."

"Melon's hometown, huh? What kind of place would it be? After we visit Sadin Village, let's make a trip to Palm Jungle." Master said to me with a cheerful smile.

Looking at Master's somewhat childish yet mature smile, I tried to think of some beautiful scenery to describe to Master...

"Wait, wait, you're going on a trip?" Miss Aure stood up again, staring at Master in astonishment.

Ah, that's right... Miss Aure seems to be unaware that Master plans to take us on a trip...

"Yes, we're going on a trip. I was just about to tell you." Master turned to look at Miss Aure.

"Going... on a trip? Then, what about me..."

"During this time, I'll trouble you to take care of the house. Whether you want to give yourself a long vacation or go wherever you like, it's up to you."

"You... " Upon hearing Master's words, Miss Aure's face turned pale and then flushed.

"Just kidding. Let's consider it as a company trip. We'll leave next week, so go and prepare your luggage quickly." Master mischievously stuck out his tongue.

...I think Master said that because he saw how close Miss Aure was to tears.

Just now, Master didn't seem like he was joking at all...

"That's so mean..."

"Master."

"Yes?"

"I've heard that the Braatio Plateau has a very distinctive culture and peculiar architectural landscapes. Master, perhaps you want to see it?" I said so.

Miss Aure, Please allow me to help you a little.


If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon or Ko-Fi it's 50 Chapters ahead!


10